Speaker 1: This is off track. Hello. Welcome to the Off track Roski. Dude. Did you know that Barbara was in a different time zone than Indianapolis ?
Speaker 2: I didn't, until Tim called me in a mood being like, where are you? I'm like, I didn't think I
Speaker 1: Was in a, Speaker 2: I have 30 minutes. And he is like, no. And then Ed, who was riding in the car with me was like, you're on central time. And I was like, oh, . See, I did, I did forget that. Here's my version of it was the thing. I
Speaker 3: Thought you were just being a troll because you texted that you'd be free by six 15, but you texted that at six 30. At six 30. So
Speaker 2: I just thought you were well at, at what point, at what point James knew where I was at what point was he like, oh, he's in Barber. So clearly it's a different time zone.
Speaker 1: No, we always talk about Eastern time. So like, I know you're barber, but it's not my responsibility to, to like decipher your time zones.
Speaker 2: Oh, well , when I'm, when I'm looking at my phone and doing my scheduling and you guys are like, what time you come on? And I'm like, okay, by the time I get to the hotel, blah, blah, blah, it'll be blah, blah, blah. Alright, fine, I get it. But like, I'm also not in California. I'm not like, I forgot. I didn't know. I didn't know. That's right. That's all you to say.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be like a Well what? And you figure it's no. Yes, it's no big deal. It's fine. It happens. You are the one away working. So you're making the biggest sacrifice time-wise and you got the most to figure out. So it's fine. It's not a problem. How was your day at the track? 'cause you were at the track today. You weren't in it in like on the track.
Speaker 2: Pointless, bro. Like, you know how got it. I mean, how pointless setup days are in the first place, let alone set up days for a test.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Speaker 2: That's fair. Like it's, it's, so what
Speaker 3: Does a driver do in a setup day?
Speaker 2: Refreshes Instagram. I don't know. .
Speaker 3: All right. Speaker 1: That is so accurate. That is so good. I
Speaker 2: Neither am I wrong? No. Like, okay. In theory, in theory, um, you discuss, you know, the, well the test
Speaker 1: Plan here, Speaker 2: Here's the thing. Yes. You do all of these things. You, you talk about the test plan, you talk about things you're trying to accomplish. Uh, areas where track walk, last time you were here, no , no areas where last time that you were here, usually most of the time, not usually, but most of the time you've been to said track with the team that you're working with. So you like have very clear ideas of like where you were bad last year, why the car was <inaudible>, blah, blah, blah. Right. Areas that you have to focus on in this situation. Like in this case you have not, in this case I have not. So they're talking and telling me about areas where they were weak. I kind of share some experiences of things that have been beneficial and good in the past. All of it is with a huge asterisk because this is the first time that we're at Barber with a hybrid and a docker a new tire. So like, I, I mean, I don't know. So basically you, you talk in hyperbole about things that may or may not happen and then you, um, just realize that we're gonna have another meeting tomorrow morning going over the same stuff and it's still gonna end with the well, we're just gonna have to go out there and see what we got. That's, and let's also not forget that you've probably also already had a meeting back at the shop before you even left for
Speaker 2: Barber and multiple pre-event reports and conversations and same days. And Yes.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is you should have just driven down this afternoon and gone to the track tomorrow morning for the first time because what did we accomplish? Is that what you're getting at? No,
Speaker 2: Because it's good to see the guys, it's good to shoot <inaudible>. Um, and it's good to show your, um, commitment because they're there, so you should be there. But like did, did do we actually as a group really accomplish anything on a day like today? Not really. Other than relationship building Yeah.
Speaker 1: Team building exercise. Right, exactly. Yeah. That's fair. Did you drive down or fly down?
Speaker 2: Flew me and Christian Speaker 1: Yourself? Yes. Speaker 1: Lovely. I bet Christian's like pretty stoked that he signed for a team who's teammate and team owner share a plane. So he just gets to fly everywhere with Them. Well, so we, we landed at the FBO and like the rental car was waiting. And so by the time we touched down to the time we were rolling, it was like seven minutes. And he was like, huh, that's a nice way of doing it. And we were like, yeah,
Speaker 1: Welcome to the program son. Yeah, pretty
Speaker 2: Good. I mean, he was a little, I think a little in awe and disappointed when we parked next to Pat's jet that's, you know, painted with his logo and his colors. But still, I don't think I knew
Speaker 1: Patto had a jet. Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Super. Got a jet.
Speaker 2: It's, it's actually too small of a jet for him now. So he is in the process of upgrading jets. I believe we've all been there. Yeah. Right, right. ,
Speaker 1: It's funny because I was speaking to Rojan about his jet 'cause he upgraded from a twin prop to a jet.
Speaker 2: A premier. Yes.
Speaker 1: I think he's downgrading now. 'cause he's realizing how insanely expensive they are to operate . Mm-hmm .
