Speaker 1: This is off track. And Nolan, in 2015, my agency made that little
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 1: That was the first win that I had when we were working together. So
Speaker 2: Nice. Was
Speaker 3: It still pissing rain when you were standing up there?
Speaker 1: Sure was. I, uh, so I'm in the middle of moving Dario, so this office normally has a lot more helmets and, and paraphernalia, uh, in it. So yours is not currently on the shelf 'cause it's already moved to the new place. Oh. But there's a few here that you would recognize. Uh, you've given me the
Speaker 2: Jimmy, the Jimmy excuse Speaker 1: Is yours. I went to No, he's mine. Jimmy.
Speaker 3: He gave me your helmet. Speaker 2: Exactly. I went to Jimmy's, I love me building other day, said, where's my helmet? He's like, uh, it's in the office. Went into the office. I thought, Jimmy, there's no helmet here, . He's like, you gave me a helmet. I'm like, yes, Jimmy. And here's the, here's the FedEx ticket from 2010. And it was a good helmet. He's like, bro, he's not getting another
one. Speaker 1: ,
Speaker 3: We've been, we've been doing this podcast for, what, eight years now? Yeah. James is still not giving me a helmet.
Speaker 1: No, I have not done that. Um, I learned from Dario. So, yeah, I mean, like the fact you're, because you're very, you are particular with your helmets. And I am, I am blessed and honored to have one. I'm, I'm sorry it's not on display today. 'cause again, it's, it's already at the new spot. Um, here's the thing. I found it too valuable to leave it here for showings. So I took it to the safe space and that's why it's not here. Uh, yes. I'm sure you figured it out by now. Everybody. But, uh, off track with Hinge or Rossi this, this week, and we are joined by none other than the living legend. He is a four time series champion in Indie Carr. He is a three time indie 500 winner. He's done a lot of other cool <inaudible> too. But you know him. You love him. It's Dio Frank, welcome to the show, pal. Thank
Speaker 2: You. Good to be
Speaker 1: Here. Yes. Rather than going too far down memory lane about all, were you expect, were
Speaker 2: You expecting me to say more? There? There was like a, a sort of a pregnant pause .
Speaker 1: I think that's just my bad internet, uh, which is, uh, a staple of this show. So get used to that. Uh, it's all part of it. So, so where do we find you at the moment? Because, you know, if you follow Dario on Instagram and you should, if you don't, uh, you see him often, uh, over in Europe. You see him in North America, you see him all over the world. You've seen him recently in Dubai. We'll get to that in a minute. But where are we today? You've
Speaker 3: Seen him in the drive through line of a Taco Bell? Yeah. Too
Speaker 2: Soon. . But that's a different story. Um, the, I'm in Palm Beach at the moment. Ellie and the kids were down here this week. So I came in from, I'd been in Bahrain testing the Gordon Murray Track car, the T 50 s, and, um, came straight from, from Bahrain, um, into Charlotte, which we'll get to, um, for a, for a seat fit. And then, uh, and came down here and then heading off to, to Sunny Seabring in a couple hours.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. All right. Well, we'll get to that in a sec. But look, man, it's a long off season. Everybody listening to the show knows that they're all, they're all, you know, chomping at the bit to get to St. Pete and get this season started. But as far as the off season goes, you know, it's, uh, it's hardly an off season for you. I know you've been all over, you've been busy. You mentioned, uh, you know, the Gordon Murray car. Just kind of tell us a little bit about what you've been up to since Nashville.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, it is, uh, it's pretty intense, you know, that was as a, you know, when I was competing, it was very structured last race. You kind of had a couple of weeks, maybe a month off. Um, and then it was back to training and all that sort of stuff. Now with, um, sort of the three parts of my, my working life, I guess, um, <inaudible> advisor, Gordon Murray, you know, brand product and all that sort of fun stuff I do there. Um, I manage Alex Lin, um, in the, he's driving in the, in the, the hypercar in We, the Moment for Cadillac. So those are the, the sort of the three branches of my, my life. And then, um, you know, Ellie and the kids are, are spent a lot more time in the us So I'm, I'm sort of back and forward as well with, uh, with all that. So I, I think what I've done since the, um, since Nashville as I've been on an airplane, the tires, but yeah, you know, Goodwood, um, I got to to go race there, got to drive some really cool cars. Um, I think the coolest one was probably the 1999 Chuma car. Uh, Ferrari F1 car. Got to drive that in ma. Mm-hmm. I know you've been at Magel recently. Yeah. Um, so that was pretty mind blowing. Um, and just, you know, a bit of skiing over, over Christmas in the new year. Um, uh, I'd as you know, it just never stops, you know, you get out of the cockpit and, and life, um, luckily has continued at, at a pace.