Speaker 1: This is off track.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're hot. We're like, we're live. We sound good. Yeah, we sound good. Hey, happy carb day baby. Come on. Go. Pacers, huh? Yes, sir. Yes. Sirs. Come on, man. Uh, so I'm James Hinchcliffe. This is Alexander Rossi. Hey guys. Excited about this. Yeah. It's good to be here. Yeah. Joey, thank you for doing this as you have you guys listen to the show? You might have known, um, the hosts have other jobs. Uh, James is live on Fox right now, Uhhuh, so I think it's awesome that you guys are out here to hear us talk. Yes. While he's, you know, we're filling in good substitute teachers. a cool, fun substitute teachers, right? I mean, yeah. You always wanted to have like the, the sub that was a little hungover and you just got to watch Bill Nye the science guy. Yep. Roll in the TV monitor. Yeah. Yeah. That was the way to go. The tv. That's when you knew you were gonna have a good day. I think he'd be a great substitute teacher in real life. Oh, I don't know, man. I spend a lot of time around kids, around my, my daughter and her friends and like, I like my daughter and her friends. Yeah. 'cause I have to say that 'cause they're here. Uhhuh. Um, I don't like anybody else's kids. My kids are asleep, so I'm sure yours are fine. He can say whatever you want about them. Rossi's. I, I met Rossi's baby the other day. He does have a kid. Kid. He's fine. Yeah, he was, he was fine. Fine. I mean, I don't like that they prioritize him over me. I've known him longer. That's true. You know? Yeah. I think I've spent more nights in that house than that baby has. Uh, yeah. He is two weeks old, so that tracks Yeah. Math tracks on that. Yeah. I'm like, I've spilled more. Yeah. Yeah. How are your kids doing? They're asleep, like I said. So it's been a miserable existence so far today. . But they're out here, baby, and they're track babies and raise 'em the right way. And they're cashed out now, so we're good to go. Yeah. Yeah. Were, are you guys having fun? Yeah, baby. Yeah. What we drinking? I, I don't have one. I'm on dad duty today. I mean, let's go pass. You can't one. You wanna pass me one? Okay. I mean, this is my last one, but I guess you're having me here, so I think, I think we'll, uh, we get some more. Sure. James is here. Hey. Hey buddy. Come on in. I don't know if I can stand with this thing on, so I'm just gonna stay sitting. Look at this guy with the fox approve. I mean, I gotta ask first Yeah. About the Fox uniform that they have you guys in with your each separate color jumpsuit,
Speaker 1: Uh, Speaker 2: Athleisure. Do they give you guys assigned colors? My mom dresses me now. It's great. Yeah. Um, yeah, so the only thing that matters is that Buxton has to be an oatmeal. His color palette is oatmeal, beige, oatmeals. Very neutral.
Speaker 2: I've noticed here. A lot of gray. And then townsend's a lot of blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, Townsend, it's funny. Townsend wore a, uh, a Merlott shirt a few races ago and, uh, and his son saw him on TV and quickly texted him and said, actually, I think he texted, um, Heather, uh, Townsend's wife and said, Hey, ma, is everything okay at home? A dad's wearing a Merlott shirt. I'm not sure what that means, but it, I've never seen it before. It makes me very uncomfortable. So he's had to kind of embrace, you know, this new look that, uh, that we've all had really inspired by Will Buxton. As you can tell. I gonna say
Speaker 2: It's a good look. I'm jealous.
Speaker 1: I was. Hi, Hazel Speaker 2: . Hi Hazel. We got Hazel over there. We got Hazel over there. We got Evan over there. We got Evan, my family over there. This is great. Well, we got all you guys here, you guys. Thank you so much for coming out. How's your carb day going so far? Yeah, I just saw, I saw one guy just pouring a beer bag. He's like, yeah, carb day's great. It wasn't you, Tim.
Speaker 2: Hang on. You gotta, this girl's have to show your arm. I got signature.
Speaker 1: You realize you're gonna have to cut your arm off now. Right? That's the only solution. So we had someone, someone came up and, uh, you got, you signed a hat. Yeah. Yeah. And we talked about this, right? Yeah. And there was a whole Twitter exchange about having to burn the hat. Yes. I saw her today. Okay. Did she burn the hat? The has been burned. What? ? Yeah. So, um, if
Speaker 2: You burn that arm, Speaker 1: I we're gonna have to, we're gonna have to remove it somehow. No, She said she's gonna get a tattoo. Tattoo
Speaker 1: Tattooed. Ma'am, ma'am, I cannot implore you enough to not get that tattooed on your arm. That's what I said, . At least we're all on the same page. Yeah, we're all the same page. I think it's worth, I think it's worth it. I think you need to, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Joey, how's your carb day going, buddy? Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Man. The kids are asleep like I've been talking about. I'm on their schedule. I just got a shooter thrown to me by those ladies. I'm good. Life's good. Well, life's great. .
Speaker 1: What, where would you rank Carb Day on your list of days? At the 500? Like for the month of May? Uh,
Speaker 2: One B.
Speaker 1: One Speaker 2: BI mean, the race is one A. Yeah. Yeah. And that's one of the reasons we got some cool stuff.
Speaker 2: And that's, uh, we just had a fly over there happening.
Speaker 1: But dude, we've got something coming for, uh, race, race day that has not been announced. I won't get in trouble for even saying this, but there's something so cool that is coming. Who, who's
Speaker 2: We? Fox? The, the 500 itself? Let's,
Speaker 1: Yeah. Everybody the full
Speaker 2: Will you promise not to tell? If he, if he says that you guys, you'd be cool on this. They just say it.
Speaker 1: Say it. Just say everybody. If everybody, I never liked that one anyway. If anybody promises not to tell, just say it. Pinky Pro. Okay. I didn't see Pinky's in the air. Pinky's in the air. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. So what we have is before the race starts, they're gonna .
Speaker 2: Wow. Holy, you're lying. Is
Speaker 1: That legal? Sorry, I didn't see that there. Um, but no, it's, I don't know if it's legal before the race. You're gonna have, we've
Speaker 2: Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobiles go around.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be in a few minutes here, guys. That's unfortunately why I am only here for a little while. I've gotta leave you in their two capable hands because we have to go call the first ever Weenie 500. Um,
Speaker 2: You gotta go talk about wieners on
Speaker 1: Tv. Who's look second time for everything. Jon . Second time for everything. My man. Uh, much different audience that No, look guys, um, it's gonna be fun. Uh, I can give you some stats here because you're not gonna be able to hear us on the broadcast. So I want you to, uh, to know this stuff. Do
Speaker 2: They have different manufacturers?
Speaker 1: Well, no. They're all, they're all manufactured, uh, by the same, the, um, by Oscar Meyer. By Oscar Meyer. The, the, the mobiles themselves. The Wiener Mobiles. They are, uh, 24 hot dogs. High.
Speaker 2: That's Speaker 1: It. Wait, wait, what? 24 hot dogs. High. They are about 60, uh, hot dogs. Long. I don't believe that. Speaker 1: Guess how much they weigh, guys? How many hot dogs do you think they weigh? 1, 4, 8, 8, 8, 4, 400,000. 40,001. Really big Speaker 1: One. 140,500 hot dogs. . That's how much these things weigh. Um, Do they have to go through inspection prior?
Speaker 1: No. , Speaker 2: Too much relish in the back. the relish in the opportunity to race here at the Speedway. Guys, I can promise you that this guy's a pro. Dude. Sun's out, buns out. This race is gonna be lit. Very excited. Oh, you couldn't wait to say that. Oh, come on inspectors.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be all kosher. Speaker 1: . There you go. Um, so yeah, who's, who's excited for the weenie 500? Anybody? Come On.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. When I was first told about this, I'm like, that's a thing. That's something I, okay. I don't know how that's gonna go over. When
Speaker 2: You saw the announcement where you were like, oh man, no way. And then they said, you're gonna actually be calling that the,
Speaker 1: The part that just floored me is like, when it went out on social media and like I posted something about, or whatever, there were a number of replies that I got was through the roof. So clearly you guys are, are super jazzed about seeing weenies drive around. Um,
Speaker 2: Okay. But I wanna be clear, only if they wreck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think that's gonna happen. If
Speaker 2: It's a clean race, I'm gonna be so disappointed.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be nothing Speaker 2: I love more than a charcoal weenies. It's a, it's a, it's a, it's a two laps sprint to the finish and, uh, or, you know, it's a, it's a green white checkered. Okay. And, uh, you know, these things top out at about 60 miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Is it? Yeah. Speaker 1: . That's faster than I would want to go. It's faster Than I thought. They're
Speaker 1: Six seaters. They're like, it's really nice inside. They've got a hot dog dashboard. How
Speaker 2: Much is big meat paying you ?
Speaker 1: Look, we've had the VP of Meat on the show before. That's true. You have to be, you have to have been listening for a very long time to get that reference.
Speaker 2: H do you think, uh, you know, the, the, the, the wiener out , the wi what? The wiener out front. Now. Are they a sitting duck? Like is uh, the number two or number arrow wash?
Speaker 1: What's Yeah. Be able, there's quite a draft I would imagine Uhhuh on a, on a wiener. Okay. Yeah. Alright. It's not super aerodynamic. Yeah. Uh, in their current format. Uhhuh. But it's just the Speedway trim though. They've got the speedway wieners out there. Ah, yeah. Yeah. Not one of those road course wieners got. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, . I think we, uh,
Speaker 1: No offense bud. It's just, it's sunlight. It's who's got Felix Quis, by the way? Alright, pal. All right.
Speaker 2: Hey Felix. Good. Speaker 1: Hey, good day. I got a question for you, pal. We greet you with arms wide open.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't do it, man. Don't do, do that.
Speaker 2: Starting already. What's We can do it here.
Speaker 1: Not for now. For now. True. What's the worst one of those that you've got someone trying to drop, like creed stuff into your thing? Oh, uh, gas wide
Speaker 2: Open. Hey, hey. Hey. What's
Speaker 1: That Speaker 3: Gas Wide open from gas wide open? Uh, how are sir? Nice to meet you, star. Glad to meet you. My
Speaker 3: Track re reflects.
Speaker 2: Throw it on. Throw it on Speaker 1: My track. REITs. Yeah, that's good. That's actually pretty clever. That's pretty good. I didn't realize you. What's up? Whoa. Hey, it's Speaker 3: Loud in here.
Speaker 1: It's like a different universe. You can adjust that if you want. Diesel. It's loud. It's louder than my race car. Oh no, that one maybe. Ah,
Speaker 3: It's fine. Alright, cool. Alright. I don't have
Speaker 2: A little knob, but Speaker 1: That's fine. Push . How are Speaker 1: We? What, what did you say? Objection Phrasing. We were just, we were just talking about this with the board. Warner. Oh, a little no.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Um, guys, carb day. It's over. You're done. That's it. The la the next time you strap into these things, you're going 500 miles.
Speaker 3: Thank God. Speaker 1: How does that ? We're soon there. You're over
Speaker 1: It. I'm so happy you're just ready to go. Oh
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: That's what happens though, right? You get to this point in the month and it's all great and you love it all, but ultimately you're just so anxious and, and excited now to get to the race, it was kind
Speaker 3: Of like my wedding. I was so nervous for months. And then right, like the two days before it, I was just like, dude, let's just get this thing over with. I'm ready. .
Speaker 1: I'm sure you'll love that. Yeah. Let's just get this over with. See, there are not many people that we can say have cooler jobs than us, but I think those Yeah, those pilots might actually have that.
Speaker 2: Hey guys. Round of applause for SiriusXM. They organized that.