Speaker 2: But what's funny is like, I told him this throughout his entire buying process and he was like, no, it's not that bad. It's not that bad. And then you start writing these checks instead of it being, you know, every time you do it, $1,200, $1,600. It's like seven, nine
Speaker 1: Grand, Speaker 2: Grand, grand, grand. Yeah. That's too much. That's too many grands. That's about too many. Seven too many. Seven too Many. Way more grands than I've got to throw away on airplanes. Mm. Um, speaking of airplanes, I briefly, I shamefully neglected to tell a very important travel story on this travel podcast last week. Flying home from St. Can't wait. Yeah. So it was one of the most,
Speaker 2: Were you on that, were you on that spirit flight out of Tampa? No,
Speaker 1: No. I was on a,
Speaker 2: Uh, outta Clearwater.
Speaker 1: I was on a, uh, no, we did a connection. I was on an American flight. I couldn't get 'em was those, we booked everything so late, so I booked late just because everything that we did on weekend one was late from our side of things. Um,
Speaker 2: Was your connection, was your connection, uh, from Tampa to Indianapolis Via like Shanghai C Stupid Shang. Oh, okay. High.
Speaker 1: Uh, no, it wasn't quite that bad. Okay. Um, but so, so, so Fox obviously books my travel. And so when Becky then decided to try to book, 'cause she wasn't sure if she was staying or if we were, you know, she was going somewhere else and her, so by the time she booked all, like, she was in the middle seat in like row 12 or something, right? Mm-hmm . Which is what it's, and I had a big seat up front, thank you Fox chat out Fox boards. Mm-hmm . And I told her, I was like, there's just no way that you're not sitting in my seat. Like, it's not right. Like, it's just not gonna happen. It's fine. Of course. Um, and she was trying to fight me on it. She's like, no, no, you worked all weekend. Whatever was like, it's fine. I'm, we're going home. Like if I was, doesn't matter landing and had to go straight, we're doing a red eye and going straight to work
Speaker 2: On landed. It's through one hour flights, correct. Like,
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, it's fine. So she's like trying to fight me on this, like all the way into the plane. And so I just made sure I was ahead of her in line, put the bag up at my quote unquote seat and was like, have a great flight. And she was trying to fight me on a whatever fight. So I leave. So she goes in. So we're sitting there and this guy, or sorry, sorry, this flight attendant comes up to me and she was like, Hey, there's a gentleman who would like to, he goes, are you traveling with? She goes, are you traveling with your wife? And I said, yeah. And she goes, there's a gentleman that would like to swap seats with you so that way you can sit with your wife. And I was like, no, that's, that's not necessary. That's, and she's like, he's pretty insistent. I'm like, I don't think he understands that I'm in a middle seat back here. It's, it's fine. It's very, very kind. Please send on my thanks. And she goes like, she goes back, she's like, he really, he, he really would like you guys to be able to sit together. And so like now it's just got awkward, right? Because it's like I'm sitting around other people, I'm like, they're like, why aren't you going ? I'm like, I gotta, I'm like, okay, alright, sure. So I stand up and I go over and the guy was like, yeah, look, I get it. She was like, I, he's, I know you, I know that you travel a lot for work and you probably don't get a lot of time with your wife or whatever. So he's like, I know when I travel, I like being, you know, every minute because I travel a lot for work too. So every minute that I can be with my wife, I really appreciate that time. And so, and I was like, I was like, sir, you do not have to do this. Like, I am in a middle seat back there. She's like, it's fine. It's a short flight. He's like, it's, it's, I would rather you guys got the opportunity to hang together. And I was like, that's the sweetest thing I've ever experienced. That's incredible. I felt so guilty taking it, but like you could tell he was not taking over for an answer. Yeah, yeah. Yeah. So Brian, shout out Brian. So when we landed, I would never do anything that nice
Speaker 2: Humanity's as humanity's, not as, as you'd think.