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It comes at you fast. And I feel like you're sort of like me where when opportunities come up, you sort of just say, you're probably not great at saying no. You, you like kind of getting stuck into different things, don't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Right. And I've, I've done some, you know, interesting stuff since I, since I stopped driving. But there was very much that James, it was, somebody would ask the question, I'd say, yeah, I'll do it. Yeah, I'll do it. And then you look at your calendar and you, you're thinking, holy <inaudible>, what have I done? Because you're, you're constantly on the go. And I'm, you know, I'm a big part of life is trying to balance, uh, family side and, and, and work and, and also just fun. I mean, Ellie and I get to do a lot of fun stuff, but obviously the kids are now of an age, they're in school. Um, so we we're, we're sort of balancing that, that whole thing. And then there's the, the times when I get to go and do you know, whether it's ice driving when my buddies or, um, you know, notice this is a theme with cars here, but, um, , yeah, it's all life is about balance. I remember I had a, I had a great trainer from Austria called Tony Mattis, and he would always tell me, life is about balance. And I'm, uh, that's what I'm trying to do,
Speaker 1: Figuring it out. I I, for me, it was, I wonder if it's the same for you in that, you know, when you are driving full time, everything that you do is kind of geared towards that one thing. Right. And you miss a lot of stuff. Like famously, any, any athlete will tell you, right? That from the age of five, you miss as a kid it's birthday parties and graduations. And then as an adult it's, it's weddings and births and funerals and all sorts of things, right? And then that's no longer your main thing. You no longer wake up every morning with the thought of, okay, how am I a better racing driver today? What do I have to do today to get better at what I do? And you have this freedom to say yes to things that for 20, 30 years you've had to say no to. Is that kind of what it was like for you? Or that's why the yeses kept coming? 'cause you're just like, I've never been able to say yes to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And that, and that could be stuff that you weren't allowed to do because of your contract. Right. Um, and I, you know, you drove with the Andre guys, you probably saw a lot of the Dario clauses in the contract because
Speaker 1: the no fun clause.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the no fun clause. I mean, I, I, I would ride motorbikes. I brought my back on a motorbike. There was a clause in there about motorbikes. I went racing historic cars at Goodwood. Uh, I had a wheel fall off. I woke up in hospital. I missed a race. no more. No historic stuff. So, um, it's a, it's a very, you're, you're very targeted, as you say, in what you do. Every waking moment is, is, uh, right. Racing, racing, racing, actually, you know, you're even bloody dreaming about it at times. I used to keep a notepad next to the bed in case I, um, figured out, uh, why we had this issue at Indianapolis Qualifying, whatever it, it was. So now it's just pure. Yeah. It's just that ability to, to have those experiences and, um, enjoy the, the world a bit more. And, and ultimately the, the career that I had has allowed me the, the opportunity to get to do these things. So it's a, it's an absolute blessing. And, you know, I think it's very important I that I say this, the life that I got to, like the life that you have have lived as well. The opportunities we had, they were the stuff we dreamed of as kids. So we're, we're very, very lucky. And I, I, you know, I, I think I speak for you too. We're not sitting here going, oh, we're so, you know, we lived such a sheltered life and we weren't allowed to do this . It was bloody, it was brilliant. It was the coolest thing. Um, but it was fully focused and all encompassing.
Speaker 1: So I, one of the things that I've always, um, loved following along with your post full-time indie car career was getting back in the historic stuff. 'cause I absolutely love that. My real introduction to racing was my dad going vintage racing up in Canada. And so I've always had a soft spot for that. Goodwood has always been something that I've died. I'm dying to do it one day. I'm so, I love watching every year. You and, and Scott and Jimmy and all, you know, Marino, everybody there doing it. It looks phenomenal. Just, just walk me through, you know, the revival festival, or sorry, the revival and, and like what that weekend's like, because it is an absolute bucket list. I haven't managed to walk away from the full-time schedule yet. I'm not driving anymore, but I'm, you know, I'm still at every single race. So I don't have that window normally to go
Speaker 2: Come this year, come and do it. I think it's after. In fact, it is, it's after the last race. James, James,
Speaker 3: We could arrange it. So you don't work for Fox anymore? There's just a couple things. Well, hang on. You can say, or a couple things. I could
Speaker 2: Just not cut . Like,
Speaker 3: Like we could make that happen
today, Speaker 1: . Yeah. Yeah. It's maybe not that badly, but yes. Anyway, just walk me through the weekend. 'cause it looks like a blast.