Speaker 1: That was for you guys. That was just for this show. That fly over.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Just for us.
Speaker 1: Um, unrelated. You actually do have to pay for that one outta your cut.
Okay. Speaker 2: . Yeah. So
Speaker 1: You are no longer the highest paid member of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Don't have money. So this is great.
Speaker 1: Uh, we will be, we will be docking your pay for a little while. It's been proof. Um, Felix, did
Speaker 2: Patto speak at your wedding?
Speaker 3: He did. Yeah. Speaker 1: Patto
Speaker 2: Did. Oh yeah. Oh, what did
Speaker 1: He say? That must have been a great speech. He
Speaker 3: Didn't prepare, which is not He
Speaker 1: Spoke from home brand. Yeah, that's on brand. That's on
Speaker 3: Brand.
Uh, Speaker 2: . We got, we got one more. We got one more guy full time himself. Elliot o Castes.
Speaker 1: Do we have Speaker 2: We got, we got one right here. We got a headset right here. We got a headset right here. I stole yours. I got a headset. All right. Look at this. Good to see you. Holy smokes. Unbelievable. It's going on. Four time Mr. Four time Mr. Oh my god, that's so loud. Is it loud for everybody else
Speaker 2: Kicking the feet up as you should? How about that? Huh? How about that? Come on. Yeah. How's everybody doing? Yeah. Hell <inaudible>. Now there,
Speaker 1: How are you Speaker 2: Doing?
Speaker 4: This field likes race day, right?
Speaker 1: How about that? I counted how many people are It's incredible.
Speaker 4: You'll tell me you are the guy. Yeah, I
Speaker 1: Counted have four tee 70
Speaker 2: sounds right? 70 sounds
Speaker 1: Right. 40, 70,000,
Speaker 2: 40 to 70 people. I'll
Speaker 4: Take that. I'll take
Speaker 1: That. Give. Okay, so, um, it's the last lap. You're running first. You're running second. You're running third.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no. Hang on. I'm gonna run third. Hang on,
Speaker 1: Hang on. That
Speaker 4: Slap. No
Speaker 1: Way. Does the call come over the radio? Please remind the two drivers in front who writes their paycheck.
Speaker 4: Yes. I would say you wanna renew your contract, right? Think it, think it
Speaker 2: Last.
Speaker 4: You have two laps to, oh, you have two corners to think about it. ,
Speaker 5: As far as I'm concerned, alia's name isn't on the paycheck.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy's name is on the paycheck over here. It's
Speaker 2: That guy. Oh my God.
Speaker 1: Alright, come on. This is the guy. This is a family affair now, right here.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, hey. This Speaker 1: Is a family affair. Okay, before, before we get the boss's headset, the other boss's on you guys, how was, how was your day? How was the car? We'll start with Marcus. How do we feel? Like I said, last laps are done. Next laps count. How's the car? Well, Hang on before I start talking about my car. Okay, I wanna say that if it's the last lap and he's in P three, yeah, I actually feel, or at least P two, and I'm, I'm ahead of him. I feel confident because 50% of the time he forgets, which is the deploy
button Speaker 1: .
Speaker 5: So, Speaker 1: So in that high stress moment, you're hoping that he gets it wrong and he's
Speaker 4: Just, Speaker 1: I'm ready for it. He starts regen and dragging the card. Honestly,
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be surprised if he, if he hits the button and he is like, no, it's hit and hold. It's not a
hit. Speaker 4: . That is a, there is a possibility on that. For sure. For sure. So
Speaker 1: Maurice, just like, I don't wanna get it wrong and holds both down and just whatever happens, happens.
Speaker 2: So, Elio, you were talking about this with James yesterday when we were doing the, the series interviews about the, the mix up on the, the deploys on the left and the, the regions on the right, and sometimes it throws you off just some context for
Speaker 4: Everything. This guy, this, uh, this guy's steering wheel. So obviously they're doing the full season. I'm not, so I gotta pick up one. So last year, I, I copy, uh, basically everything from Felix, the, in terms of, uh, you know, steering wheel position and stuff like that. So this year I'm like, right, I'm gonna do the same way. So, and he, he deployed on the left, which means almost like a push to pass in, in, in the, in the left. And then obviously Aja on the right. Oh man, today got a bush. There was an issue, you know, that happening there. And I'm like, which budget? I'm pushing both . That was a glitch again. It happened, but, uh, but it's, uh, it's a little confus, but, uh, this
Speaker 1: Is the mad panic we're talking about in the last lap is hitting every and all buttons.
Speaker 4: The only thing that's gonna be is gonna be flat out. That's
Speaker 1: For sure. That's all it matters.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna live. Speaker 2: Because for your first 500, it was basically like the Flintstones where you were just running under the car, right? Yeah, It's true. That's true. You actually throw a little bit of, uh, you know, the hawk. Hey, here we
Speaker 5: Go. I have good advice for you. Okay. So the deploy is always the opposite of your upshift hand. All right? So in catastrophe, it's your downshift hand. Go Broom, broom. Good, good.
Speaker 1: Marcus, we talked about this yesterday. That's terrible. You still, how have you not corrected how he says your name?
Speaker 5: Ah, Speaker 1: Helio. He still says Helio. Helio
Speaker 4: Helio. Helio
Speaker 1: H is silent. Helio
Speaker 4: Joe. Some respect. Hello
Speaker 1: Dear boss.
Speaker 4: It's okay. I'll show the reader.
Speaker 1: I told him yesterday, I thought that 'cause he was like, oh, I love winding up Helio. Like, I love kind of, you know, taking jabs at him. And we have this fun little back and forth thing. And he kept referring to him as Helio. And I'm like, is that part of the shtick? Like, is that trying to piss him off? He's young is what? By the way, I didn't know he was saying it wrong. By the
Speaker 4: Way, he's young. 24 years old. I'm not even young looking for chicks. Yeah. Wow. That's the problem. Yes. I thought
Speaker 1: You had it. He
Speaker 4: Is not are Youa Speaker 1: Big Raya guy. Big Raya guy. And so Now Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, hold on. Hold up, hold up, hold up. Hold, hold up. I'm not the only one on Raya sitting on these couches. All right. Oh,
Speaker 1: Really? Hands up. If you're on Raya knew
Speaker 4: A single Elio Speaker 1: Ends up if you're a pariah. Oh, there it is. Breaking news. Breaking news. Now is your, is your, is your profile It's lot of pressure. It's a lot of pressure from this guy. This guy. Not this one.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, yeah. I mean, you got some competition. I know, I
Speaker 4: Know, Speaker 1: I know. Does your profile have Elio, k, Neve or Spiderman? No, Those have, I think it's, I trying to, it's H hc hc. I didn't put the whole name
Speaker 1: HC four. That's, that's,
Speaker 4: Oh, Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah. Yeah. See, I'm gonna change. Look him up on Raya, ladies, gentlemen, if you're interested, you know, it's, uh, whatever. 20,
Speaker 2: 20. Didn't even know that was a thing. Lio. I gotta know though. Yes, you get it done on Sunday. Okay, number five.
Speaker 4: Yes. Speaker 2: From Mr. Shank. And you. Right? What's the celebration? Oh, it's Gotta be all time.
Speaker 2: Not just climbing the fence. He's
Speaker 1: Gonna climb the pagoda. He's gonna go, he's gonna King Kong and all the way to 10th floor,
Speaker 4: He'll go nuts. He will go, because you climbed with him in 21. Nuts, man. Mari star, , uh, you know, maybe we get Creed though, a play or something for us. Oh,
Speaker 1: I like it. Private after party. Private show after party only.
Speaker 4: Only Amiah and, and private .
Speaker 1: It's just gonna be Marcus Elio, whoever they invite for Maria and Creed. Mike, you can go to. But that's it. I breathe it.
Speaker 2: I like to think that Elio, I like to think you have like a really humble, it's
Speaker 5: Pronounced .
Speaker 2: I like to think it's a really humble, like Raya bio, but then the picture is just for baby
Borg Speaker 4: . He was, he was trying to do that. I was like, no man, that's too much. That's too much. He, he's, oh no, you gotta make it nicer. He's
Speaker 5: Such a dad When it comes to Raya. Like, you got, what you're gotta do is you gotta have a, you gotta have a professional photo, you've gotta have a smiley photo, you gotta have a jokey photo. You really gotta show all your assets. Right? , you're got a topless photo too. Have, because he's in shape. He's in shape. He's gotta show it off. So
Speaker 2: Marcus, you don't have any photos with anybody else, right? Just you, you're not doing the friend like Tim did on, on Tinder? No, not doing,
Speaker 1: Tim puts every picture with at least three other people, so you can never quite sure who they're looking at.
Speaker 5: Felix told me that the cool thing to do in his generation is to, to do a blokes shot. So like 10 blokes in a row doing like, see,
Speaker 1: Just don't, yeah. Yeah. I don don't think that works anymore. ? No, he's out. He's out. He is married now. It's fine. He's
Speaker 4: Out. So
Speaker 2: It worked.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, that's true. Yeah. Where did you meet Emil? Uh, 22. Where? New York.
Speaker 4: How, how? Yeah. I love where you go. I love where you going? It
Speaker 2: Was through the grams, Speaker 5: Through
Speaker 1: The gram. The, oh, the dms you made the move. That's like the new dating app. I like the D is really the gram. You
Speaker 2: Made the move, Felix, Speaker 5: You slid in. She actually Technically did it.
Speaker 1: Well done. She slid on you. Yeah. Well done. That's an impressive move. It was a lot of like, it was a lot of liking and unliking before that. That was also back in my day. Oh, I, oh, I can't, I don't, I don't understand that game. That's so
Speaker 2: Un uncom. Joe, you remember we were talking about being old earlier? Uhhuh . Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uhhuh . I've never even
Speaker 2: Heard of Ryan. I thought this was his
Speaker 1: Girlfriend. No clue. No. Ryan's a dating app. For those that don't know this thing, uh, Mike, how's your month been?
Speaker 6: It's been good actually. Yeah. Yeah. We have fast race cars for sure.
Speaker 1: Is it rank this one on, you know, the, the maze that you've done. How stressful has this one been? Just kind of overall?
Speaker 6: It was, it's a, it's been tough. It's been a little tough on the team. We've just had so much work between this program and the sports car program. Right. We've got 110 people working and a lot going on. But these three really know what they're doing. We had a little setback with Marcus last Saturday. He had, he had
Speaker 1: Why? What happened? Little
Speaker 6: Super fast moment. And, uh, he sailed it off. That's not nice. That's
Speaker 1: Not nice. He, that's all we've talked about it. He
Speaker 6: Didn't lift. He went straight in.
Speaker 1: So, good man. Good man. But
Speaker 6: It's been great. Cars are good. We recovered with his, essentially his, uh, Detroit car is now his primary car now. But, uh, both, all, all three of 'em are really quick. I mean, we, we have good race cars. We'll just see how this goes.
Speaker 1: You talk about the sports car program and this program. How many, how many people that have to join the team? You know, I, I know it's not all just on the zero six, however you spread out, the extra personnel come are coming from the sports car program
Speaker 6: There. There's four or five. Okay. But a lot of just subcontractors that we've worked with and bring in for this event, and, uh, everyone helps everybody. When Marcus had his issue on Saturday morning, the whole team made sure that car got back to where it, it could run and be competitive, which was a, a thrash after that. It's been great.
Speaker 2: Marcus, I remember two years ago when I did this show with, with these guys. You were up here as well, and this is before you had done the Oval. Yeah. You were still green on all of that.
