Speaker 1: This is off track. Hey, Benny boy, what happen buddy?
Speaker 2: It's off track with Hinch and Rossie. Hello?
Speaker 1: There you go. Not the first. Oh, look at him. Look at him. He's a natural. He's a natural on the microphone. Incredible.
Speaker 2: And looking, looking away from it. Just like his
dad. Speaker 1: . It's a noise pal. Makes him noise buddy. Go. Oh, he's, he's floored by this, this new toy.
Speaker 3: Mm. He sure
Speaker 1: Is. What a piece of technology. Well, I'm glad that Ben could join us on our first show of 2026. It sure is. We're not gonna, we're not gonna get a new year 'cause we're gonna do that on Thursday. Um, which we're definitely doing at a totally different time. Wait, Alex, turn your head around backwards. Turn your head
Speaker 3: Around backwards. Sorry. Sorry dude.
Speaker 1: My bad. Yeah. So yeah. Totally different day than the Thursday episode. Uh, welcome everybody. What? Uh, and given that it is the new year, we didn't wanna bug anybody to try to interview anyone fresh off coming back from Right? Like,
Speaker 3: No one wants to go back to work.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, Speaker 3: Exactly. It's just, yeah. So don't, don't wanna start asking. No, we don't. Yeah, exactly. We don't wanna be here. We're not gonna ask anyone else to be here. Ben doesn't
Speaker 3: Wanna be here.
Speaker 1: Ben is furious. Yeah, absolutely furious. So we figured we would take . We figured we would take this opportunity to preview 2026 in the racing sense, uh, across kind of the four major championships that we pay attention to in some way or not. We're previewing
Speaker 3: It or making predictions. We're
Speaker 1: Gonna make predictions. Oh. In a preview style. 'cause like we don't know enough to preview everything. I mean, do you wanna preview it? Would you rather just preview it or do you wanna just make some
Speaker 2: I, I think think we should make predictions. I think we should just funnier. Should put some bets on 'em. Not money. Just dumb things.
Speaker 3: Super legal. Can't do that. Speaker 1: I also
Speaker 2: Recently said not money, dumb things.
Speaker 1: I also just recently made a dumb bet with Alex that I already, you hear
Speaker 3: Gray Speaker 1: You on Thursday and you'll hear all about it. Late and Thursday's episode and I'm, I'm, dude, I'm literally like, I'm seeing my chair shaking. I'm like, oh No, this is Speaker 1: So you have to go first. That's the deal.
Speaker 2: It bad that I was like, wait, what bet. Even though we just
Speaker 1: Recorded that 45 seconds ago. No we didn't. That was last week. No, it's a different day. It's a totally different day.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we haven't done that yet with
Speaker 3: Yeah. And look at the worst.
Speaker 1: Ben was not here, will not be there. I mean on Thursday. Damnit,
Speaker 3: Right? Like Ben, Ben wouldn't be in the the room over. There's no way. No, he's
Speaker 1: On Speaker 2: SI missed the memo on the hats. Is this better? We know that's better. We know that on Thursdays, Ben has jazzer size so he will not be recording with us. Mm. Um, okay, so
Speaker 3: Well let's start with Im za 'cause it comes up first.
Speaker 1: I like that. That's a good start. Okay. Okay. Um, in the IMSA world,
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: You start off with the Rolex 24 Daytona. We can, I mean we could talk about the championship. We could even just talk about predicting Daytona.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough about the championship to predict the championship. So let's just do Daytona. Let's
Speaker 1: Just Daytona I'm Speaker 3: Gonna go first. Okay. Speaker 3: Um, Wayne Taylor racing returns to Victory Lane because quite frankly it has been, they have been absent from not only the championship but from Daytona, which is their bread and butter. Um, ever since the switch back home to Cadillac to gm, which I think came as a surprise to everyone, including them because, you know, they were ultra successful with the previous generation of prototype when it was, um, the first DPI, uh, that came out with Cadillac, I think they won a, like a couple in a row and then they switched to Acura. And while Acura wasn't as plug and play for them, um, I can speak firsthand with the experience. It wasn't as plug and play and, and didn't really suit their setup and Ricky's driving style as well as the Cadillac. Um, they still won a a 24 hour. They won four Daytona's in five years and the past two years they've been nowhere. Um, even with the return to Cadillac, as I said. So I think 2026 is the year that Wayne tail racing is back in Victory Lane with, it's not a bow tie. What is it? It's a, it's a Shield of sorts
Speaker 3: With a, with a Chrome shield. Let's call it that.