Speaker 2: I, I did my first revival in 2005. Uh, showed up. I was teamed with Emma and Willie Pirro. We won the, the big race, the tts, like, this is easy, it's fun, really good fun, great event. Uh, lovely cars. The next year I went back, I had a wheel fall off the E type. I woke up in, in hospital, literally woke up staring at a ceiling, not knowing where I was. I looked over and Adrian knew he was in the next bed to me. So that was the very much, the two . I thought it was a hell of a weird dream. But that was the, the two sides of of , of Goodwood. And, um, yeah, I went back, same
Speaker 1: Crash or different crashes.
Speaker 2: Different crashes. We, we crashed within about five minutes of each other. Different, different crashes, different ambulances. Same, same, same rooms. And uh, so I went back, um, I, I'd go to the festival, I think we did the festival in 2011, which is up the hill climb. And the Duke said, you know, you should come back and do the revival again. Of course, then I have my accident. And he was so kind, he phoned and said, just come along. I know you can't race, but just come along, be part of it. Do demonstrations. Do you know, just, just come along. So Ellie and I did that. We've had some of our greatest memories there as a, as a family, including Marino and Holly as well. Um, the kids do the pedal car race. Um, and 2019, I thought, I really, I want to race again. I was feeling the effects of the, the, the big accident in Houston sort of really diminished. Um, and I, I sort of went to the doctors, I went to, to the, all the stakeholders and said, look, I'd like to do this. And there was some conversations and they said, sure. So it was very much, I was a bit nervous. I was sitting on the grid in a Ferrari two 50 short wheel base, my first race back, and the car worse, I dunno, 15 million bucks. Beauty. Yeah. . Yeah. I'm saying, okay, I'm gonna be calm here. Nice. And you know, within, I dunno, 50 meters, I was four wide, two wheels on the grass. Right back in it. Right back in
Speaker 1: It. You can't not, you can't not.
Speaker 2: No, exactly. So, um, I've raced there since then. I've done the spa six hour, um, in the GT 40. Uh, we were fortunate enough, Marino and I, and, and Andre Ter won that a couple years ago. Um, then, you know, all kinds of things. Maserati Mc 12, uh, as the Martin Dbr, R nine at Lamar, which was a absolute bucket list item for me. Um, and then more recently in Dubai in the, uh, the 24 hour, um, with some great friends of mine, you know, Sean and, and Max Lynn. Uh, Rob Puff was there too. But Sean's been just a great friend and he's allowed me to drive, you know, including his GT 40, um, at spa. So the, that was race was very much a bunch of buddies going out and, uh, and driving a more modern car. But, um, yeah, so it's, the list of cars has been, has been wide and varied. Um, but I love, I love the revival. You must do it, James. It's, you know, Jimmy's come and done it with us now. Marino obviously does it every year. Um, TK came along. Dixie's come along, right? Dixie and I shared a car. Jimmy and I shared a car. Um, Jimmy and I shared Sterling Moss's, um, 1960 db, uh, DB four gt. Um, Jimmy might have put a, a small dent in
it, Speaker 1: .