Speaker 1: It's not all gone. There's a few good eggs left. No. Yeah. And so we got off the plane, we waited for Brian and chatted to him for a little bit, got his email. He's gonna come out to a race. We're gonna sort everything out. It's gonna be great. So, but just like the nicest act of kindness. Yeah. I've seen a long time when people normally just like all <inaudible> when you're traveling, right? Yep. So then we go to check into our flight to the next flight from Charlotte to Indy. So again, Becky's an economy. I've got a business class seat, we're there, it's about to board. And they call like 12 names up, 15 names up to the front desk. And mine's one of them. And I was like, okay. So I stroll on up to the thing, and this is an oversold flight. Like they've already kind of tried to get people to do this, whatever mm-hmm . And so I, I get there, I'm at the back of this queue of people and I don't, and the guy says something and I can't hear what he's saying. And I'm like, wait, he's not kicking us off this plane. Is he like, I really, really would like to get home tonight. And they're like, they're like, no, there's something about a, a, a broken seat. And they're asking for a volunteer to like move to economy. And so like I, I like pushed my way to the front, like I noticed no one put their hand up, but, so I pushed my way to the front and I was like, sorry, what's the deal? He's like, we've got a seat with a malfunction. We can't use it. He goes, before I just randomly select somebody I like, every time this happens, I like calling up the whole class of the whole cabin and being like, is anybody willing to volunteer? And so I was just like, that's that's guy, that's the universe telling me it's time to take one for the team so we can all just, I got my business class C that I wasn't supposed to have on the last flight. We're good. I'm like, absolutely, I'll take it. Let's, let's roll this thing. And like, it was so funny because the entire, it was crickets, man. When he first said it, everyone was just like, eh, . And I was just like, what's the deal? I'm like, dude, I'm not delaying this flight. Like let's, let's roll, let's go . So it was just the universe balancing itself out. So I thought it was funny, funny, uh, funny day on the way on the trip home,
Speaker 2: Man. Well, I mean, Brian, what a, what a hell of a guy. Like, I, I can't, yeah. I'm, I'm, I'm of your same, um, thought process. Like there's no way I would ever let Kelly sit and coach if I have a, like you're not gonna do that to your significant other. I wouldn't do that to my mom. I wouldn't like you just don't do that. Right. Fine. But I also would never go to the lengths that Brian went to for the two of you. So like, shout out Brian.
Speaker 1: Somebody does like complete stranger and just like for sure saw the it for all he knew, bro. I sick. Wouldn't, wouldn't sick of her and wanted a time away. Wouldn. I
Speaker 2: Wouldn't do. I would knowing you and you being like my best friend, I wouldn't do it for you. If Becky sat next to me and she explained the situation, I would be like that guy.
Speaker 3: I would've, I would've like literally looked back at you and cheered you from first class. I not opened the curtain for you. I'll
Speaker 2: Send you, I'll send you please
Speaker 1: Send him a 'em a diet Coke. I get those. Anyway.
Speaker 2: I would definitely, Speaker 3: Like if you tried to use the front cabin bathroom, I would have It on you.
Speaker 1: They taste better up here. This is a business class diet Coke. They taste way better up here.
Speaker 2: Love Speaker 1: It. Oh, Mark's gonna hate this chat. Yeah. Mark's really not gonna like our business class chat. Um, so yeah, so that was very cool.
Speaker 3: I, and that actually did happen to me on a flight home where I had gotten upgraded and I saw my uncle and his wife boarding the same flight and I guess they, they didn't get the upgrade and I just kind of waved and watched him go as they, as they passed me by in first class. I was like, eh, it sucks to be you Uncle Mark,
Speaker 1: Like , but like in general, well, again, there's only, it's only you. It's not like you can do anything in that situation.
Speaker 3: I could have given it to my aunt, but you know,
Speaker 1: She wanted to be with your uncle
Speaker 2: Joe James. It's, uh, it's it's race week for you. We've got, um, yeah, sporty cars are back. Should we, should we talk a little bit about, since we're on the sporty car topic or about to be on the sporty car topic? Yeah, there's a little bit of chaos surrounding one of the teams, um, in sporty cars. So I don't, oh, . I don't, I feel like we should mention it. So AO racing, um, is a team in LMP two as well as GTD. I don't know which one. Yeah,
Speaker 1: I don't know which one.
Speaker 2: Anyways, so can you guys hear that? No. In a hotel. And I feel like there's another chipmunk in my wall anyways. Um, fortunately I travel with my sauce, so I'll get to work. Uh, so no . So they're, um, they, they have done a very good job, um, of creating this brand around their cars. So their cars are like, um, they have mascots that are like dinosaur mascots and they're painted kind of crazy greens and purples and all this stuff. And, and they're defining, um, like characteristic to their schemes is the, the front of the cars are like teeth, right? Like yeah, I I don't wanna say sharp teeth, but some sort of animal teeth or whatever,
Speaker 1: Right? It's a dinosaur. Like it's a Yeah, it's a mouth with teeth, right? And there's a gold tooth and
Speaker 2: Dinosaur teeth. Yeah. Yeah. And so there was, um, basically a little bit of controversy that developed because this, how
Speaker 1: Did it start?
Speaker 2: How did what start Speaker 1: The controversy? Like it, I saw the backlash after the fact, but like what, how did it, did you see how it kicked off? I did not. Speaker 1: Yeah. So like, I guess if maybe a fan like put teeth on their car or something. Yeah,
Speaker 3: I saw a, a girl posted a picture of her car with the teeth photoshopped on the front of it saying, no, I was going to, you know, do something to my car, but I guess now I gotta do this. Which, like, good natured fun. Cool.