Speaker 1: Chrome Shield. Okay. I think that's a, that's a pretty solid, solid bet. Solid guess. Um, I'm gonna go a different route. Okay. They have not been absent as long, but it's been a couple years since Meyer Shanks won. Uh, they had their back to back wins in 22 and 23, but it's been back to back for Penske 24 and 25. And then like you mentioned, it was three in a row for Wayne Taylor before that. So there seems to be like trends and this race and I think that, you know, that organization is strong. They got a cool driver lineup and they have um, an exciting driver coming in for the 24, I should say returning in AJ Alman Dinger. Cool. So that's cool aj? Yeah. Super cool. Cool story. AJ ran with Mike for years and years in that, uh, in that race and was there when they won their first one, I think back in like 2012. Mm-hmm . Uh, back in the Daytona prototype, the original DP era. So yeah, I'm gonna predict for uh, top class overall winner. That's gonna be a Mike Sha Meyer Shank racing, uh, victory.
Speaker 3: All Speaker 1: Right. And GTD Pro, obviously it's gonna be the number nine. Faf. Oh Lord Lamborghini, Speaker 1: What are you gonna say? It's not, are you gonna say it's not? No, I'm gonna say it's insane to try and predict a gt winner with how many of you there are and how much happens. It's also pronounced gtd. There's also like eight
cars Speaker 1: . That's true. That's true. It is a much harder class to predict. Uh, both in pro and GTD, probably even more so GTD. Alright, so
Speaker 3: Separate of, of winners or anything else.
Speaker 2: Is there just something unexpected that you guys are expecting to happen? Well
Speaker 1: Then it wouldn't be unexpected would it? Tim?
Speaker 2: Well, unexpected by most, but not you
Speaker 1: That we expect to happen in at Daytona. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaker 1: I expect, okay, let's, okay, let's make a weird prediction now. Let's make a bold prediction. The predictions, uh, an obscure prediction is that Mm,
Speaker 3: Mine is it doesn't rain once. Not during the roar, not during qualifying, not during practice, not during the race. I love
Speaker 1: That. I would love that. Yeah. If we're doing predictions like that, I'm gonna say the temperature will never be below 68 degrees for the entire two weeks
Speaker 3: Night. Why wouldn't you have gone 69 night?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't dunno. I was just being, I was just trying to
Speaker 2: Number, I was just gonna say, um, Ferris wheel's gonna break down. Someone's gonna get stuck there for two hours.
Speaker 1: Someone's two hours. Okay. Two
Speaker 2: Hours on the Ferris wheel.
Speaker 1: Say I think that Connor Zi will have the fastest lap of the race and throw that out there as a random one.
Speaker 3: That is a, that has a very interesting prediction that I think Right. Could be correct
Speaker 1: Because like you gotta beat some pretty good guys in that class to, to have that lap. Yeah,
Speaker 3: Well you do and you don't. You do because you have to beat some pretty good guys. But most of the pretty good guys, all those guys
Speaker 1: Pushing Speaker 3: Aren't Yeah, exactly. Connor so's gonna be hell bent on going as fast as possible at all times. I like it. I look forward to reading the big pillar data afterwards. Uh, okay, so after that next we have Daytona 500.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yes. Speaker 1: So I'm going to, okay, I'm all, okay, let's do it. Let's do 500 predictions. And I think for NASCAR we should make a like a Hail Mary championship prediction too. For 500. I'm gonna say Kyle Larson Boring.
Speaker 1: Boring but
Speaker 3: Boring. Why is it boring? Because you're choosing like the best driver in the field. But he's never
Speaker 1: Won the Daytona 500. Right? So he's got multiple championships now. He is won a lot of stuff, but he is never won Daytona. So it's like, it's like, you know when Joseph hadn't won Indy, right? It's like the, one of the best guys who have not won it. So I like Larson for Daytona. And then along the almost exact same lines, I think Denny Hamlin wins the championship.
Speaker 3: My bold prediction is Denny Hamlin wins the championship after halfway through the season while leading the championship. He announces his retirement.
Speaker 1: Ooh, really a that's your bold prediction. I like that. Mm-hmm I like that. Okay. Okay. So we both have Denny win the championship. Uh, I think it's just a weird sort of karmic poetic justice thing. Everything that he's been through personal life obviously, you know, so sad what happened to him and his family and condolences to them for the loss of his dad And wish that his uh, mother's recovery continues. Everything that happened with the court case. Everything that happened in the championship last year, you know, uh, this is Denny's year and the universe is gonna gonna shine upon him. I think I also think I'm gonna throw out like here's my really bold one. You, okay, so yours was Denny wins, but you're like out there is that he's gonna announce his retirement. My out there one is gonna be, uh, guess what? It's gonna be a similar theme till my last one. Connor Zi will be in the championship four. I think he'll be, he'll go down to the final.