Speaker 2: Um, and, but then we, the guys fixed it for the next day and we won the race. So that was, uh, that was fun. But it, it, it is just come bring Becky. Come along. Yeah, you will. It, it, it, it's like being in a time machine. Every single person. Yeah, every fan, every spectator, everybody dresses in period dress. Yeah. Everybody gets into it. It's the biggest movie set. And, um, but then you get on the track and nobody's hanging around. Matt, you are on the limit. Oh, I've,
Speaker 1: I've seen the videos, I've seen the boards, I've seen it all. You guys are all absolutely mental. And yes, I would love to be a part of it. , I would love to throw my hat in that rink. Let's do it. Flight of my alley. So the, the historic stuff, the, you know, whether it's at Goodwood, whether it's at Spa Lamont, like you say, you got into now more modern car and did the 24 hours of Dubai. I bet it was fun doing a 24 hour race again. Uh, I imagine Daytona at some point was your last time doing a 24.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would've been, yeah, 2013. There
Speaker 1: You go. So, uh, a return to the, the no sleep, uh, program. A little bit different than historic racing, but, um, you have, uh, now something else coming that has just been announced and, uh, I mean, it's, it's a bit of a throwback. It's also completely new in a lot of ways. Tell us about your upcoming race at St. Pete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I am driving a Toyota truck. It's in St. Pete on the Saturday before the IndyCar race, I'm driving for Tricon in the number $1 Tree Toyota . And there you go. Yeah, how about that? It was the, it was one of those throwaway conversations with, with Jimmy Johnson just talking about, um, involved a glass of wine. And we were sitting having a chat, and I said to him, did you see this, uh, St Pete thing? And I said, it's cool, you know, I'd love to, I'd love St. Pete, I'd love to do it, blah, blah, blah. Uh, I'd love to have driven an Indy car there again, but that's just, you know, not possible. Um, and so he got this kind of odd look in his eye . And the next morning he, he calls me and he says, Hey, found your truck . What? And I thought he sort of meant he found a truck around the back of the, the workshop or something at Legacy Motor Club . But he, then he explains, no, it's, um, it's tricon, it's to, to truck. It's a development truck. And then he sort of let me in the secret that he would be driving it later in the year in San Diego. Um, and I've watched the, the, the Charlotte RL the week before I'd been up in, up in New York, and I watched it and they'd won and they won the championship. And I'm thinking, this is, this is a legit truck. So basically it's a good team if we Yeah, it's a good team. If we suck, it's not the equipment , which is, which is good and bad. So that, that's the whole, that's the whole story. It's just, um, yeah, I, I've had, I've some, a throwaway line, but I I I love website. You, I love pushing myself. I love testing myself. I love, I love driving. And that's one odd thing to say, but when I was competing, it was not about the enjoyment of the act of driving. It was about winning. And it was about the process of putting every, all the pieces together to win. And when I stopped and I started doing some of the historic stuff, I realized I loved the act of driving a car and trying to find its limits and all that stuff. And that's, that's really what, what this is about. That's the, you know, it's the fun, but it's the pushing yourself and the testing yourself.
Speaker 3: How many other conversations are you just gonna try and slip things in, like, ah, gee, Dan, you know, those Cadillacs look like they'd be fun to drive if you need
anybody Speaker 2: . Yeah. That's, uh, you know, once we'll see , the thing is, that's what happens with Jimmy. You have these conversations with them, and then the next thing you know, you're, I mean, there, there's some stuff that he's up to this year, and I can't, I can't talk about that yet, but there's some of the situations I found myself in and some of the parts of the world with Jimmy last year, just going, how in the hell did I get here? And why am I entrusting this lunatic to, to take me on this experience? You know, skiing with Jimmy is, um, um, I'm quite a cautious skier. Some of that's because of the injuries I've done to myself. But we were on top of a mountain. He hadn't been there before. I knew the mountain. And we get off the chair and there's these two tracks, and there'd be a big dump of powder. And there's these two tracks just going off the edge. I know where it goes. He doesn't, off, off he goes flat out over the edge. So we thought we had the best rundown. I said, jj, how do you, how did you know what was on the other side of those tracks over that hill? You said, well, well, someone's gone over there before me. 'cause there was tracks. I figured it was okay.
Speaker 1: It's the rollercoaster mentality. This is, this is how I got over. My fear of rollercoasters as a kid is you stand in line and you watch the rollercoaster go away, and then a minute and a half later it comes back and I'm like, everybody is accounted for. Everybody's uninjured. So as much as I might not like this, I'm going to survive this. And I will figure it out. And I I got it because someone else has already done it, so I will survive it. And it's a little bit different skiing off the side of a, of a cliff, but it's the same kind of mentality. What a lunatic.
Speaker 2: It's the same kind of madness. Exactly. Right.
Speaker 1: When was the last time that you drove a stock car or anything in that realm?