Speaker 2: So the, the, the backlash came from, they responded to that being like, Hey, this is kind of like our thing and all this sort of thing. And I think it came from a good place in the sense that, um, they even
Speaker 3: Tried to say it was trademarked. They said their their liveries are trademarked, you know, make your car your own thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I Speaker 3: Agree. Didn't they weren't like cease and desist. They right. It wasn't. So there's, there's a point to this broader story that I'm bringing up. So there, I think the response was goodhearted in nature in the sense that they didn't want their brand to potentially be hurt at some point in the future if, god forbid something were to happen with a car that had racing teeth on the front of it and all this sort of thing. Right? The same reason why teams, um, don't want you donating all of your team wear team kit to Goodwill. And they want you to throw it out even though it pained all of us to do it because it's perfectly good jackets and clothes and polos and all this sort of thing. You gotta throw it out because they don't want said sponsors and partners and whatever potentially being involved in a really bad situation later on down the road. Right? They don't wanna have connect. They
Speaker 1: Don't want ending up in Portland on some crackhead who's right. Exactly. And I bring that up specifically because someone, someone gave a last week for ING on Portland, it's like, what's wrong with Portland man? It's like, you've clearly never been, if you don't understand
Speaker 2: Literally everything, um, minus like beauty. I digress. The beauty, the natural beauty of it, right? Yeah. So, so AO racing then kind of has to backtrack a little bit 'cause there was a lot of backlash that was coming, um, from it online, from fans and other people being like, you're not the first person to have teeth on your cards and here's all these examples and all this sort of thing. And so they kind of put a statement out explaining all of this reasoning as to why they kind of went to the level that they did with their response. And I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on why do you think there, do you not, why do you think it should be something that a brand takes a stance on an issue? And then social media, whether it's bias or social media response or social media, negative social media press if you will, makes them change their stance on it completely. Because I don't think anything that they did in essence and the beginning was wrong. Like, I don't think, they didn't say, you're gonna get sued. Here's, here's a letter from our attorney. Like Tim said, there was no cease and desist all this sort of thing. They kind of just did like, Hey, that's our thing, please don't do it sort of thing. Which might be wrong, might be right, doesn't really matter. They completely kind of 180 on their response because of the social media kind of, um, uh, disapproval that they got. So should we be doing that? Do you think that's, do you think that's a, a thing that, because I, in my mind, they look even worse now, like it, it makes them look like guilty because they're like accepting fault for something they really
Speaker 1: Wasn't wrong. A crime, right? Like, it's
Speaker 2: So like why if, if I tweet something right and people disagree with it or not tweet say something on podcast, oh, Portland sucks. Why do we go there? Right. People <inaudible> on me about it. I'm not gonna change my opinion of it. So like why should anyone be changing their opinion on,
Speaker 1: Because I, I think
Speaker 2: A statement they make on social media.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. I agree in principle, I think the difference is to, to use your, to use your example Portland objectively does suck. So, but, but when you say something that people have a good argument and like maybe you missed the broader point in your original statement, even though nothing about what the team said was ever supposed to be like, it wasn't anti fan, they weren't discouraging their fans from supporting them by painting. You know, it, it was just like, I don't know. I I think that there may have been like a, a tone that was overlooked in the team's responses. Mm. And so I get why they, but is
Speaker 2: It worth then putting out a whole nother press statement?
Speaker 1: Not when it was worse than the first one. Yeah, sure. Honestly, I I think they just, they just missed the boat twice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaker 3: If it's specifically about the response on social media, like yeah, you can amplify those responses and get them faster, but what's the difference between that? And like, people that used to write in op-ed letters or mail-in campaigns or other ways of expressing their opinion in a public way. Like we can just do it a lot easier now. Um, for
Speaker 1: Sure. I, but I think, I think to your point, the the, the changing of it actually made it worse.
Speaker 2: Worse. Speaker 1: It hadn't replied until the backlash point, this would've died down because I, I never about right. The original offense I never even actually heard of it was the, it was the reaction to the backlash, right? To like, you know, whatever that got even, I don't know, the whole thing is silly. So it's a, a thirst SA sports car team. We're just, we're just going racing. Calm down. Like it's fine. Bad. The other thing, the other thing that happened yesterday on social media that I want, I wanna talk about before we get to re is in a similar vein, but not really. Um, there's A-N-H-R-A funny car driver, right? That Absolutely. We
Speaker 3: Talked about this with Kyle Kirkwood. Oh
Speaker 1: Yeah. I, I really, no, no, no. I want hear your take on this. I definitely wanna hear your take on this. That guy's
Speaker 2: A clown. Okay. Because my favorite, my favorite, my favorite part about all of this is the next time that he was on television was a qualifying run. And he qualified at 209 miles an hour. 'cause he was all sideways and spun the tires and was all outta shape his average speed or top speed. He was 2 0 9. He was slower than Indy car. So it was like, hmm. Slower than Indy car, huh? Shut up and calling Fox out for being like fake news network and blah blah blah and all this sort of thing. Like that's not, we're not saying it's the, and the single fastest
Speaker 3: Broadcast by them. NHRA is also on Fox. Fox. So
Speaker 2: What's your point?