Speaker 5: I was still a baby. So Speaker 2: You're still a baby. Yeah. Which you still are a baby on Riot. But now what is the, what is the two years in, uh, how are you, how are you liking, how are you experiencing racing in a place like this? I feel like I've aged 15 years in the past
Speaker 1: Week. You look probably. You look at Yeah, I look at you look at almost as as hell. Yeah. Yeah. Almost as much as Helio. Yeah. Hell
Speaker 5: No. But in all seriousness, it's been a wild ride. Like this o learning ovals for the first time. My first, my first proper oval race was this event last year, but we had an engine failure on Lap four. Yep. So, in theory, my first Oval Race was actually in Iowa and it was, uh, it was a bag of laughs. I loved it. It was
Speaker 1: Like, honestly, Speaker 6: I've not heard that before.
Speaker 2: A bag of, of laughs. Speaker 1: A bag. A bag of laughs. I Gotta work that. That is good. We
Speaker 5: Had a good race actually. Um, and I, uh, I think I finished like eighth or something in my first Oval race. It was fun. And, and then Milwaukee and then all the, you know, all the, all the little oval, short oval stuff. It's been, it's been fun. Good. Um, and then coming back here for the second time, it was going really well up until the, uh, well, you know what happened on Saturday, but I think we've bounced back pretty well. I mean, now we've found some speed in our, in our Detroit wagon and, and there's no reason why I can't be up there. One, two,
Speaker 3: And three with hey, Leo and on Sunday and Felix, man, you're just ripping it around here, man. You, you always put up a good car. Put up a good fight here. How do you feel this year's different? Uh, yeah. It's, it's, I think also it's been a tough one. Uh, it's been more challenging, but it's probably been my best one overall. How so? How more challenging? Uh, just a qualifying man. Like I was, I was so tired after qualifying. I slept like 12 hours the day after. Yeah, yeah. Yeah. It was, uh, I don't know. The window of the car is just so small now and I feel like you just need to be very on top of it. You constantly need to, to, to look after your tools, the, the wind, the weather and, and it, it was just a lot too. Especially when it drags out into the fast 12 and Sure. And fast six. That's pretty, but it, it's, you know, a luxury of, uh, of having a good car and being quick and, uh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, got, oh, sorry. Go ahead. Uh, that
Speaker 6: Lap, he did 2 34. One on the warmup day on side. That is a, that was a freakishly fast lap. That's a big one. I think he'll tell you the car was, was moving. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Floating. If, if nothing else.
Speaker 1: No, no. Easy way to do 2 34. That's for
Speaker 3: Sure. I feel like those runs, it always feels like you're doing eight laps instead of four .
Speaker 1: Alright everybody, let's give a big round of applause to the entire Myers Shank racing crew. Elio Helio, Castro, Neve, who can be found on Raya, Felix Rosenquist, Marcus Armstrong, and of course, the man himself. Mike Shank. We wish them all the best in the Indy 500. Coming up here on Sunday, May 25th live 10:00 AM on Fox. Just gotta throw in all the plugs. Uh, and real quick, we've got an impromptu guest that we're gonna bring up. Ladies and gentlemen. I don't know if you listened to the, uh, live show from last Monday. Uh, we got spoiled by a, an impromptu guest who was the poll sitter, Robert Schwartzman. Today we've outdone ourselves. Even I'm impressed with this. We're gonna bring up the one, the only, the living legend, the 1969 in 500 winner, Mario and Trinity. Oh, and Alex Rossi's also coming.
Speaker 6: Oh, hey man.
Speaker 1: Nice. Alex to show up. Hey, we'll throw a headset on. You there, Mario, take your pick. Either one. Hi. Hi Alex. Happy to be here. Happy to be here. Yeah. You had no reason not to be here. Your debrief would've been nice and short. Honestly. Zero
Speaker 7: Things to Speaker 1: Debrief about. Yeah. How's the car? Wet. Wet. Moving on. Yeah. Okay. Alright. How you doing, man? How's it going, bud? Good.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Sweet. Awesome man.
Speaker 1: How's your, how's your month of May been?
Speaker 8: Oh, well, very uneventful for me. . Yeah.
Speaker 1: They keeping you busy? Good.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, pretty much. Yeah. It's good. All good though. 'cause uh, I was watching all the, what's happening with the team and, uh, everybody was a little more relaxed than usual, so that's a good thing. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Good. So obviously you've seen, you know, a lot of different versions of Andre Auto Sport, um, and Andretti Global now and everything. So how's things been in 2025 and what are you excited about? Yeah,
Speaker 8: Like I said, it seems to be pretty quiet, so we'll see what happens. Uh, obviously I'd like to see him a little further up on the speed charge, but, um, seemed like they feel comfortable with the chassis and so forth, so. Good. Good, good. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Colton Speaker 7: Obviously had a fast car before, before qualifying, so. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I said, uh, I don't know if they would be conservative or what, but, uh, but I, I'm confident that they're,
Speaker 7: So let's get your real opinion on something. Do we like Joey's jacket or is it,
Speaker 1: I love it. What do you think, Mario? You think Mario Turn, turn around. Give him the whole spin. Let him see what's on the back.
Speaker 7: Mario's a fashion guy. Speaker 2: Keep in mind, if you make fun of it, it will devastate him. So let's do it.
Speaker 8: Are you guys trying to sell that thing?
Speaker 1: No. ? No. No. He, he bought this, he paid full, full
Speaker 7: MSRP for Speaker 2: That soccer. No, they sent it to me. Oh, did
that Speaker 1: . Wow.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Mr. Andretti?
Speaker 8: Oh, I'd love to have one.
Speaker 1: There you go. I'd love to have one. We're gonna get him one. Oh no. The man is stripping off off the jacket. Mario, that is is for you. Incredible shirt off his own bag. Incredible. That's amazing. Oh, now it's worth even more. Now you can't wear, I can't ever wear. You can't wear it. I know you request it, man. That's incredible. I always gonna recommend cleaning it. You've got, you've got the goat here, you've got Alex Rossi here. Unfortunately, that means I've gotta run and talk weenies. So guys, thank you so much for coming out. I'll leave in very capable hands just very quickly. Yes. What is your favorite weenie? What what are the, I don't even know what the options are. Any a Johnsonville brought from Road America? Is that Oh wow. All right. Love you guys
Speaker 2: For the crowd playing with the crowd.
Speaker 1: Yes. Oh, you, Speaker 8: Who are you sucking up to? Anyway, you want A bit faster up there, .
Speaker 2: Love you buddy. See ya, man. Mr. Andretti, this is so crazy, such an honor to be talking to you.
Speaker 8: It's the first first time I've been called Mr. Andretti today.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm, I am not gonna tell you anything other than that. But, uh, I got a 2-year-old son and he falls asleep every night. He's got the Mario Andretti car from the movie cars and he falls asleep with it, so he's gonna be blown away. And I'm talking to the real Mario Andretti right here. But yeah, you, you, I mean, obviously a legend of this place. I mean, what does coming back here every may mean to you and to what does Indianapolis mean to you, just as a whole?
Speaker 8: Well, I think everyone in this business is saying the same thing. That, uh, every year you are looking forward to something new. Something because you know, there's excitement here. Yeah. Yeah. You know how much it means career wise, especially, you know, you when you're driving this can change your, actually, your life, your career. Yeah. And, um, and again, I don't know if there's another event that can do that for you. So, uh, it's that important then see all the, you know, the interest in the fans that you have, uh, you know, from everywhere. So yeah. It's got, uh, everything that you could hope for actually right here.
Speaker 2: Totally. Speaker 7: I don't know if I ever told you this story. So 2016, right? We were having breakfast on Fast Friday. What happened? Uh, nothing. And, um, We were having breakfast in the hospitality and you were like, oh, are you excited about the boost going up? And I was like, no, no, I'm not excited at all. And, uh, you know, I, I didn't know what to expect and I didn't really have an understanding of what it was gonna be like. And you were like, don't worry about it. When you go 10 miles an hour faster, that's that much more down force that you have. 'cause you're going through the air quicker. And that made a lot of sense. And ever since then, I rely on his words of wisdom. He just put you at ease and it worked out. Yeah. I mean, if you're gonna listen to anyone, it's Mario, Mr. Andre. Sorry. Speaker 8: Yeah. Well that's the thing though. You're right. I mean it's uh, it's uh, speed is down force. Exactly. Obviously because of the ground effect Yes. And all that. So
Speaker 7: That's why we need trim more.
Speaker 8: You can trim more when you are going faster. Yeah. You know, so, you know, don't tell anybody.
Speaker 7: I know. I know. So what does it mean for you? So Marco, he's celebrating his 20th Indy 500 this, uh, this weekend, which is amazing. Shout out Marco
Speaker 2: And Hey, Speaker 7: Big friend of the show. And obviously Tim James and I. So Yeah, of course. I mean, amazing for obviously your son, but now your grandson. Two decades of Indy, five hundreds. What's that mean?
Speaker 8: Well, you know what, it's our blood in the race, you know, it's, uh, can't get any better than that. Yeah. So gives me just that extra reason to come here and enjoy it. And much thing I am being, for being in the cockpit. Yep. Obviously, because I'll never really lose that. Uh, you know, that desire,
Speaker 7: That edge. Yeah. If
Speaker 8: You will. I don't know if I have an edge, but,
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Speaker 8: The desire. Yeah. You know, so I love it so much and, uh, this is my rodeo and, uh, to have family in it can get any better than that.
Speaker 7: Amazing. Speaker 2: I gotta know your man abouts town. The Andrettis Love downtown Indie Capital Grill Prime 47 or St. Elmo. Where are you going?
Speaker 8: Whichever one is cheaper
Speaker 2: for you? It should be free. It should be free. So you should be good anyway.
Speaker 7: Where's, where's Joey going? Speaker 2: Whichever one is cheaper. I'm, I'm going wherever I could damn by with Alex, but that ain't ever happen, so No, I guess I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 8: You know, we go wherever they have specials on prices, you know,
Speaker 2: You go Uhhuh, , Uhhuh . Yeah. Do you have to like, do you sit there and decide, okay, well this one has a stake named after me, but this one has a stake named after me. That's better Uhhuh or it's . Do you have to decide between the places or do you get the steaks named after you when you go to these places?
Speaker 8: I just look at the price.
Speaker 7: Okay. just out here bargain hunts. Yeah. Yeah. He's efficient. Wherever has a group ongoing, you know,
Speaker 2: Cracker Barrel probably has some good
Speaker 7: Options. Tell you what Alex can help. Yeah. Three
Speaker 8: For one type of thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Speaker 2: You ever been a Cracker Barrel? Mario ? No.
Speaker 8: No, but Speaker 7: I'll take you a Cracker Barrel Barrel that, that's on my bucket list.
Speaker 7: It should be. I think we can make that happen. Yeah, I know a guy
Speaker 2: Happen. I know a guy. I think you can order a bucket there. I
Speaker 7: Think , they have a lot of those. Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: Um, Mario, what would you, uh, you know, when Marco 20 race, like Alex said, but started a little bit towards the back, you know, what would be your biggest piece of advice for him in terms of moving through the field on Sunday?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't think you need any needs. He's got
Speaker 7: The experience. Experience. Yeah.
Speaker 8: He is been here long enough and, uh, obviously you gotta read everything, what you have under you, where the capability is. Uh, so far they've been quite conservative with the power because, uh, it is a one-off driver. He gets one engine to do all of it, so they wanna make sure that they don't waste anything so you can go strong in the race. And, uh, and the important thing is that he's happy with the chassis. So now if he can look forward to, you know, some more power throughout the race, you know, for the race, that's gonna work for him quite well. What's
Speaker 2: Been like being a great grandfather?