Speaker 2: I actually sort of, we were talking about the day I, I realized, yeah, I raced, uh, IROC car. Okay. In, uh, in Laguna Seca last year. Um, I was there for the historics. I was there with doing, um, Gordon Murray work with, with customers and launching a couple of cars at Quail. And, um, so Bruce Cannabis said, Hey, you should come and do this. Ray NUMs doing the whole thing, and, and they've got all these cars and Jeff Gordon's gonna be there, Kurt Bus, um, all these cool guys. And, um, I said, sure. So they put me in this complete old <inaudible> box , and I, I did, I did two laps in it. And when the fire extinguisher came across the car and tried to attack me, I decided that was not the car for me anyway. So I went, uh, I said, okay, thanks for that. Appreciate it. Um, but then Rob Kaufman said, Hey, I've got my car. I'm racing something else. Would you like to drive it? So I, so I jumped in it. Um, my, my first lap in the car was the warmup lap of the race, and it went well. I think I finished second. Um, which given the company was, was I was happy with. And it felt good. So that was my last, uh, that was my last go. I think before that I might have been Watkins Glen in a, of course. See, I, at the time it was a nationwide series, um, when I qualified Jimmy, I just wanna get that in there. I qualified on coal, the nationwide , the Nationwide series. Um, and uh, you know, if you look at the field now, I feel pretty good about that one. That makes up for me not qualifying at, uh, Sonoma, which was, uh, yeah, it was a bit of a shock to Chip and I back in 2008, but that's, that was, um, that was probably the last couple of times I drove, um, a stock car vehicle. As Jimmy would
Speaker 1: Say. I mean, you've done a lot of laps around St. Pete in an Indy car. Have you ever done a truck start? Have you ever done a truck race?
Speaker 2: Yes. Sorry. Oh, I love this. I
Speaker 1: I already love this.
Speaker 2: Oh, I, when I was starting my ill-fated NASCAR experience of 2008 and then end of oh seven, chip was just putting me in anything, um, to, to try and get experience, arc of cars, all that stuff. And he said, and this is why I was a bit of PTSD, when Jimmy told me he'd found a truck because Chip said, Hey, I found you a truck. We're gonna do Martinsville to get you experience. Anyway, it wasn't a great truck. Um, and that shot is, I crashed and I think I crashed with Jacque Vov. I think Jacque was into the race. Um, it's like an odd, it's probably a very odd, um, bar quiz type question, but I believe Jacque and I crashed together. I had no rear brakes. Um, so that wasn't great, to be honest. So I'm hoping for better things than St. Pete.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean, hopefully there's no, uh, you know, Canadian former indie car drivers that, uh, can run into you and, and,
Speaker 2: And Speaker 1: Ruin your, you know, second truck start. But That would be a, that would be
embarrassing Speaker 1: . Yeah. Yeah. It'd be be weird. You've done a lot of laps around St. Pete. You've done no laps in a truck that turned right, at least intentionally, uh, not sure exactly how you crash at Martinsville, but you know, maybe there was a correction involved. What are you anticipating? I mean, like the, the difference between a single seater, high down force, high horsepower, big fat tire car versus a also high horsepower, but heavy skinny tire no down force truck. I mean, it is gonna be like a completely different, I mean, does track knowledge actually really help you in this case? Because all your references are completely useless?
Speaker 2: I, yeah, I think the, the, if I, I can literally close my eyes now and play a lap of St. Pete and IndyCar in my head. I know the bumps, you know, I know the, the, the curves, the worth to position it, all that stuff. And, you know, as part of my, my job at <inaudible> as an advisor, I, I, I'm still, you know, fully plugged in there. I'm gonna get in this truck that yeah, you're gonna be breaking a lot, a lot earlier. It's gonna feel a lot different. I think tech knowledge will help though to start with, um, I think the way the weekends works out Friday night is that 50 minute practice straight into qualifying. Um, so the good thing there is the guys that know the trucks really well are not gonna have time to go and analyze data and, and cameras and all that stuff and to, to kind of figure it out before qualifying, but they'll certainly figure out before the race. So if there is a track advantage, um, it will be gone pretty quickly. And I'm not, I'm not underestimating the talent level and the hunger in, in, in these mostly young kids coming up who want a shot at it's a big time enough they have to run over me to get into, uh, victory Lane or the next position up the track. They will definitely do it. So I'm, I'm under no illusions of, uh, of what to expect here. Um, but again, it's that testing yourself against, uh, you know, the track, the competition, trying to make this rock around St. Pete quickly trying to figure out, trying to make the tires last, trying to, you know, get yourself in a position in the race to, to have a good result. It's, um, that's the challenge that I'm, I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: And that's just the thing that I think people need to understand about, you know, jumping into something like this. Yes, there's the, the kind of obvious and straightforward side of figuring out how to make the truck go fast over a lap, right? But then it's, yeah. When was the last time you drove on this type of tire? How do you manage that over a stint? Restarts, I imagine are gonna be plentiful at St. Pete in the truck race. So how do you warm tires and how do you warm brakes and, you know, how do you approach the racecraft of a restart? 