Speaker 1: Why would you calling criticized Fox? Fox? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, right, right, right. No, no, no. Just, just completely insane. I don't understand it at all.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, the, I I love his passion. He's passionate about his sport. I respect that. Um, if you want to get very specific, yes, NHRA is racing and yes, it is technically a faster speed than any car. Fine. I don't think a lot of people classify them in the same kind of brand of motor sports. And that, like drag racing versus circuit racing is the same way. You wouldn't include rally racing. Like
Speaker 2: I saw one person respond with saying NHRA is racing is akin to saying finger painting is art.
Speaker 1: That's, that's maybe belittling the sport more than I'm okay with. I it's not that. Um, but it's a different kind of racing, right? It's, but like fastest circuit racing in the world doesn't have the same flow. Right? The, the anger that he showed, what I didn't get was like, it's not like the ad said the NHRA sucks. IndyCar is better. They were just making a blanket statement to make IndyCar look good, right? Mm-hmm. It was not, it was not supposed to be at the cost of NHRA. Like he is bringing more attention, negative attention to the NHRA based on that reaction than I think anyone that saw the IndyCar commercials has. So mm-hmm . I, I get it. He's not wrong. It is a faster form of racing. It's a different kind of racing. This is a tagline and a commercial calm down. Like he didn't even talk about his run. He just talked about that and left in such a, if he had like dropped a little joke, I was expecting one of them to maybe be like, yeah, hey, I qualified at three 30. That's a little quicker than your car. Is that the fastest race? But no, he just like went and scorched earth on it, which I think was totally the wrong approach. So again, passionate guy, I respect that he just maybe didn't approach that one the best and
Speaker 2: Wow. . So, uh, see room 12 hour. Let's talk about that now. Let's do it. Let's talk about, um, you are, uh, going to compete in a race that, uh, is gonna be longer than Daytona was for you. Hopefully,
Speaker 1: God willing. Yeah. .
Speaker 2: Um, Speaker 1: The nine hours of Daytona was not Yeah. Uh, not what we were looking for. So what's the what? Give us
Speaker 1: The, what's the prognosis? Yeah. What do we think? So, you know, obviously the team's been, uh, been hard of work since Daytona. We obviously had a bunch of repair work to do, which sucked, but, uh, part of the deal as a result of that, we missed the test 'cause the car wasn't, um, up and running again, which really sucks. 'cause we could have definitely used the, uh, test time that said, you know, um, you know, so it's Marco, Andrea, and myself back in the car and, um, they, they both know the track. They've raced there before. They obviously know the car, like the back of their hand. So it's, uh, it's not the worst case scenario. The other Lamborghini, the Forte car did run at the test. So we'll get some, some information from them, which helps. And yeah, man,
Speaker 2: Like it's how much, how much, how much sharing is there between you guys? Because yes, it's, you're both driving Lamborghinis, but you are also super competing against each other.
Speaker 1: Uh, well different classes, right? Because we're GTD Pro and their GTD Fair.
Speaker 2: Fair. Okay. Speaker 1: So that it's less of a thing, although, mm-hmm. You know, I got, I'm, I hate to call them out this way, but like we had that last year with McLaren as well, right? The Inception car was not in the same class as us and they were, and I don't know if this came from the team or if this was more of like, they were not like from, from McLaren. They did not like to share. Speaker 1: They were not very forthcoming with information. Yeah. It is much, much, uh, a much more, uh, symbiotic relationship with Forte than it was cool last year on the McLaren side of things. So whether that's coming from the team or from Lambo, directive from Lambo, I don't know. But yes, it's a much, much more open book. I wouldn't say it's completely open, but it's much more open. So it's great. Um, so that will help, uh, tremendously. And yeah man, I'm excited. It's gonna be hot again, which sucks because you remember last year was hot and uh, not great. Um, well Kirkwood was saying it's supposed to be like 90 degrees on Saturday. Oh, Oh, no, Speaker 1: No. Hmm. I really does. Does this car have Speaker 1: Vents? I wanna start the race now. . What, uh, does it, what Have vents?
Speaker 1: It's got a lot better air flow than the McLaren.