Speaker 8: Uh, it's, it's a joy.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Do you have a favorite yet? . , thanks a lot. . What we looking at ATM or right
Speaker 8: Here? No, no. I mean, Marissa, you know. Yeah,
Speaker 7: Right. Both of them. Yeah. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Speaker 7: It's pretty amazing. Yeah. So I, we, we have a, I'm a business nono of I
Speaker 7: Know Speaker 8: Of, uh, one of, Of two and a girl. Both. And a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think we all, uh, real quick, Alex, uh, just, he's a dad now.
Speaker 7: I am. Thanks, man. Speaker 2: Which is awesome. This is Dad's club up here. Thank god James is out here. Yeah. James Guy
Speaker 2: To get out. Uh, we got three fathers. We got father,
Speaker 8: Now you gotta bake the bread. You know what Oh yeah, when I, yeah. Yeah. I, I think, I
Speaker 7: Think Kelly did that already.
Speaker 8: No, I mean, you know what I had, I had a family that was very young and uh, you know what? I had to go out and make the bread.
Speaker 7: Oh, make the bread. I think you said bake the bread. Yeah. Well bake the bread. You gotta be, yeah, I tell you what. Yeah. You
Speaker 8: Gotta be, Speaker 2: He's got a chance on
Speaker 7: Sunday.
Speaker 8: You have. Yeah. Yeah. I mean, you have a lot more responsibility.
Speaker 7: Yes, Speaker 8: Sir. So don't let the kids down. I understand that. Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you, if you got a quick moment, I'll tell you the story. Yes, please. About, you know, when Marco was about, uh, six years of age in school, uh, teacher was asking all the kids, what does your dad do for a living? And so Marco told the teachers that my dad goes, uh, to the airport and makes bread. And
so Speaker 7: .
Speaker 8: So I knew the teacher. And then, you know, that, I don't know, some weeks later, you know, I, I came across and, and the gentleman says, uh, you know, what did Malcolm mean when he said that you go to the airport and make the bread? Yeah. So what was happening is, Marco, I was always, you know, always going Yes. Always had a briefcase, a suitcase my hand and, and leaving. He says, but dad, where are you going now? I said, I'm going to the airport. I gotta make the bread.
Speaker 7: So Speaker 8: I mean, Michael, yeah. I gotta go up and make the bread. He Took it. Literally,
Speaker 8: They took Speaker 7: It. All right. Well, I thought I was baking bread.
Speaker 7: Oh dude, I can to make him bake some bread, man. Uhhuh.
Speaker 2: And then he'll break the bread.
Speaker 7: That's what I thought he said. Yes. Break the bread.
Speaker 2: Ate. Well, we know, we know you,
Speaker 8: You make the bread, Speaker 7: Man. Yes, sir. I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know your time's limited. You gotta go make some bread. But thank you for joining us Mario Andretti. Come on. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? All right, everybody, keep it going. One more time. From Mario Andretti the Goat. All right. We, we, now, if you guys were here last year, you know, we had an amazing conversation with this guy. We, we had to bring him back. Our, our favorite non Colts football player, uh, Dion Dawkins is here. Dion
Speaker 7: Dawkins, come on. Buffalo Bells. Hey.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, hang on. He is got,
Speaker 7: He's got Speaker 2: The Mario Andretti photo. I mean, you just did that, which you took that really quick, so I gotta make sure this is good. No, it's great. It's great. All right. It's great. Dion, you wanna come on up? . All right. It was again, Dion duck. Everybody good to see you. Oh, let's go. Hey, hey. Take a seat. Come on. I don't know. I was not here last year, obviously. Um, well, you come every year. Is this your thing every year? Hell yeah, man. I love that. He, he is an Indy car fan. Well, thanks for being here. We appreciate you. Heck yeah, man. Yeah, right on.
Speaker 9: I like cars, bro. Anything with cars? Okay,
Speaker 7: I'm in, bro. So what are you driving right now?
Speaker 9: Uh, it depends on which sport, you know, like, uh, I have a drifting team, like I drift. Nice. Um, I actually make my owners allow me to drift. Okay. And, uh, I drift. I have a E 46 with a LS swap engine. Okay. But my daily, I drive a Escalade V and I have a, uh, S 63. Yes. Mercedes.
Speaker 7: So, quick question on the drifting thing. Yeah. Are we, are we for or against what, uh, Jim Kana did, um, to drifting, if you will? I mean, that was obviously an entertainment video. Yeah. That incorporated drifting, but it wasn't actually drifting.
Speaker 9: It, it wasn't really drifting, but it brought more eyes to it for sure. It brought more eyes to the sport. And anytime that you can bring more eyes to a sport that, you know, doesn't have the attention that it should. Yes. I'm for it. All right. I'm
Speaker 7: For it. Yep. All media is good media.
Speaker 9: All media is, Speaker 7: Well, yeah, actually, I mean, not to say the obvious, but there's been a lot of media this, this week. Ah, and it hasn't been necessarily great. And a people are paying attention. So I think we're gonna, we're we're just on a rocket ship of, of ratings right now. What? You talking like Brady coming? Is that what you Yeah, basically me and you on the golf course. That was that thing. Yeah. Okay. Yeah. That's good. Hey, have you met Hailey Steinfeld? Yes. Yeah, for sure. Is Speaker 7: She cool? Hailey's super, super super
Speaker 7: . Is she nice? Yeah. She she smell good? No,
Speaker 9: She You're funny bro. Watch out now. Boy. That's my quarterback's lady.
Speaker 7: Hey. No, you in the we're we're never gonna come near I,
Speaker 9: I'll get you. Nah. Um, yeah, she's super cool. You would never think that she's as like, you know, like that height of what she is
Speaker 7: In terms of physically she's tall, like,
Speaker 9: As in like person, like, like she's a superstar.
Speaker 7: Oh, oh, oh, Speaker 9: Oh. Like, she's a superstar and she's so humble and she's so cool. I think that, you know, she's, she's just dope bro. And she like, she's super dope. Like, I wasn't like really big on like what she's been in. Sure. Like, I didn't know. And then it was just like, yeah, that's Hailey. I'm like, Hailey. All right, cool. And then I, and then you look at what she's did and it's like, yo, this girl is super dope, man. So walk us through, walk us through your year last year. Um, obviously a a a great run again for the team. Yeah. Um, you know, in, in so many terms, you know, a favorite to, to, to, to go all the way. Um, I, I presume obviously a little bit disappointed with how it ended up. Oh,
Speaker 9: Who likes Speaker 7: Losing what? Exactly. So, but what was the takeaways in general from, from the year? Uh, the takeaways is it's hard to win in the NFL. Yeah. It's extremely hard. Every team is good. Every team has a chance. Um, the, the looking at how the world looks at the NFL, they look at wins and losses and they look at games matched up by wins and losses. Like if we play a team that is oh, or one in 11, like they're expecting us to just go out there and just beat them to Sure. To crumbles. But realistically, every team has an option. Has an opportunity to win every Sunday. Yeah. And, uh, it's hard, but, you know, the takeaways is really just you, you have to keep your mind sharp. You have to keep your body sharp and you have to keep going with it, with the confident, um, mindset. 'cause you know, it's a long season.
Speaker 7: So this is a question I've always been so curious about is, and I'm sure it's not right, but the preparation, going into a game against, let's say an undefeated team versus a team that's one in nine, right? You're going through the same process. Yeah. But do you have to consciously make an effort to keep everyone still a hundred percent focused? 'cause it, it's not gonna come easy.
Speaker 9: A hundred percent because like, you know, every year you have young players, you have new players, you have, you have players
that Speaker 7: ,
Speaker 9: Uh, you have brand new teammates every year. So like, I've been with the bills for nine years. Like, so Josh has been there for eight. So like the older guys, we kind of know how to respect the game. And then you have young guys that like, might go in and think exactly that. Like, oh, like this is like just gonna be a walk. Right. But it's not that. But it is hard. It is definitely hard because when you're winning and you're winning and you're winning, it kind of just seems like it's just gonna happen. Yeah. But realistically it's not. And that's where you have to be a pro and you have to dive back into you like, you know, the, the, the fundamentals. 'cause you can get away from the fundamentals of the game because of the wins. But when you're a true pro, you know, you help the young guys understand that it's the fundamentals and the small things that take you that
Speaker 2: Distance. I gotta tell an awesome story about Dion. So I had a show in Buffalo, a standup show in Buffalo a year ago. I go through the Buffalo Bills facility, they bring me in. I see Dion in the cafeteria where they introduced me, Hey man, yeah. You got a show here tonight? Yeah, I got a show. It's at this place. He's like, oh, I might come through. I'm like, Dion Dawkins has never come through to my show, but I appreciate it. Right. All of a sudden I end the show. Everybody's like, Dion Dawkins is out there, my show in Buffalo. So Dion Dawkins, true to his word, came out to see me perform out in Buffalo. That's just the kind of dude, bro. Yeah, bro. Was he fun? Yeah,
Speaker 9: It was pretty funny, man. Cool, cool.
Speaker 2: That's some stuff I love that I gotta run. Um, listen, thanks for being here. Appreciate you sir. Thanks for coming. Yes, sir. Love you. Alright. See you brother. Alexander Ross. See right there. Driver of the 20 car baby. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. He's gotta it go. All right. Um, so, so Dion, you, you know, you've been, like we said, you were here last year with us. You've been in, in coming to the 500 for a long time. Now you've gotten into drifting like that doesn't seem like a normal route for people that are in professional football. So how did this, how did this come about?
Speaker 9: This indie? Speaker 2: Yeah, Daniel, um, my guy, Dan, Speaker 2: Dan Whale who's, yeah. Who's around here somewhere. Daniel Man. Yeah. Daniel Whale. He's, he's over there with his family. He's a big Bills fan. Yeah. And he sent me a box of gear and stuff when he was with Andretti and he sent a bunch of gear and I had a big box in my locker after practice in one day. And I opened it up and it was just a bunch of cool stuff. And I was like, yo, this is cool. I'm not really used to this world. I put the hat on, started rocking the hat every day for media and stuff like that. And, and it was cool. And then, uh, he was like, I want you to, to come down. I came down, I experienced this one time and I was like, bro, this is one of the dopest things. This, this becomes one of the most populated places in America for this time. And I'm like, bro, I want to add to that population.
Speaker 2: Let's go, man. I love that. Yeah, absolutely. You
Speaker 10: Know? Absolutely. Yeah. Oh, cheese fan. Look, we got a cheese fan. Oh, . And look at it being so polite. Hey, hey. But you lucky I got these headphones on. I'll jump over this gate, man. . Actually,
Speaker 2: Actually that would Speaker 10: Be great. People would be real brave out here. I'm telling you. Yeah, that would Be great for our numbers if you wanted to do that. Yeah. , that's for sure. Fire with me. I'm sure. Serious with it. Yeah. Yeah. Bring more eyeballs, stuff. No
Speaker 9: Protection, brother. No protection.
Speaker 2: So how does this, how does this compare though? I mean, like, what do you, I mean, you've been I'm sure to everything now. Mm-hmm . I think you were at the Derby a few years ago. Yes. Yep. Uh, I'm sure you've been to the Super Bowl. We want you playing in the Super Bowl for sure. But you, you know, I'm sure you've been there. Yep. You're at the 500. You know what, what's different about it compared to those and how's it compare?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna tell you the truth, bro. You can't compare this to anything else. This is, this is, this is a unique feeling. This is a unique thing. Uh, flying in here, landing here, listening to the people on the plane. Like, I was on a plane this, this morning at 5 45. And everybody, not everybody, but the majority of the people on the plane were talking, right? Like, they're not sleeping. They're excited about the race getting here. They're excited about race week. Everybody's just excited about getting here. Um, this is just a different feeling, bro. Like, you have all different types of people, all different types of hues, all different types of people coming from different parts of the world to come here and, and just feel the, the engines smell that like smell that tire smell. Yeah. Yeah. Really to be in the pit. Yeah. Eat some food and just come around and just, people watch bro. Like, I think that is it's pretty dope. It
Speaker 2: Pretty dope. I'm so glad you said that. The smell. Oh yeah. It's such an underrated
Speaker 9: Park. It's that smell, bro.
