Speaker 1: This is, is off track.
Speaker 2: Remember how James is ing off in The Bahamas on Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay. So we're recording a little late on Monday. And, and James is, uh, is late.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Late. Just late or Tuesday. All, all of our things are scheduled around James, it would seem, I spent all day with James for his charity . Um, and it's now eight 20 on a Tuesday. Uh, I just came from the IMS museum, which if you have not been yet, I didn't actually, I was in and out. I just had to do a quick little thingy, Bob. Um, and I didn't see it all, but the glimpses that I saw it is, wow. It is. How we going?
Speaker 3: I was supposed to go with somebody. We're just
Speaker 1: Going, eh? Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, when you're 21 minutes late. Yeah,
Speaker 1: I'm six minutes late and it's because my laptop was not in the room it was supposed to be in. Thank you very much. Mm-hmm.
Speaker 2: Anyways. Sounds Speaker 3: Like excuses 'cause not our museum. Museum is very cool. Very,
Speaker 3: Very cool. I was, uh, I was supposed to go see the museum last time I was in indie, but, uh, someone bailed on me.
Speaker 2: Oh, who? Doug? You. It was Easter
weekend. Speaker 3: .
Speaker 1: You was gonna say, who was he talking about?
Speaker 3: I, Alex was gonna take Hazel and I at the museum Friday.
Speaker 2: I was gonna see Hazel and you to the museum on a very, um, not, uh, public situation. And it was Easter weekend.
Speaker 3: So, okay, let's start off, because we heard all about the 4 29 golf outing from Deep U on the Tuesday episode. How did it go?
Speaker 1: What was that? I wasn't there. So what happened in the
episode? Speaker 3: . Well, you invited Deep U on the show and then also didn't show up for that .
Speaker 1: I don't see a problem with this. This, this show is a group effort and you guys also both know Depu and so it's,
Speaker 3: No, it was a great episode and it was better without you, if I'm being honest. Uh,
Speaker 1: Yes. No, I, I have not yet listened. But I actually had several people, uh, during our golf outing today mention that they heard the episode and that they, they were very, they were thoroughly entertained by, uh, depo's performance on the show. So I'm going to listen back to it because I can't miss that. It sounds just
Speaker 3: Terrific. Um, you know what though? You missed Tuesday. You were late on this one. Your picture's going down .
Speaker 1: Cool. Your picture was never up in mine. . So not really offended by that. Um, do
Speaker 2: Actually, actually have a picture of him.
Speaker 1: We've been over this. He's got pictures of all of us.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. I know that. Do you actually have a picture of Tim though,
Speaker 1: Like in general
Speaker 2: That you would, a printed one that you could display?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't have a printed one. No, I don't have a printed picture of like, pretty much anybody but Becky, to be fair, I don't really print a lot of photos.
Speaker 3: I got the frames for this then printed the photos.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I also feel like as a parent you just inherently print more photos. That's like a more regular part of your It's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I have, I've got printer paper on, uh, like photo printer
Speaker 2: Paper on deck. So, so, but why just to display them? Because like, it's not as though you need a photo album in this day and age. Uh,
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, no, it's for frames. One
Speaker 3: To display them and then two, you'd be surprised how often you need those for school projects. Mm-hmm. Because it just isn't the same when you print it on regular paper. Right. Um, right. Okay. So golf outing went well. Did you guys, I don't know, raise blood or whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we raised a lot of blood. That's, uh, that was the goal of the day. No, the, the, yeah, the outing was great. Alex, I'd love to hear your opinion on it. We were in different, uh, groups, foursomes, so we did not get to, uh, interact a ton. It was a cloudy day that turned into a rainy day. We had a delayed start, which then turned into like, what, five holes in. We had like a pause for, we had a red flag for rain, uh, further, you know, further making me dislike golf. 'cause red flags should only happen in racing. Um, but it was good. I thought it was good. I thought it was a great turnout. I thought it was a decent amount of fun as someone who's done like one of these things ever. Uh, Alex, I'd be curious to know what you thought of, of the
Speaker 2: Day. Well, I've done exactly one of these things ever. Um, so you took my golf out in virginity. Uh, so congrats. I thought it was fantastic. I don't know. I don't, I mean, I don't know. I'm the wrong guy to ask. I thought it was great. I don't know what they're supposed to be like though, so. Well, no,
Speaker 1: I was just asking if you had a good time.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I I was not happy in the beginning. Like, I don't, I don't like golf enough or am good enough at golf, uh, to want to play soaking wet. No. In life. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: No. Speaker 2: Um, that was not, I was not happy. But then the sun came out and it was a, ended up being a pretty nice day and then I was enjoying it more. Um, so yeah, no, I think, I think it was organized incredibly well. I thought the e everyone had every amenity and, and I thought that was the right amount of people. Like no one was really waiting on anyone. It went by quickly considering we had rain delays. Ten five stars, 10 outta 10 no notes. You can't control the weather. It's not your fault. We were making jokes though, like at the beginning of the day. It was like <inaudible>. It would've been really nice if Rick Meers could have led 428 laps And only 1 28 to
Speaker 2: Yesterday was, yesterday was beautiful. And, uh, today was not that. But, uh, no, you, congratulations. Great work. Um, obviously for a cause very close to your heart, which we already talked about a lot of why that is on Tuesday. And um, yeah. Bravo, James. I can't wait for next year, dude. Uh, you better not invite more people though 'cause that was enough for me. No,
Speaker 1: No, no. That's like the thing is it, there's the reason it's, oh, it doesn't say invitational on the hat, but it is called the 4 29 Invitational. It's an invitational event and we are not gonna expand it because even though we could make more money for the charity, which ultimately is the goal, we want people to want to come back or else it kind
Speaker 2: Of defeats the purpose. Yeah. We have less fun. So that's also the goal.