Speaker 2: It's so it has some,
Speaker 1: It has some and uh, it is definitely a cooler car, but we don't have like AC and we don't have cool suit. I don't know if maybe we have a cool suit actually. Why? No, hang on. They might. They were. Mm. I'll get back to you on that. We didn't in Daytona, but
Speaker 2: A chance we have 'cause thing's been run that thing's been running for like,
Speaker 1: Like a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How is there not AC or a cool suit? I understand the McLaren because like it was new-ish.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the ac ac no, but the, the cool soup maybe and maybe that was just 'cause we got the car so late in Daytona and Daytona ended up being freezing cold anyway, so it was fine. Um mm-hmm. I'll, I'll report back on that, but I do hope we have it because Sebring was not super awesome in the heat last year. Mm-hmm. Um, but yeah man, it's, who knows, you know, it's a different, it's a different BOP than uh, Daytona. Um, just in general, right? Like the overall philosophy, like it's one BOP for Daytona and then another BOP for the rest of the races. So we still don't know, we obviously had a good one in Daytona. The car was very competitive. I don't know where we're gonna stack up at Sebring. Um, not having tested there obviously hurts, but, uh, we will see and yeah, I'm just excited to get back behind the wheel and um, see the guys again. You know, again, we got the car like mid-December, right? So even just for the team, having had it now in the shop for this time in between Daytona Sebring for a month or whatever, you just get the opportunity to go through everything better and you know, learn a little bit more about the car and, and this that and the other. So, um, yeah, on paper cautiously optimistic, but we won't know until we know first time going there with the torque sensors and they don't like bumps and Seber has a bump or two. So that's gonna be interesting. Yeah, I think managing that is gonna be very tough. Mm. We'll make it work. Um, what, uh, I mean what are you looking forward to tomorrow at old mm-hmm . Yeah, I'm good now. I think I got it all. I bet he's got one more in him. No, I'm not gonna do that. I'm not gonna do what you would do .
Speaker 2: Is it, is it, is it French? Speaker 1: No, Absolutely not. I didn't know if there was some like background of French. No.
Speaker 1: God no. Speaker 2: Uh, what am I looking forward to? Well, ECR has historically been very good there. Um, it's true. And the first one was there I believe,
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true or not, but like they're, they are super strong there. Um, so I'm looking forward to that. Driving a, a stout car there. Um,
Speaker 1: Who else? Sorry? Who is testing?
Speaker 2: So everyone is testing minus can and
Speaker 1: Andrei. Andrei
Speaker 2: And Juncos, but SSI is kind of testing 'cause shanks here.
Speaker 1: True. Yeah. That's great for that man. You kinda gotta split that up in almost easier days,
Speaker 2: Dude. So, and, and, and I were talking about this and it's like, that should be not allowed. Or if it is allowed, then team should have the ability to like, I'm, we're gonna send Christian to Barbara and Alex to Indie g next week. Yeah. Like
Speaker 1: It should be, you should be able to split up drivers. I actually think that makes sense. Right? So
Speaker 2: Fine. But like it's, it's kind of, it's kind of bull that like S's getting a completely extra day.
Speaker 1: Well then again, if you did it that way, then every Gany driver could get a day. So they could test at three tracks instead of two. So that actually wouldn't work out.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine. So you need to eliminate if if if Banks's going to attach,
Speaker 1: If you have a technical partnership,
Speaker 2: Ity has to go, Speaker 1: Both cars have Yeah. Both teams have to go right. Or they don't, but it counts against their day . Sure. Penske and Foyer here. Um, so that's a non non-issue. But anyway, so, so a lot of people here, so it'll be a good, um,
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's still like 20 cars probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it'll be a good benchmark to know where we're at. Um, and listen, like we know that road courses and the, uh, ovals, well we know that road courses in Indie are like the races we have to capitalize on. Um, so it's very important for us to really learn about the tire, learn how the hybrid effects, you know, their historical setup here and if any, right. Because this is, you know, one of six, seven races on the calendar that we know we, you know, have our best shot to, to score pretty big point. So, um, it's an important day, it's a big day and hopefully it, uh, goes smooth and, and we can accomplish what we're trying to accomplish.
Speaker 1: Love that. What's your, uh, oh, so, all right, so that's all the driving stuff, I think. Anything, is there any, is there any news to be missing? You'd like big news f ones this weekend, but we'll talk about that next weekend, I'm sure. Oh wait, did you, did you, um, did you do a fantasy team or not ? I am asking because yes, Tim, can you confirm or deny this? No. Okay, so I have a feeling you didn't That's fine. You can still join, even though you're a race behind. I feel like you should do that. So we started that league. I started the league that you were supposed to join, that I told everybody you were gonna be in and you're not. So if you're letting the people down, it's fine. Um, and, and how many people,
Speaker 2: To be fair, to be fair, you didn't say I had to join. You said true. You're gonna, you're gonna pretend that you're joining. I'm downloading it right now. Okay. I forgot. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The guy that's leading. Oh, how about this? That's actually hilarious. What? So I was gonna say, so there's, there's 1,570 players in the league,
Speaker 2: In your league.
Speaker 1: In my league. Very Speaker 2: Awesome. That's incredible. Very happy about that turnout. So you don't need
Speaker 2: Me, um, Speaker 1: After race one, I am 367th Okay. Of, Of it's ahead of me.
Speaker 1: 1500 very much very far ahead of you. But as I look the, the person, I don't know, I, the person, um, that is leading their like avatar, their, their profile picture is a shot of, looks to me like the 2016 Indy 500 with one Alex Rossi leading ahead of one James HLA . Look at us. And I, I just noticed that it's, yeah, it's a shot of us going into turn one. How funny is that? Look
Speaker 2: At us, pal.