Speaker 2: You get in there and you, you only know it when you smell it, man. Yeah. It only happens at a place like this. And
Speaker 9: You gotta come to smell it. You gotta come or like, look, and not to separate it, but the drifting smell of the burnt tires is similar to the smell out there. It, it's, it's that burnt tire smell that really gets you and the noise of the
Speaker 2: You outta Speaker 9: There, you know? That's cool. Have You ever done a pit stop? I I, I feel like they, somebody would put you on a pit stop, like a pit crew. Have you done
Speaker 9: That? I have been down there. I have never touched anything, but I have been down there for a pit change. Yes.
Speaker 2: He would be Tim, he would be a, a baller at like tossing the tires. Yeah. You know what I mean? Or run that gas there. Or if the jack broke the car, just lift up himself. All the guy right here. All
Speaker 9: The heavy stuff. Right. Like all the big boys do. The big boy stuff. The gas, the, the jack and what, like the tires? Yep. Or the tires are like a medium guy. 'cause they have to run,
Speaker 2: Run, run faster, run around. But
Speaker 9: The big dudes with the gas and they bring that thing over, they just, and then they just get up outta there. That's cool. . That's
Speaker 2: Cool. Do that for sure. I'm here to help. What? Uh, alright, so Sunday. Yeah. Who do we like, what's Dion Dawkins pick who we liking in the race?
Speaker 9: Man, look, I'm here as a guest of, of, uh, of the RLL family. And uh, I'm going with it to, uh, on Sunday because I'm their guest. That's what I'm rooting
Speaker 2: For. Going with Sodo. Yeah, of course. Kudo on Sunday for sure. Starting from number two for sure. All right. And be who's third? That gonna be his third every time that he started up. Right. Tim? Every time that he started up this close to the front, he's won for sure. Yeah. Uh, every time he started in the top five, he's ended up winning the, winning the 500. Now he has had some problems today during, in practice, so you don't know what exactly that is, but Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: But that's a part of the story though. It's never, I, it's like, like to be perfect, like
Speaker 2: When they Well this, this track picks the winners. Yeah. Right. For sure. And this, the, the, the racing this weekend is gonna be incredible with the colder weather and Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: It's, everybody's gonna be calm, not overly burning up into cars. 'cause that's a big, that like, that's a big like part of it
Speaker 2: Too. Yeah. And tires too. Yeah. You were you a big fast and furious fan growing up? Course. How'd you get? Of course. Yeah. Is that, how well is that how like the, the birth of the drifting, the everything and you
Speaker 9: Yeah, bro. I mean like that, but that drifting road is cool. Come on. Yeah. But go Bills man. Look, real
Speaker 2: Bills fans. Oh, we got some Bills fans over here. We're right there. Oh yeah. Come on man.
Speaker 9: Uh, yeah, but definitely, uh, y'all like the fashion
Speaker 2: Fierce, that Speaker 9: Was it. Yeah, the Fast and Furious is definitely like the entry. Like you watch the movie, you see the cars, you like the colors, you like the sounds and then you're like, cool, is this for me or is it not? Yeah. And then you get the different versions of it. Now you got flying cars, you got flying airplanes with cars and who knows. Do you like the recent ones? Are they a little too, like, eh, this is kind of fake, crazy.
Speaker 9: I'm a fan, I'm a fan of the series, so I understand that with technology, they're gonna definitely push that limit. So I can't be mad at it. But, you know, driving is driving, flying cars is flying cars, , so Yeah. You know, I'm, I'm a fan of the driving.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. Speaker 9: The driving. Well, There's no better place to be than here for the driving for
Speaker 9: Sure. There you go.
Speaker 2: So where are you, where are you set up to watch from?
Speaker 9: Uh, our suite is this way.
Speaker 2: Oh, are you in the tower Terrace? We are, yes. Okay. We
Speaker 9: Are up here. And you know
Speaker 2: What's gonna be your, what's gonna be your pre-race routine? What you got on Sunday morning? Do you have anything going down to the Nah, down, down to the pits? You go on the gasoline alley? Yes.
Speaker 9: We uh, I guess it is a part of a, yeah, so, uh, I come down, I go in the pits. We stand over by the, the uh, team. We just watch. We just feel it. We actually go, I don't kiss the bricks. I don't kiss the bricks. Super.
Speaker 2: Oh, you didn't win yet? Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah. But you know, no obviously, but like, I don't go like, 'cause a lot like people like line up and literally kiss the bricks. Yeah. I don't kiss the bricks. I watch the people kiss the Brick. Does it gross you out? Too many germs? Too many lips. I mean,
Speaker 9: No. Gross me out of just not kissing bricks. Alright. You know, if it's not kissing bricks
Speaker 2: Yet, don't wanna kiss bricks Speaker 9: Percent. I thought it was like a respect thing. I think you're like, well I can't do that. I didn't win, you know. But no, I get, because like, that's also a weird thing to do. It's, it's weird like kissing the brick. I've never kissed the bricks. It's really, it's
Speaker 9: Cool, but it's weird. I didn't win. It's just not for show.
Speaker 2: It's not for me. Who's kissed the bricks? Does anybody else kissed the bricks down here? Look, look. Brick kisser, brick kissed. The bricker brick. Brick kisser.
Speaker 9: Come on, man. No, she's done it multiple times. She was like, yeah, I've done it a couple times.
Speaker 2: You'll, you'll see the people. And, and we were just talking about this, I think it was, uh, Felix Rosenquist when Hint was interviewing yesterday, won't even step on 'em. Okay. He, they will, he will step over the bricks just to make sure. 'cause it's like a, no, I think it was, it was Scott McLaughlin respecting he will step over the bricks until he wins it.
Speaker 9: A respecting Yeah. Speaker 2: As a driver. Absolutely. Right. Yeah. I ain't ever getting one of those cars. Right. So I'll kiss the bricks. You know, I did the, I did the half marathon around here a few weeks ago, and people were like stopping mid run. Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. I decided stuff. If I stop, I'm not starting right. I'll pass out on the bridge. Yeah. . Um, alright, so Dion. Alright, so back to a little bit of football talk. Get, go away from racing here. What, you're in the a FC championship, the Buffalo bills have been on the doorstep. You got Josh Allen, the MVP got Haley Steinfeld in your and, and your cupboard now. Yeah. What's the, what do the Buffalo Bills need to do, bro? To get over the top? Man, They asked this question all of the time, you know, and I'm gonna relate it to, to racing. We have to just be in the race, bro. As long as we're in the race, we have a chance to
Speaker 2: Be there at the a t championship.
Speaker 9: We just have to continue to have the opportunity to play. You know, just keep giving us the opportunity to get there. Let all the calls be what they are. Everything. We just want everything just to be right. As long as we have a chance, we have a chance. At the end of the day, there's one winner, right? Yeah. There is 31 losers Yeah. As units every year. I respect it. I'm thankful for the positions that we've been in. Sooner or later we will cross that line. We have Josh Allen, they got me, they have these guys. We have Khalil, we have like, we had V Thanks Cook. Like we got Cook. Like we got good guys. That, that's, that's in our future, right? Yeah. It's in our future. Whether it happens two years previous or two years, like behind whatever, or in front of us, it's gonna happen. And, uh, I'm just thankful to be in a position to keep swinging at it. That's all we need. Keep
Speaker 2: Swinging. Which fan base is crazy. Are Bills mafia or the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Speaker 9: Fan? I'm biased, but Bills mafia. Bill
Speaker 2: Mafia. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Bills mafia. We don't look, but the fan base here is cool, but there's so many different fan bases, right? Look,
Speaker 2: I haven't seen anybody Speaker 9: Jump on a Table here. Show, come on here. We got another cheap fan
Speaker 9: Here. We
Speaker 2: Got bills, we got the, Speaker 9: The Mafia is in Indy. There we go. The mafia is in Indy. We don't have too many. Yeah. It's not a thing, Tim, for Indy 500 fans to jump through tables now. We're just redneck. Maybe in the co lot you might find some interesting things out there. Right, right.
Speaker 9: We got real fans though.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, good luck, uh, good luck in this season. Good luck to the Ray Hall guys. Dion, thanks for sir, bro, appreciate Dion Kins, Buffalo Bills. Give him a hair on applause for being here, man. Yeah. All right guys, stick around because we're very excited about it. We're about to bring up right now. Uh, as much as, uh, Alex Rossi is very upset that he's not here. Uh, are we good to bring him up, bro? Ladies and gentlemen, from the band Creed, Scott Phillips and Mark Tramonti. Hey. Hey. Hey. Here we go. They're back there somewhere. Maybe. I don't know. Well, we introduced, that's all you can do. Tim coming. Good. Yep. Time . All right. There. They're, Hey, how are you Jo? I'm Joey. Hey. Hey, man. Joey. Hey. Good to see you, man. Come on in. All right, there. They're, start us off. We got here. So we got, we, we, we had to mention, it's, it's become a thing on this podcast. We're not the usual host, , Alex is, is racing. Oh, they got some to do, do, uh, pit stop challenges, things like that. He's a massive fan of you guys. Like, we've gone to multiple concerts whenever you guys are out here, and it is killing him. That, that one, he's not here to visit you with you guys on this, but also that you're here visiting another driver. So that's the last time we're gonna mention Alex and talk about Got it. How this game. Got it, got it, got it. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Perfect. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah. Yeah. I mean, okay. So you guys just got in. Is this your first time at the Indy 500? It
Speaker 11: Is. It is. We just landed about an hour ago. ,
Speaker 2: What are the, uh, Speaker 12: Go ahead. I was gonna say, I did the, I get to play the golf course once, like 20 years ago. Okay. So I gotta see the track, but I, yeah, it was the first time actually being, the first Time seeing the cars. So you guys probably just missed the cars
Speaker 12: Going around. Yes, we did. Yes, we did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. What are the, uh, initial takeaways from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway here? What do you
Speaker 12: Think? Lot of people man. Yeah. Ton of people. It's massive.
Speaker 11: It's a big place. A lot to take in.
Speaker 2: Oh, man. Yeah. Do you know where you're gonna be watching from, uh, watching from Sunday? No clue.
Speaker 12: No, Speaker 11: I think they're, I think we're gonna be right above Felix's Road crew.
Speaker 2: Okay. There we go. Right there. Hell yeah. Hell yeah. Hell yeah. Yeah. That should be a good spot. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And as you should, your name's on the, on the car. . . Yeah. Yeah. So go ahead. Um, alright, so you guys, I mean, you guys have been around for what feels like forever. For as long as I've been listening to music, you know, we've been, we've been listening to your music and loving it. You guys have had like a resurgence come, came back together. You're, you're doing this stuff. What, what's that been like? How did it, how did it come back together and how did this, the new tours start and things like that?
Speaker 11: It all began, I think I called, uh, Scott and we, we had done a rock cruise. Yeah. And, um, I told Scott I think it would be a great thing for us to do, and it, it did so well. We're like, you know, let's schedule a tour. And it's just kept on going, you know? Now we're, now we're on our second year of touring.
Speaker 2: You guys did, I, I, I got the notes. You did that back in 2024, right? The yacht, the, yep. Yeah. Cruise.