Speaker 2: I wonder how you can get Connor into IndyCar and F1 predictions too. I just wanna see how you can make it all work.
Speaker 1: I do think my bold prediction for the future of the Indy 500 is that Connor Zi will run it within the next three years.
Speaker 2: Okay. Speaker 1: And then I predict that Cadillac F1 will hire him as a sim driver in the next three years. So there you go. Connor Zi is involved in everything that we're talking.
Speaker 3: So speaking of F1, 'cause that starts before us. What's your F1
Speaker 1: Impression? I think it does actually, I think we start before that. No, because St. Pizza at March 1st, I think we actually win that war.
Speaker 3: Wow. First time Speaker 1: Ever their testing starts. Yeah. I mean they only finished racing like three weeks ago, but Yeah, No, I just figured they would still beat us back to being
Speaker 1: Play . All right. Indie car predictions. Champion 500 winner. Go.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna go that route. Okay.
Speaker 1: Don't go that route. I didn't want you to go that route
anyway. Speaker 3: , I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Kind of feels like you did wanna go that route.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. I just, I thought it was fine. Supposed to say that because
Speaker 2: You expressly asked it, you Speaker 1: Told me to say
Speaker 3: We are, we already Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you listen to Mes ago a couple episodes ago, we covered the fact that we thought Palolo was gonna win the championship again, just because nothing's changed, so, right. I don't really want to keep beating that into the universe. Okay, . So just go back to previous, go back to previous episodes. I don't feel comfortable trying to predict a 500 winner because obviously it's gonna be me and I don't wanna talk about that. That's fair. So, um,
Speaker 1: Who's gonna win Long Beach ?
Speaker 3: Uh, Speaker 1: Also you Probably willpower. Mm
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Willpower and an andretta at Long Beach. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I so yeah, so bold prediction. I was chatting to a, a colleague of mine who, I'll, I'll leave nameless in case he wants to say this for himself, but he was like, I predict a willpower win at St. Pete. 'cause Andrei cars are very good at St. Pete. Will's got like more polls than every, like everyone else has one poll. He has like 10 there, right? He has owns half the poles in the history of that race. He's won it a bunch of times. We know how good those cars to be. Colton probably should have won that race last year if it wasn't for a bad pit stop. So, and he's in the car. He's in that car. That's an interesting pick that I, I don't hate the sound of,
Speaker 3: Um, my prediction is before the end of the season, we have an international race added to a calendar. Oh,
Speaker 1: And wait, you mean
Speaker 2: For next year they're gonna say announce it or It will be this
Speaker 3: Upcoming season for 2026. But for 2027,
Speaker 2: Just make it Speaker 3: And my uh, next prediction is the 2028 car will be
delayed. Speaker 1: .
Speaker 3: Oh no. Oh, I hate that. He is probably right. .
Speaker 1: I don't even, I don't even wanna comment on this. I don't even wanna talk about this right now. Yeah, you do. No, I don't, I don't. 'cause I, again, you're putting it in the universe and I don't want it to be true. It's not gonna be true.
Speaker 3: I don't want it to be true either.
Speaker 1: 2028 car's happening, Alex, it's happening and it's gonna be great. Yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: The 28 28 car will be sick in
2031. Speaker 1: . Well, at that point we might as well call it like the 2024 car or whatever it was originally designed. Yeah. Oh man. No. Okay, so let's, uh, how about, how about, I'm gonna go with a, um, I'm gonna go with a mixed Schumacher podium for the end of the year.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go, this is my final one. Honda stays. Oh, I
Speaker 2: Hope so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna, I'm gonna also just put that in the universe. I like that one a lot. Let's, uh, let's bank on that. Um,
Speaker 2: And finally, Dixon into coin Happens.
Speaker 1: Dixon the coin is finally happening. We know that. We've been singing for years. Sorry,
Speaker 2: Sir Dixon.
Speaker 1: Sir Dixon, how about that?
Speaker 3: Pretty cool. I'd clap but my hands are full. Yeah,
Speaker 1: You got a kid there. That's, I mean guys, how many indie car drivers have been knighted? I assume,
Speaker 3: Assume how Speaker 2: Many assume PJ Chessen.
Speaker 1: Don't think so. Speaker 3: Ignited by
who? Speaker 1: ,
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, Speaker 1: That's anybody at this point. Yeah. . It's probably still a pretty small list. Uh, super impressive, well deserved. Congratulations Scotty. Yeah, super cool honor to get All right.