'cause it's double wide restarts, which we've experienced in IndyCar with mixed success, but now going back to that, right? So there's, there's, so do you have to manage brakes? You know, obviously it's a, a street track. St Pete's always tough on brakes in an indie car. It's always hot. What's it gonna be like in a truck? Nobody even knows from the team side 'cause it's the first time they've done it. So there's so many elements you gotta try to wrap your head around.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And I think that the good side is, I, I have driven so many varied cars over the last five or or so years that I think, um, that adaptability is certainly better than it was when the only thing I was driving was an Indy car with an occasional jump into a sports car, a Daytona or particular loss. So I've got, I guess my brain is a bit more flexible now and trying to figure out how to make something go quick. So hopefully I can, and, um, you know, that's, yeah, that's the, that that is the goal to, I don't have a result in mind. It's not, that's not how I'm gonna gauge success. And it obviously you wanna win, right? But if I do a good job and I feel at the end of it I've had a good time, I've had this word fun, then you know, I'll, uh, I'll go, I'll go away happy. You know, Jimmy's gonna be on the box.
Speaker 1: I was, that was my next question. .
Speaker 2: Yeah. My crew chief's probably gonna have to like, cut his cord on his radio or something. 'cause I'm sure he is gonna be giving me advice being a team owner now. Um, you know, I've, I've had some of the best team owners in the business. I've had, you know, some of chip sen's pep talks on the radio, a legendary there might get chip up there too. We could get chip up there, Jimmy, um, a crew chief and, and, and all giving advice what could possibly go wrong. Well,
Speaker 1: If you, if you need a spotter for turn one or anything, just let me know. . Um, it'd be, it'd be, it'd be, sounds like it's gonna be a fun cast of characters on the radio. And, uh, I know that that race is broadcast on Fox and I cannot wait for our team to get to dive into this story a little deeper. . Um, but by James,
Speaker 2: I really, James, James, we haven't even got into the fact that these guys that week in, week out who are quite good, you know, Kiffin Simpson, Scott Dixon, Alex below these guys that I tell what they're doing wrong week in, week out and give them a hard time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Speaker 2: They're gonna be watching and they're gonna be critiquing and they're gonna be laughing. Yeah. And yeah, my biggest worry right now is they're gonna just see, uh, how bad I am now. And I, I, one of my, one of my lines that I always use with them is don't do as I did, do as I see Right? And they just exactly right.
Speaker 2: And then I get a hand signal from them that I probably shouldn't do here. ,
Speaker 1: The teacher becomes the student once again and Oh yes, I can imagine they're all, they're all rubbing their hands with, uh, glee at the opportunity to, well, you know, you could have maybe rolled a little bit more mid corner speed in turn one there pal.
Speaker 2: I think you think Speaker 1: About opening up the entry, There'll be more direct feedback. I was like, what the hell were you doing
there? Speaker 1: ?
Speaker 2: Do you wanna talk me through that one?
Speaker 1: I think they should all get radios as well and should be able to chime in with real time feedback.
Speaker 2: No, , Speaker 1: I'm gonna suggest that I'm gonna give JJ a call and be like, Hey, have a great idea. Uh, it's gonna go, it's gonna go great for broadcast 'cause we'll just leave the, your channel open to the broadcast the whole time and just, uh, capture all the Madness. Be careful what you wish for.
James Speaker 1: . Touche, my friend. Touche. Uh, well look, thank you so much for taking the time, buddy. We are all super excited to see you returning to an indie car track. Like, let's call it what it is. You've, you've been racing, you've done other stuff, but it's never near us. It's never near so many of the people that have cheered you on and have been there and watched you, you know, succeed, uh, so much here in North America. I know there's gonna be a lot of people thrilled to see that iconic helmet go back on and, uh, be able to cheer for you on an indie car weekend. So I wish you the best of luck. Cannot wait to see you down there. And, uh, and again, thanks for taking the time today. Thanks
Speaker 2: Boys. I'm really excited to do this.
Speaker 1: This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi. Off Track is part of the Sirius XM Sports Podcast Network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Offtrack on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Off Track is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean f.