Speaker 12: Mm-hmm. The, the, yeah. We did two in 2024. We just did, uh, the 20 25 1 about a month ago. Okay. So it's, it's an ongoing thing that we're gonna, we're gonna keep cruising for a
Speaker 2: While. Was there, like, did you have to shake off some of the dust come coming back? Or was it, you guys just always been
Speaker 12: It's like riding a bike. Okay. . It's like bike
Speaker 2: Just in front of, you know, tens of thousands of people.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah. It's a little different than rehearsing in your, you know, your basement or whatever, but,
Speaker 2: Well, that's something I'm curious about is that, you know, creed, any band, a lot of people talk about, you know, the, the front man Right. And everything, but then behind the scenes, kind of the guys running the engine, right? We got the Indy cars out there running the engine. Um, you know what, what, what is that experience like for you? How does that all come together for, for y'all?
Speaker 12: It's been amazing. I mean, mark and myself and Brian are bass player, have, have been playing together for a long time. Um, we've on and off with Scott through the years, and now we're, we're back in a really, really good spot. Um, everybody's in a great head space. Uh, we're playing, I think, better than we ever have. Um, and as far as, you know, everybody has their role and we're comfortable in that role. And, um, again, you've got, you got a driver, you got a pit crew, you got a manager, you got, you know, all that kind of stuff. It, it's a, it's definitely a team effort to, to put it all together. And, and you said you're make a show like that on the road.
Speaker 2: You said you're playing better than you feel like you ever have. How can you, how can you tell, what's the telling sign that you feel like you are, are are doing that?
Speaker 12: I think being comfortable. I think not, you know, not having done it for a while and then going back out and doing it and not being nervous or being, you know, the worried about the, what the outcome's gonna be, but just having confidence in yourself and, and going out and just doing the best of your ability.
Speaker 2: Can you guys hear it after a long period of time of, you know, and then all of a sudden you're back together and you're playing, you could feel like, Hey, we're, we're really doing this. Yeah. We're sounding good. You can, yeah. Yeah. Okay. Nice. It's like a car. Yeah. . Yeah. Like these guys that are just like, Hey man, our car feels good. And they can feel it there. Yeah. I can't understand it. 'cause I'm not in a band and I'm not a race car driver, but No, I take your word for it.
Speaker 12: There you go. Yeah. Speaker 2: So, has, has the band taken on new meaning in the, in 20 years? I mean, is it,
Speaker 11: Yeah. You know, when we first started, you know, we were getting songs on the radio and you'd see your friends getting excited about it. Now we go to see concerts, or we play concerts and we see grown men and women crying at the show, .
Speaker 13: So it's, it's
Speaker 11: Cool to see that these songs have survived for decades and become these, you know, when we play one last breath, people lose their minds. And it's,
Speaker 2: It's, uh, yeah. I, I did at your
concert, Speaker 13: , it's been great.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Speaker 11: And you, you see, you see generations of people now. You see the fathers, sons, mothers and daughters all coming out. You have these great parents teaching their kids to listen to the music. So now we have another generation of fans.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Tim had a fan out here earlier who had, uh, him sign her arm and she's gonna get tattooed on her. Yes. I'm sure that probably happens a lot for you guys. It,
Speaker 12: It has happened. Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Happened. Is there anything wilder that's happened, uh, request wise from fans?
Speaker 11: I'm actually giving the tattoos now.
Speaker 2: You do? Now? Okay. Speaker 13: Yeah. Yeah. So you're signing and then doing the tattoo?
Speaker 11: I'm an official tattoo artist now. I got my license and I give tattoos, uh, for charity.
Speaker 2: Oh, amazing Speaker 12: Man. Awesome. I would, I would have everybody just look at his portfolio before you sign up to get anything from him. Joey and I have a lot of questionable tattoos, I feel like between the two of us. Yeah. I got the jacket on.
Speaker 11: I can handle questionable anytime, Speaker 12: .
Speaker 2: That's awesome, man. That's awesome. So are you guys, um, do you have, how much have you followed Indy car? Do you follow any car at all? You follow Indy 500 at all?
Speaker 12: I've always watched a 500 every year. I can't say that I've been a, a true indie fan. Sure. But obviously with a lot of what has gone on over the last week and the last month or so, since it's got announced, we've, we've definitely been paying attention. Yeah. Watching qualifying and, uh, it's, uh, it's, it's a production. It is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Felix is looking good in the Creed
Speaker 12: Cards. He Right.
Speaker 11: He Speaker 2: Is. Have you guys gotten a chance to, I'm sure you have, but chat with him or
Speaker 12: Not yet? We were, like, mark said, we literally just got here about 20 minutes ago, so I think the, we might have missed the opportunity to do it today, but if not tomorrow, definitely on Sunday, we'll get a chance to.
Speaker 2: So there's, to shake some hands, there's a ton that goes into the 500. Right. They've been practicing the fly over today. There's all the pump and circumstance tomorrow. Just the, the traffic egress getting 450,000 people here. Yeah. But there's a ton that goes into any live show. And with your guys'. So just outta curiosity, maybe a little inside baseball, do you have anything, do you have any of the crazy riders? Do you have like the, like the, make sure it's Blue M and mss because they got that right. The pyrotechnics are right. You know,
Speaker 11: And that, that whole story about the blue m and ms, what, it's, it's not because they want blue m ms. No, it's, they wanna make sure that if they didn't find, read that, that everything else would go wrong. Yeah. And they wouldn't have the right lighting truss or the, you know, ah, so they wanna make sure people are paying attention.
Speaker 2: So, but you guys don't have, you guys don't have anything hidden
Speaker 12: There? No, nothing. Nothing crazy. Nothing
Speaker 2: Crazy. I, I guess we didn't have to have any glue s ready for you guys, so, no. I should have known
Speaker 12: Tomorrow. You will, but not today.
Speaker 2: There's, sorry, there's Wiener Mobiles
Speaker 12: Racing. Yeah. I just, I just saw him go by pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: We were, we were talking about though, you said how you could hear that. You guys sound good. You sound better. Can, how does that kind of musical chemistry come together for you guys? And it's evolved over time that you guys have been playing together for so
Speaker 12: Long? Well, I, I think it's just that. Yeah. I think it's, we've been playing together for so long. I mean, I think Mark and I have now known each other for 31 years. Yep. Um, and met, you know, jamming together. So we obviously know each other's sort of intricacies and, and tendencies and stuff like that. Brian, uh, has been a part of this pretty much the same amount of time. And with Scott on and off again, we all met, you know, together back in 1994 in Tallahassee. Tallahassee. Yeah. So, you know, playing together through all those years, you just, you learn everybody's, it's like a, like any team where, you know, the other person Sure. What they're gonna do if it's in basketball that this guy's gonna cut left and sure. Somebody's cut the basket. You, you just pick up on those tendencies over the years. And that's just what we've done.
Speaker 2: Do you guys feel, I mean, it's gotta feel like a weird sense of life. Not a weird, but it pretty big sense of pride for you guys to be able to say Yeah. After all this time, we're still, we're still
Speaker 12: Rocking. Absolutely. Absolutely. I mean, that's, that's all we ever really asked for in this business to begin with. There's longevity. I mean, everybody, you want that rise to stardom. And we were fortunate enough to have that. But there's so many bands that we've met along the way that are fantastic bands that just went up and flamed out. Yeah. And you don't hear from 'em again. Yeah. For us to be able to still be doing this, you know, decades later. Yeah. Uh, we're, we're truly grateful and blessed that, you know, we still get this opportunity.
Speaker 2: Mm-hmm . Did you, did you ever have a point where you thought maybe that, like, maybe it was going to end like that, or It was,
Speaker 11: Well, we had, we had a, we got together back in 2013, I think it was
Speaker 12: 2009.
Speaker 11: 2009 for the second time. And, um, it didn't go over as well as it has this time. Okay. This time. Yeah. I remember having a conversation with my agent, our agent, and, um, he said, this is not as big as it was. This is bigger than it's ever been. The ticket sales, the, the attendance that we've had has been Absolutely, uh, has blown our minds. You know, it was over, over a million tickets sold last year. So it's been Wow. Uh, we've been very happy about it. And now our kids are grown up enough now that they can come and appreciate it. They love coming out to the big shows and Yeah. Um, they come out with us for the, pretty much the whole tour, so it's
Speaker 12: Good. Yeah. Our kids are here now. My, my daughter. Oh, nice. My daughter ran off to watch the, uh, the Wiener race. Oh, hell
Speaker 2: Yeah. It sounded my interest in watching us. Yeah, absolutely. You have to.
Speaker 12: I'm out, dad. Speaker 2: What's been your guys' favorite place to perform? Oh, man. There's so many cool places that, you know, we've had a chance to experience over the years.
Speaker 11: You know, recently the stage coach festival was
Speaker 12: There. Yeah. We out there, stage coach out, out in Coachella Valley, which was super cool, but not necessarily our scene. It's definitely more of a country music scene. So, uh, they kind of started incorporating rock bands in there, and the crowd was just nuts. They absolutely ate us up.
Speaker 2: You feel like that's, that kind of like second generation, could you feel that or see that in the crowd? Totally.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Speaker 11: Totally. You know, nowadays, whenever you sell a ticket, you can see where somebody's from, how old they are, what their background is. We sold most of our tickets to people under, under the age of 35. So it's, that's another generation of
Speaker 2: Fans for us. Yeah, man. Wow. That is, that's awesome. So, do you have anything, you know, having the experience of being, being through the industry through this, this entire, like you said, decades mm-hmm . If you had, if you were starting Creed today mm-hmm . Would you have done anything differently?
Speaker 12: It's, it's such a different world now. Yeah. Like the music industry and everything, there was no social media back then. There was barely internet back
Speaker 2: Then. Yeah.
Speaker 12: You know, when we started. So it's, everything is completely different in how bands get signed and how they get marketed, how they get picked up. Um, you know, the, the touring, uh, it's just a completely different world. So it, you know, we're, we're old farts now, so it took us a while to like kind of catch up to, to the way things are done, you know, in 2025. Yeah. So, I don't, I don't, I don't know how we would do it today.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be out there on TikTok and, well, that I was Yeah, I was gonna ask that. Does that piss you guys off? As you know, the TikTok Well, we love it. You love it, okay. . Yeah. But in terms of, you know, there's, there's artists, there's people who, they put a song out there on TikTok that's a 42nd clip, and all of a sudden it, you know, gets them up to be on whatever award show or whatever, somebody who you formed a 94. Like you said, you kinda look around and you're like, what the hell? We, we, we, we, we were jamming out together. We did all this shit for 30 years and now this, this person's up. Is that, no,
Speaker 11: We got to double down on it. 'cause we got the, we got
Speaker 2: The , Speaker 11: We got to do what we did back in the day. Now, now in this day, we don't have to lift a finger in our stuff all over TikTok and people are coming to buying tickets because of TikTok. Yeah. Okay. So that's, to me, it's just, it's just the cherry on the top. Yeah. Yeah. Is the, I mean, yeah, that's a, you mentioned the TikTok. I mean, creed has kind of had this like revival in terms of the internet and, and, and, and, and kind of blasting everywhere in terms of, you know, we always see the Thanksgiving Day show, right? Yeah. You know, and that, that's something. So you guys, I mean, you welcome that, right? That's not something that you're like all nos show you. You welcome it.