Speaker 3: F1. Okay, final Speaker 1: F1 Final series. Um, my, I have two predictions. Okay. One is Max wins the championship. Number two is a first time race winner. Well, a person who will be winning the race for their first time wins that set race before Lewis wins a race next year.
Speaker 1: So you think there will be a new first time winner before Lewis wins his next race
Speaker 3: For, for example, Haja wins a race before Lewis. Right,
Speaker 1: Right, right. I'm trying to think of what those options are. Actually, I'll, I'm gonna go with you on that because like you've got Antonelli and a Mercedes who are touted to be pretty strong. You've got Haja in a red bull always good.
Speaker 3: Who knows, who knows what hos could be? Who knows?
Speaker 1: I dunno. Yeah. Yeah. I mean, Williams, you could have Alban winning a race if Williams nail it. If,
Speaker 3: If as if Aston is as good as they say they are and there's a weather race, Lance could win. Yeah,
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. We've seen weirder stuff. All right, I like that. That's a good one. Um,
Speaker 2: My, my F1 prediction, Fernando Alonzo continues to not retire.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure That's a good one actually, pal. I think if, uh, I feel
Speaker 2: Like he's permanent.
Speaker 3: I think if the first four races aren't good, he, I don't know if he'll make the end of the
year. Speaker 1: . Speaker 3: .
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a shame. Dragovich finally gave up that reserve driver role. Yeah. Because he might be getting half a season, uh, whoever that person is now, but, um, okay, so my, I'm gonna go championship. I'm gonna, you're gonna love this. Uh, I think George Russell's got a shot because here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Boring Speaker 1: If Mercedes, how's that? Boring? He's won like five races. First time champion. Speaker 1: Yeah. First time champ. Boring. Oh, okay. Just Because he's so boring. He said
Speaker 1: Max for staffing. Dude, he's
Speaker 3: So boring.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not me. My, it's not my prediction that's boring. It's, you thinks
Speaker 3: Boring him as a person. Got
Speaker 1: It. Okay.
Speaker 3: Like, it infuriates me how good he is at driving a race car.
Speaker 1: He is very good at that. That is an undeniable fact. And if Mercedes kill it with the engines, they've got that advantage. But then you've gotta out develop McLaren, right? 'cause they've got the same engines and they're obviously hitting on pretty, pretty well right now. So, I don't know. I think it's gonna be between like Lando Oscar and, and and Jorge. But you
Speaker 3: Don't think Max, you don't think Max is even gonna play? I
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe that the engine can do it. I just dunno. I just dunno.
Speaker 3: You know, they hired an aggressive amount of people from Mercedes specifically
Speaker 1: And there's already been like a scandal about the engines and how both Mercedes and Red Bull have found like a pretty massive loophole. Yes. So yeah, if that doesn't get closed, then yes. You, you might be onto something there. You might be onto something there, but yeah. Dude, what if Aston Martin's just amazing? 'cause you got Newey and Honda just kills it. It's
Speaker 3: Well, they very much, they very much could be. Which would be, it would be cool. It would be, it would Cool. Cool to see Fernando one more time. Yeah. Winning races in a competitive
Speaker 1: In contention. Yes. I agree.
Speaker 3: 'cause he, he has been on the wrong side of like the team swing for a decade and a half, right? Yes. Yeah. Like just missed it by a couple years on either end. And it'd be really cool for it to come right for him at the end. Like I just feel like that would be a cool story.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree. I think that'd be awesome. I don't think it's potential. Like I, my, my bold one could be Fernando Alonzo wins a race in 2026. Cool. I think that could be pretty cool. There you go. So those are, and
Speaker 2: I think my boldest prediction for 2026 off track turns a
Speaker 3: Profit. I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go one higher. I am gonna bet you, Tim, that I can find a way to get James to ride a hundred miles on a bicycle . If you did that, I'd run a half marathon. I so would I if I did
Speaker 1: That, I would get, I would get Alice to run a half marathon.
Speaker 3: If, if if I can get him to ride a hundred miles on a bike, I'll run a half marathon .
Speaker 1: No, we agreed that you gotta run first. That was, now you're giving away the whole point of listening to Thursday. God damnit . Oh man.
Speaker 2: There's no point in listening to Thursday's episode. We're still heavy in the off season.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's a bold prediction for 2026. Tim actually does his job and we have some live shows. Let's
Speaker 2: Talk about it on Thursday. Let's set one up.
Speaker 1: Let's do that. Speaker 2: Tune in Thursday. This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi. Off Track is part of the Sirius XM Sports Podcast network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Offtrack on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Off Track is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean f.