Speaker 1: Look at us. So yeah, it's actually really fun. It's actually like I'm, I'm super, you know, I suck at fantasy.
Speaker 2: I'm getting in now. I'm getting in now.
Speaker 1: So I also, um, Fox starting the
Speaker 2: League. Who are you, who are your, who are your five dudes?
Speaker 1: So it's, uh, let's see, Speaker 2: Or six dudes, Whatever you have to do. So like it's, you have to do six, I know you six
Speaker 2: 19 have money, right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then, and you have like, um, contracts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know that, right? So can you explain
Speaker 1: That last time? So, right. So I, I don't remember how many races I signed everybody up for.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay. Speaker 1: Right. So I don't know. I don't know. I don't know what my team looks like for next week if it stays the same one. So Who, who did you have in St. Pete? The guy E 300th.
Speaker 1: So I had Polo Speaker 2: Smart, So that worked. I had New Gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaker 1: So that worked. Where'd he finish? Speaker 1: I had New Gun was third. Oh yeah, Speaker 1: I had award. 'cause you get points for like passes and stuff, right? So he passed the most cars, so that was good. Okay. Okay. I had Calott Who didn't Speaker 1: Work, started 27th, finished 19th did great. Made me a lot of points. Okay. Okay. Oh, dude Breaks join Pal.
Speaker 1: It breaks down how they scored their points. Oh, cool. Okay. So you get something called, oh, so comp would Oh, assumes laps completed. So we finish the race, everybody gets the same amount. All my guys finish the race. That was good. Overtakes. You get points for that percentage of laps Lead, you get points for that. And then there's one other category that says pi, but I don't know what that stands for. Pi
Speaker 2: I as interference. Speaker 1: . Oh, then you get points for beating your teammate. Mm. What are it's PCI points? I just signed below.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh yeah. So then I had, I had VK and Rosen as well.
Speaker 2: You Speaker 1: I knew that was coming. . Who did you that Tim, Speaker 1: You would've actually been, you would've been a good guy because of where you, uh, finished. Yeah. From where you Started. Who, where what, who do you have Tim?
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't have this. I, I wasn't made, I didn't have to do this. This was a you guys thing. I get to set this one
Speaker 2: Out. Oh, well so far I've just signed Hello. And I think that's all I'm gonna sign because I feel like that'll
win. Speaker 1: . So in the fox, in the fox one, so they did a fox one, I did a different lineup and I got more points that would've put me 13th overall of the 13,000 players that are on the game. Oh, apparently.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well listen, I would join before thermal. I will do my best to beat you because that's really all that I would be trying to do.
Speaker 1: It's really all it's about. Um,
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think, uh, I dunno what else to talk about. Guys, I got a question. You got Tim's hair. Looks like.
Speaker 3: Thanks. It's good to see you two.
Speaker 2: Yep. I Speaker 1: Heard it. I'm trying to remember where I heard this. Somebody on something. I dunno if it was on a show of some kind, you got caught in a mudslide. Mm. Would you be more worried about getting crushed to death or suffocating to death?
Speaker 3: I feel like I don't do well enough in emergency situations to have like, the presence of mind to decide what I'm freaked out about. Like, I think I'd, I'd be dead before I knew what to worry about.
Speaker 1: Okay. Let me, let me rephrase the question. Which way would you rather die in a mudslide by suffocating to death or being crushed to death?
Speaker 3: No, I think I'd go to suffocation. Right. Because
Speaker 2: No, you wouldn't. This goes on instant, dude. Yeah, but I mean,
Speaker 1: You could be crushed Speaker 3: Slowly. It's like when you drown, you're like, they, they say you go through like euphoria or something when you drown.
Speaker 2: Oh my God. That's a horrible, that is my biggest fear. Like, that's the one way I would rather don't say it.
Speaker 1: Don't say it . I saw your lips form it. Don't say it
Speaker 2: Now. I gotta know. So number number two would be drowning, right? Like the worst number one. Definitely burned alive. Yeah. But like, those are the, the top two worst ways to go, I think.
Speaker 1: Have you guys heard of, uh, oh, what was it called? It's, it's a, there's a documentary that's now it's been made a movie. It's called like LA One Last Breath or something like that about these divers that have to go down to work on like the oil rigs and stuff. Yeah, the wells. Oh
Speaker 3: Yeah. The movie's coming out. Right? The movie's
Speaker 1: Coming out. So we watched the documentary, spoiler alert, turn down the volume if you don't wanna know what happens in this show movie and eventually like documentary
Speaker 3: And then eventually movie they go, they go underwater.
Speaker 1: So the guy makes it, but okay, he dies like barely. He runs out of air, he has five minutes of air and he's down there for like 32 minutes or something. So
Speaker 2: You're saying that's a problem. He couldn't hold his breath for 27 minutes.
Speaker 1: He could not so coward, right? Yeah. But, but he did like, there's this unbelievable moment at the end of the movie, . You guys suck.