Speaker 12: Yeah. You talk about the craziest show we've ever done. That had to be the craziest thing we've ever
Speaker 2: Done. Okay. I was gonna, I was gonna ask you, you guys haven't performed out here, but, uh, and you've only been here for 25 minutes, so I can't really compare, but that was gonna be one of my questions is Thanksgiving Day at Cowboy Stadium,
Speaker 12: It was not spread mean. There's like the four of us just making sure we're kinda locked in, but there's like a dude flying through the air. Yeah. cheer leaders are behind you, you know, pompoms and explosions and, well, it was kind like random kids dancing every, it's just like, what is happening?
Speaker 11: How about when we're in Austria and then we got snowboarders flying in the air in front of us. That was,
Speaker 12: That was pretty cool. That was early on in the,
Speaker 11: Uh, ice, ice tea was headlining, right?
Speaker 12: Yep. Early on in the three days, we, we played a snowboard fest in, uh, somewhere in Austria.
Speaker 2: Wow. Speaker 12: So the stage was right at the end of the ramp. Oh my, my God. So you see, watch these dudes, you Know, as you're playing, as you're playing. Wow. So, speaking of festivals, you guys are doing your own festival now, right? Yes, we are. You're in East Troy? Yes. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So tell, tell us a bit about that. How, how'd that come about?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's the summer of 99 and Beyond Festival. We're trying to gather our friends from our genre and yeah. Put together. Last year it was a one, one show, but we want to grow every year and do, uh, we're doing two nights this time. Nickel Back's gonna headline the, uh, the first night we're doing the second night. Correct. Um, we've got a ton of great bands on there. Hopefully next year we can do three days, but it's, uh,
Speaker 2: Um, okay. So Creed and Nickelback. Joe, are you in? Oh yeah. Forgot. Are you kidding me? . . I'm a 93 baby. I mean, come on. Yeah, let's go. Let's do it. Are you kidding me? What's the, uh, immediately, what's the most challenging song for you guys to play together Live? It could be what it was 20 years ago or what it is now. What is, what, what is that for you guys?
Speaker 11: I'd say it's probably different for everybody. For me, it's all the finger picked stuff, where it's just me and the crowd, nobody else. Okay. It's like a song, like One Last Breath, where there's a finger picked clean thing that everybody's familiar with. If I miss one little note, everybody's, everybody
Speaker 2: Knows. Yeah. . So, yeah. Alright, well, let's, let's turn it out here. Do we have any Creed fans out here? Come on. Come on. Are are you kidding me? This is insane. Insane Guys. Favorite songs, anything? No Arm. All of them. . Yeah. . But I mean, so when you guys are going around, when you're performing at these venues, I know Joey was talking about like the the fan who just had me sign her arm thing. Do you, do you get fans who come up to you and just want to connect and tell you how impactful their music has been in their lives? Oh, absolutely. All the time. Absolutely. Is it sometimes like, I mean, I'm sure that's gotta be amazing. Yeah. I want him, but, but on the other hand, you're just like, you kind of miss, you missed the point of that song. That's not what, that's not what that was about. .
Speaker 12: I think that's the good thing with music. And, and Scott's always kinda said that with his lyrics. It's, you know, he might've meant it one way, but it's open to interpretation and whatever that song means to you, whatever feeling it gives you, whatever
Speaker 11: It's how it Speaker 12: Should be. Yeah. That's, and that's, that's the point of it. Even if it was written about something completely different, but as long as it, it resonates with you in a certain way, then that's what matters.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody ever, you know, that they, I mean, I guess Tim just kind of asked that, but you're just like, you're away. I mean, it's open to interpretation, but you're way off to, there's
Speaker 12: Been a, there's been a couple, I can't remember anything specific, but I can remember I'll,
Speaker 11: I'll agree with somebody like, yeah, this song's about this or that that you wrote. I'm like, oh, it
is Speaker 2: .
Speaker 11: You nailed it. That Speaker 2: Makes you feel good. That's absolutely right. Yeah. But don't tell anyone Uhhuh . Yeah. This is between us right here. Exactly. So what does, after all these years, you know, what does Creed 20, 25 years ago, you know, mean to you then as, as opposed to now in 2025? Is there a difference? Oh yeah. Big difference. Back then we were, we were just like every other band fighting to survive. And, and every single you put out you, your career could be over. Every record you put out your career could be over. Yeah. Now that we've known it's lasted all this time, we can just enjoy it. Yeah, yeah. You know, it's just, it's much, it's much like he said, you're not up there, uh, trying to prove yourself anymore. You're just having a good time and it's, it's much more relaxed. Yep.
Speaker 12: Good. Couldn't say better. Speaker 2: That's awesome, man. That's so great. That's, uh, one last one for me, Tim, I don't know about you, but for, you know, I have, I have kids now. Tim has an 11-year-old. Um, you know, if you were to tell someone who is wanting to get in the music industry, who's wanting to start a, a band, rock band now in 2025, what would you say?
Speaker 11: There's only one piece of advice. Like he was saying earlier, that the business has changed so much, we wouldn't even know how to do it ourselves anymore. 'cause it's, it's a completely different business. But the one thing that stays true from the dawn of musical time is write a good song. Yep. Write the best song you can write. There's nobody you know. That's, that's spend all your time doing it for the right reasons. And if that song is good enough, it will be successful. That's
Speaker 12: A hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Write a good song. Yeah. Yeah. All wrong with that. Uh, my only other one is I wanna know how I can get tickets on this cruise show, . We might, we might know somebody who knows somebody. You might be able to help me out on that. Maybe so. Maybe So. We'll see. Alright, cool. Well all well, guys, so much I Welcome to Indianapolis. I hope that you enjoy your time here. Give it up. Come on, give it up for 'em. The creed, the car. Felix Rosenquist going on Sunday. Thanks guys. Thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, all American rejects is here. Hey, hey, hey fellas. Hey. Hey. Thanks for being here, man. Hey, right on. Wow. Whole crew. Hey guys, love this shirt. That's awesome. Hey, hey, hey, hey. It looks good, man. Hey, hey, hey. Whoa. Alright man,
Speaker 14: I saw you, I saw you. My, uh, buddy of mine sent, you guys sent me a clip of your guys' show, uh, when you guys were doing the, talking about being here for Car Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Funny. Oh, thanks man. Well, thanks for being here. Yeah,
Speaker 14: Dude, nice for having us. I found this at, you said my jacket. Dude, I found this at a Arif store in Chicago yesterday.
Speaker 2: Your line. I what a perfect timing. Oh my. Oh God, that's amazing. How
Speaker 14: About that gym? Is
Speaker 2: This your guys first time here? ? Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Well, not Indiana or Indianapolis, but at the Motor Speedway have not been to the spectacle before. The Well, welcome man. Thank you. This is great. We're so excited to have you guys. Dude. Yeah. Me and Tim were talking about Right Tim, that all American rejects is like, you guys were our MySpace songs. You know what I'm saying? , I, we had all that going. You know,
Speaker 14: What's the dynamic here? 'cause Tim looks like the guy on the couch and it looks like it's your, it's your, like your your rich
Speaker 2: Friend couch. This actually, this actually isn't . That's that's fair. Like,
Speaker 14: Like I was Tim, man, I was the kid who was raiding the fridge and eating the gushers in the rich kid's
Speaker 2: House. I literally just went and grabbed a beer from the audience. I love this. So you're not, you, you read that incredibly well.
Speaker 14: Tim's really Speaker 2: Warming up. Yeah. Yeah. This isn't actually, uh, either of our shows, but we're glad you're here anyways. Nice. Dope. Yeah, yeah. Speaker 2: Yeah. , they're, they're race car drivers. They have stuff going on. There's a pit stop competition. One of 'em is calling it on Fox, so Oh, cool. Their show. Yeah. Gotcha man.
Speaker 2: But we're their friend. He's, he's on the show. He's on their cap and I'm just a friend. Yeah. And I filled in and, but it's devastating to know that you got the
Speaker 14: Manage their money. Like you're, you got
Speaker 2: The correct reit that's . You're, you're getting a CPA from me. Totally. Yeah. CPA from me. Definitely
Speaker 14: Day trade, bro. Dope.
Speaker 2: You dude d in math my whole life could be further off , but he can recommend some great cryptos. I smell that shit. Yeah. Yep. Absolutely. All right. So, uh, performance coming up here in a little bit, boys, we feeling fresh? Feeling good? Oh yeah. Excited for Carb Day crowd.
Speaker 14: Yeah, man. Well this is like the cherry on the end of a week that, uh, has kind of taken, uh, us to a bizarre, uh, like, uh, jettison into, I don't know, sort of a zeitgeist relevance for five minutes. So we're just sitting here and soaking up into it. It's awesome. I love it. Well,
Speaker 2: We were, we were talking about it before you guys were doing like the house party shows. That's insane. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Like who'd to thunk? That'd be a thing. .
Speaker 2: But it's like, it's, it's like you said, it's taken over. People were making a huge
Speaker 14: Deal outta it. It's wild. We, we like did this on a whim 'cause we knew we had Carb Day here. We had this corporate chauffeur Kroger in Cincinnati Weeks ago. And we're like, let's just play house parties up until we get to Indy. And so we played, uh, green Bay, like the college in Green Bay. That was weird. Uh,
Speaker 15: Chicago. And
Speaker 14: Then it started taking off. We did Chicago,
Speaker 15: Minneapolis, and Speaker 14: A bowling alley in Minneapolis. Dude. Oh man. This bowling alley was just so stoked that he's like, you guys made my summer. Like, because we took donations at the door. Oh man. Because we weren't selling tickets. We're like, man, screw this in this world where we're just like, concerts are so <inaudible> expensive and it's just so hard to get access now. Yeah. You know? Um, we're like, let's just do free shows and do donations for local college, radio stations, local businesses. And, and it worked. So
Speaker 2: You feel like, I mean, obviously, you know, you guys are at this point in, in, in your career together as a band that like, you feel like you can just do that. No problem. You're not even worried about ticket sales. You're like, yeah, let's give back. We're at that point. I,
Speaker 14: I, yeah. I don't know, man. I think we, like, of course we're excited to share new music. We have a new record called Sandbox coming out. We've got a new song called Easy Come Easy Go on June 5th. Sweet. So there was
Speaker 2: Next week, June 5th Speaker 14: New. That's right, baby. But there, there was purpose with it. But the, the, the messaging of what it became to so many people who were in attendance, I think made it, it just made it a whole big love bomb for a lot of people. So,
Speaker 15: And I think I saw it. Uh, I think we reposted somebody's story that said, is this what it was like to go to high school parties in the two thousands?
Speaker 14: Somebody in Nashville. Somebody was ven mowing, renting a ladder behind the fence for
$150 Speaker 2: . Wow. Just to see you guys
Speaker 14: Just to stand up on the ladder to p over the fence. 150 bucks to That's
Speaker 2: Crazy. If that is though. Like what high school parties were like in in the s then I didn't get invited. Yeah, no. Obvious
Speaker 15: We didn't.
Speaker 2: Nah, Speaker 14: He got invited. Yeah. He's handsome. Dumb. Speaker 14: Can't help it. It's the jacket, Joey. Oh yeah. Me and you. We both got this right here. That's right. Now. So when you guys started, man, I mean, could you ever imagine that you're gonna be playing the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in front of however many people the biggest race event in the world with Brett Michaels . I mean, come on. Right. You're buried in the lead there. ,
Speaker 15: This side of the couch definitely had fallen angels. Uh, single. So we're stoked .
Speaker 2: That's incredible, dude. Yeah. You're so
Speaker 14: Right. I'm gonna get up there tonight with him. I was trading texts with him. My phone just died. But he said, he said, uh, I go, Hey man, do you want to come eat with us at St. Elmo's? You know, after the show. What? This is a great steakhouse. And he was like, brother,
Speaker 2: He is like . It's like the show. It's like the Yeah, the his love show.
Speaker 14: It's every, he bookends his, his text messages with Brother .
Speaker 2: So Speaker 14: Start doing, it's like, it's very, it's like just such a positive energy. He's like, brother, we're gonna go down there. We're gonna rock this world and race way into the next century, my man. And he said, and he said, it's going to be nothing but a good time. Hey, Hey, first all, here we go, man.
Speaker 14: The man is a walking legend and
Speaker 2: He's Speaker 14: Exactly as you hope he would be. This might seem like overkill, but I think I would print and frame that if I ever got that I, that would Right. On the, he's not the
Speaker 14: First person to say that Speaker 2: I would do it. And he wasn't even talking to me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It just, just to have that, it's like Tim, Tim gives me a, a hard time because I got a response back from James Ka. You guys familiar with Whoa. Yeah. Late. Great. I shouted him out in the 50th anniversary of The Godfather. And I was like, Santino such a badass, James Conn. And he sent me a tweet back and Tim was the first person. He's like, you won the internet for the day because James Conn responded to me and I still have that photo. And you mentioned printing it off and framing it. Yeah. Dude, I gotta do that. Right? I gotta do James Conn. And you gotta do Brett Michaels. That's right. That's awesome. Make pillowcases outta that
Speaker 2: <inaudible>. So you guys are going to el I mean Elmo's, is that your first time? Are you going there? There we go.
Speaker 14: Oh, I think we're going to Prime 47. 'cause we couldn't get in. Say
Speaker 2: Couldn't. What the, come on. Mario was here. He might know it.
Speaker 14: Race teams are like just storming that place. They
Speaker 2: Are, they are prime's good though. Yeah. Oh, I'm prime's really good. If you ever need to know like the best steakhouse in an obscure town, ask a race car driver. Really? They will . They will. They will know every they have it. Yeah. That's dope. They absolutely do. They absolutely do. All right. All American rejects here, man. Um, I gotta know who, if you could say, you know, 'cause you got all these folks who are coming to see you guys. Maybe, you know, people come out to Carb Day and well, no, no. I think they're here to see cars. But, but people out, people come out, people come, come. It was a Wier day every year. And they go to the concerts. They don't, but they're outta carb day. Except for those, you know, all American rejects. In a sentence, what do you got? What do you describe All American rejects?
Speaker 14: What What's the, what's the,
Speaker 2: I have a list of questions here that I was so, I don't know. I was enjoying our conversation and I'm like, I guess we gotta do the, you you plug back in. Yeah, I gotta plug back into that. I want to
Speaker 14: Sins like, like sin, like SIN
Speaker 2: Syn. And
Speaker 14: I thought you said, oh, Speaker 2: I thought you said, and one, we all, we got three different inter I heard the All American region.
Speaker 2: So it turns out it wasn't the person who wrote the question. Joey.
Speaker 14: Yeah. I'd say pet. That's a little nag. Choppa. Maybe some amber in there
Speaker 2: In that . Ah, that question. That was a stupid question. No, no. That was a stupid question. No,
Speaker 14: Oklahoma boys and t-shirt and jeans that do that Don't, that aren't trying to, I don't know. Shake your purse strings, man. We just want you to come and listen to the music with us. That's us. That's eight sentences.
Speaker 2: See, I would frame that. No, that was a great sentence. And we got a great sense of who you are in that syn sense. Nice. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Um, you guys are Oklahoma boys. Yeah. Yeah. That feels like, uh, never really country that motorsport, you know, maybe there's some motor. You guys grew up around motor sports at all?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah. My dad was a, my dad was a very semi-professional drag racer. Uh, you know, like he took me to, I got to meet John for and Shirley Muldowney back in the day. Yeah. I was a big kid. Yeah. I mean,
Speaker 2: I love that stuff. John Force, Graham Raul's father-in-law. In-law. Yeah. One of the, the driver of the 15 car out here. It's his father-in-law. Of course.
Speaker 14: How do you like him? How do you like the driver with the 15 car? Um, he
Speaker 2: Doesn't do a show with us, so I don't have to that guy. Yeah. He can go to hell. Grant. No, he's a good dude. He's a good guy. Yeah. Yeah. , he fell back. Yeah. ,
Speaker 14: He disparage. Retreat Speaker 2: . Uh, The dog has, he's Speaker 2: A good dude. His car was smoking out here actually earlier, so he, he's I Think the one that caught on fire.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the one that caught on fire, but it did have smoke. Okay. So not great. Um, Pharma. Not, not, not, not great for him. He knows what he did. Yeah. . Uh, so you guys got new music coming out though? Yes. Oh
Speaker 14: Yeah. Yeah, buddy. What's
Speaker 2: The, uh, the vibe, but the new music? What's the sense of new music that we got coming on? Is it different than, uh, what we all know as the All American rejects? Yeah. What you guys going for? It's
Speaker 14: Different. Yeah. It's pedal to the floor man. It's, uh, it's, it's, it's a, this song Easy come, easy Go that we got coming out. Uh, June 5th is, uh, is a, is <inaudible> Ripper man. Um, we're really excited to play it tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ripper for you guys, man. That's awesome.
Speaker 14: So for the new, the new music, man, it's, uh, it's crazy to be doing this so long and to actually still have something to say, you know?
Mm-hmm Speaker 2: . Something that long of something to say. Does that wear on you guys? , you guys have to get together in a, in a no therapeutic, uh, foursome and figure out what the hell we're talking about or what
Speaker 15: The We never did the band therapy. We're really good at communicating now. Yeah. And like he said, just knowing what we, what we wanna say and how we, you know, how to just be ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. We
Speaker 15: Were talk that that took the 20 years, so.
Speaker 14: Sure. Yeah. Speaker 2: We were talking to Phyllis from Creed earlier before you guys shut up. Got on here. Shut up. Yeah.
Speaker 15: They were here. Speaker 2: Uhhuh. . Yeah. What are they doing here?
Speaker 2: They sponsor, uh, their name is on the car of the 60 Felix Rosenquist. Of course. It's okay. Yeah. The SiriusXM SiriusXM. The SiriusXM number 60 Creed car. That's
Speaker 14: What I saw. I saw you guys doing a show where you were not allowed to say his name, say that Creed was coming, but
Speaker 2: You were making all these, we all
Speaker 14: References cute Speaker 2: References. That was adorable. They get mad. Did you, did you get starstruck by Scott Stab?
Speaker 2: Scott is in office, not here. Oh,
Speaker 14: What Speaker 2: A jump. Come on, man. You mean I didn't have to show up for
Speaker 2: This? Scott is not here, but our guys didn't show up at It's our show. Yeah, right, right. , that is the B team. All right. No, it's all good. Um, but
Speaker 14: Time filling right now, , anybody could have sat next to Tim and he is like, Hey, what's up man?
Speaker 2: Oh, I've actually been very, I've been very excited. You guys got me through a lot of breakups, so . No, but the difference, you guys, I mean, 20 years, that's a dude. I mean, I've been married for six and I'm like, Jesus, 20 years for my wife. And you guys have you guys have been together for that long? I mean, how does that happen to where you guys can make it work for
Speaker 14: Uh, you know, I think two decades, you know, we've toured with bands that are from like Jersey, you know, and I'm not trying to blanket statement jersey, but like, there's a hard sort of like brutal kind of energy between these guys out, like this band we toured with, and they, they're fighting each other backstage and they come up to one of the guys name was Vinny. He's like, yo, dude, so what you guys don't like, you guys never
fight Speaker 2: .
Speaker 14: And we looked at each other and I just remember being like, nah. He's like, dude, that's <inaudible> crazy, man. We beat the out of each other. .
Speaker 2: I love that. That's normal. That's the most Jersey thing I've ever heard. That's . And his name was Vin. Vin . Yeah. Must be Italian
Speaker 15: Also. Like Oklahoma didn't really have a scene for rock bands, so like, we were the, the four guys doing it. So like, I don't know, like we just had to stick together, you know what I mean? Good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Crazy thing. Speaker 14: That Jersey band that was abba. Oh, a lot of Speaker 14: People don't know they're from there. That was Germany. The Speaker 15: Sweden of America.
Yeah. Speaker 2: . I thought it was German. So you guys said you were the only ones out there in Oklahoma doing this?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean, probably not, but like, we were the only ones that really knew each other when we were
Speaker 14: Coming up. It was like the flaming lips and then like
Speaker 15: Hansen Speaker 14: And then like a big qua. Like we, the only reason why we got to play college party or college like bars in town was because no college band existed in Stillwater. Um, so I had my, you know, we, we typed up a fake parental, uh, signature and had somebody notarize it. So like, when I was 14 and 15, we were, we were playing three hour sets on Thursday nights at the local college bar at colleges. Yeah, man. And like, and then by the time Swing Swing, our first song started breaking. We, the thing was full, like, packed with <inaudible> College kids being like, yeah, bro. And I'm like,
Speaker 2: I am 18 . You're three years older than me. Yeah. Wow. Holy. That's insane, man. Are so you guys cowboys? Are you okay state?
Speaker 15: Oh, we grew up in Stillwater. Yeah. Tyson and I did, I think
Speaker 2: After they left the conference, it was a, it was a
Speaker 14: Blow. Oh yeah. Nice. Yeah. State is
Speaker 2: The team.
Speaker 14: Now I'm not denominational in that, in that
Speaker 2: You, you're gonna go sooner as there cowboys.
Speaker 14: Nah, fair weather. Yeah. Yeah. Oh, they're in a, they're in a full game. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Big a big one. Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's, that's, I just go for the tailgating. Yeah. That works out here. Way better than anyway. I'm not even gonna watch this race. Yeah, yeah. Right, right, right. I went to USC for four years. I think I went to a game. Yeah. . Are you guys staying for the race? Are you staying? Uh, stay. My wife's about to pop, man. I'm going. No joke. Yeah, I'm going. Congratulations. Thanks, man. Yeah. I'm heading back. What, uh, how many kids? Second one's on the way? Is this the second one? Yeah. Let's go baby. Baby boy or girl. Boy, man. We got the tribe around our warrior queen. Three boys. Three boys with one girl. Three verse one. Wow. Well, congratulations, man. What about you? I'm bummed. I got, uh, two and a half year old boy and a 1-year-old girl. Oh, that's a party. Yeah. And then he's got an 11-year-old daughter who's Hazel. Hazel wave as she is right now. Yeah. Little girl. Yeah. Good for you, Tim. Thanks. Yeah. Yeah. I'll keep her. I wouldn't have pegged you creature. Is you ever a creature from the Black Lagoon shirt? Yeah. My favorite monster we're, yeah, we're a, we're a nerd family. Yeah. Hell yeah. That's amazing. It's her first 500 too. Oh, sick. You guys are all in it together. 500 What? ? The Wiener Mobiles? Yeah. Yeah. Oh, did they do that race yet? They did. It was awesome talking to Creed, but it was the Wiener Mobiles ripped their and our next How do you tell them apart? They have, they had numbers. They were like, oh yeah. Okay. That That's a fair question. It's a measuring concept. It's all of our first experience with the Wieners. , yeah. All right. I, the old stick, I legitimately have this conversation for like three more hours, but I keep getting looks from them and texts from them that we had. Let you guys go. Oh, we're leaving the all rejects. Go Sam down. Come on. Are you kidding me? Snake pit bitches. Hey, thank you guys for coming. Uh, that, that was, that was fun. Thank you guys for coming out.
Speaker 1: This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi. Offtrack is part of the SiriusXM Sports Podcast Network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Offtrack on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them, though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Off Track is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean Fi.