Speaker 2: Okay. Speaker 1: Oh man, there's, now I can't even say what I was gonna say. It just ruins the poignant moment. . But what this guy, but see, but this guy wouldn't have drowned because when he lost his air, like he, the hose ripped, but then he had this backup tank that's supposed to last for five minutes. Right? But so he didn't like drown. He just ran out of air in like an, in a suit in like a airtight suit. So that's different than drowning. 'cause drowning iss like the panic that's Essentially suffocating.
Speaker 1: It's suffocating. But he said he is like, it was really peaceful. He's like, I was really upset and weird about it. At first I thought he died. And he is like, then well he died, but then he, he, but he did, they brought him back. Like he, he made it, he he
Speaker 3: Hing clipped Speaker 1: It. Like basically, yeah, like they had a, they had like a re like a remote little submarine thing that had a camera on him and like you saw him twitching at the end and then stopped twitching. And then like 10 minutes later they got to him and you see a guy dragging his lifeless body up, <inaudible> into the thing. And then they get him into the thing and the guy just gave him a couple breaths of air, CPR style and he woke up. But he says he remembers the whole thing. It's, and he
Speaker 2: Was like's incredible.
Speaker 1: He, when he talks to the doctor, there's like this really crazy moment where he just has this really like, really personal moment with the doctor. And he was like, it's not that bad it. And I was like, oh my god, . It was so, it was so wild, man. You should, you should watch the documentary. 'cause it is what happened to get him stuck down there is so <inaudible>. Like, it's like a hundred. It's like, it's like my a hundred things had to go just wrong at the right time in the right order. What
Speaker 2: Was in the, she lined up. Yep. Dude.
Speaker 1: Yep. Hundred percent. Is
Speaker 3: It bad? I saw the ad for that movie. For the, the, not the documentary. Yeah. For the other moon coming out. And my thought was like, eh, I haven't scuba dived in a while. I should go
soon. Speaker 1: . No, same. This actually. Yeah. No, but so, so this was, I don't know if you saw my story the other day on Instagram, but, well, Becky posted it and I reposted it 'cause we're watching this. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. So this guy has this very near death experience. Right. He should have been dead. Like it doesn't make any sense that he's right.
Speaker 2: I dunno. It's near death. I mean that was Yeah,
Speaker 1: It's like, it's like past death. Yeah. Right, right. Death, death experience. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah. Great Speaker 1: Point. Yeah, Speaker 1: He's not near it. Actually. He was quite far behind him. He was Past death. I got
Speaker 1: Way past death. He was super deaf.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Speaker 1: And so, uh, so they're like, they're so, like, it reveals that he survives and all this stuff or whatever. And then, and then they, like, the music kind of starts uplifting and they starts saying some stuff and I'm sitting there cross sound. I'm like, I swear to God if this guy goes back diving again, if he goes back to diving, if that's, if that's what if he goes back diving. I swear to God. And it's like three weeks later, mark was back on a dive. I'm like, what the fuck? I'm like, this guy nearly dies doing this. And three weeks later he just jumps back in. Didn't nearly die. Speaker 1: Sorry. Sorry. This guy literally dies. Yep. Speaker 1: Literally dies. And three weeks later, just right back, just right back in the ocean. Like this is, I hate, this is so annoying. These people like, this piss me off. And Becky, no
Speaker 3: Self-awareness Speaker 1: Dude. Zero. Zero. I just like, there was no response and I kind of just looked over and the look on Becky's face was priceless. She was just like, and I'm like, oh yes. Okay, now I get why the doctors were so pissed off when my third question was, when can I get back in a race car? Yeah. Yeah. Now I get it. Now I understand. Mm-hmm. So yeah, it was just a very funny moment of lack of self-awareness. and, uh, yeah, I deserve to, I deserve that look pretty aggressively. Yeah. But I do suggest going to watch the, the documentary. It's very good. Mark, mark would've hated that response. Nah. I mean, doesn't he hate, I also just realized with like, you know, some pe people have that conversation we just had. They're like, oh, you know, how would you like to go for you? It's like, well next time I think I'd like drag .
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, the first one I wouldn't as big a fan of is too messy, too many people involved. It was just a lot of work for a lot of people. I don't wanna everything I put people out like that sticky. It was, yeah. I had to throw out all my clothes. It was a whole thing. Whole thing. Yeah. You
Speaker 3: Made it on sports dinner
Speaker 1: Between that and pee in the seat. Basically. Anytime,
Speaker 3: Every time you left bodily fluids in a car, you've made it on SportsCenter.
Speaker 1: That's the key guys. Alex, there's only, there's only one more bodily fluid to use. Uh, I can think of a couple. That would be a day, my friend. On that note, have fun testing tomorrow. We'll talk to you later. This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi. Off track is part of the serious SiriusXM Sports Podcast network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Off Track on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Off Track is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean f.