Speaker 1: There's a balance. There's a fun thing. If we could do
Speaker 2: Raising balance, if we could do it though, like, I mean, we really need to talk to Indy car because having it on the Tuesday of a race week is not awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well for the drivers Speaker 2: That were there That weekend, as in this weekend when we're racing in Barber is never a race weekend. This
Speaker 2: Is Rev weekend, right? It's usually, it's usually our derby Rev double weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Correct. So, so this I hope was an anomaly that we can, we can rectify this issue and next year it won't be a, a problem and we can have more drivers come and have a great time. Um, and I do also wanna shout out, well, I gotta shout out Steven Bischoff because he did a lot of planning. Okay, cool. Um, the, uh, we had a bunch of good, great partners. Firestone was one. Andy Racing experience was one which were very, uh, relevant to what we're doing here. Juice, head juice, head juice heads. Mm-hmm .
Speaker 2: Juice, head, Speaker 1: Head, uh, big supporter. Thanks for that. Um, so yes, I think, I think everyone was very, like, the amount of comments that I got, they were like, dang, halfway through to have like a vape station was legit. It was like just free, free, like everything, whether it was hangover, like all sorts of stuff. Hangover like, uh, liquids or whether it was your, um,
Speaker 1: Although I've gotta pouches by b one.com is still where to get your hangover stuff. But that's you, your
Speaker 2: Nicotine pouches, your vapes, your new tropics, everything that you could want they had in their tent and they were offering it for, uh, for
Speaker 1: Customer. For frizzy, yeah. For a five figure discount. Like, I, I'll be honest, I I had seen the sticker on your helmet. I knew they were a partner. I honestly had no idea what they did. And I rocked up to that thing and was floored. And like, I feel like I, I dunno, I'm not gonna name names, but like, someone on my team walked up and was like, oh my God. And grabbed like four things and threw 'em on the counter as if like, how much? And they're like, no, no, no. Like these are all saying like, you can just take all these, he was like, what? He was so blown away.
Speaker 2: But in a way more British accent.
Speaker 1: definitely not gonna mention who on the team? Oh, I guess nobody knows who was on my team. Well, maybe they do. 'cause I'm sure he knows about it.
Speaker 3: He tweeted about it. He tweeted
Speaker 1: About it. All right. Anyway, yes, you can deduce who it was, but somebody, somebody was very excited about the vapes and, uh, stuff and all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: We'll keep his, we'll keep his identity anonymous. It will be, no, there's too many of that. It's w Buxton, right?
Speaker 1: It starts with a w and ends with Ill buxton Anyway, um, sorry Tim, what were you gonna say? I
Speaker 3: Know I don't really, uh, partake in vapes or anything like that, or smoke or even play golf, but, um, my FOMO is kicking in. Can I get, uh, can you guys add like one on the invitational for next year?
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go. Here we go. She wants more free products. I, you know,
Speaker 3: I'll learn how to play golf. I'll buy a ticket I'd, I'll learn how to play golf in the next
Speaker 1: Year. Um, here's the thing, it, everybody that was, uh, agreed and signed up for year one does have the first rider refusal for year two. So you need
Speaker 3: Yeah. But like, I saw some people that were there. You guys don't need them. I, I have a list of people you can cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But so, but they were there.
Speaker 3: No, no. But like did Speaker 1: You, were not, Again, I'll cut that, but Speaker 1: Just bleep it out. Uh, yeah, we do because he showed up. So if you wanna talk, just if you wanna talk somebody into not coming, um, oh God. That would be on you. Um, but yes, I'm excited. Um, next year we already have great ideas. This one started kind of planning pretty late. And I will say that the only person that has worse FOMO than you was Scott McLaughlin, who really wanted to be there as a big golfer. Um, but he was Becoming a US Speaker 1: Citizen, texting us a lot, but the thing, yeah. And he also had like an appearance and he had sort, he had stuff going on, but, uh, yeah. Um, Alex, how did you play? As
Speaker 2: Long as I wasn't on a tee box pretty well. Yeah,
Speaker 1: Dude, that's hard. I don't know how to do that very well.
Speaker 2: I still don't. I still don't. Yeah. Like I've, I, I've gotten to the point where I can, like, before I couldn't even hit, I, I could not hit the ball with the dryer. It would go three feet. Yeah. Now I can hit the out of it, but I cannot control where it goes. Right. I, at all, it's really, really bad. Um, anything 170 yards in. All
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, dude, seven iron. I can play seven iron from a buck 20 to a buck 70. That's just my club for that range. And I can get it roughly where I need to go and hit it pretty straight outside of that, I, I can, like, I'm, I'm good at chipping and I'm good at a seven iron. It's about my, it's about my, my maximum right now, which is not great for, for golf. I
Speaker 2: Mean, I'm, yeah, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did, uh, I did Jake. I did break some. So one of the things I don't like about golf and there's many, is like all the rules and the etiquette and I always feel like I'm doing something wrong on the golf course. Right. And one of 'em is obviously you don't talk during somebody's the game. What's that?
Speaker 3: So like the game, like the rules and the etiquette, the game,
Speaker 1: The etiquette, like the rules of the game is one thing, but like the, and like in the country clubs you have to have tucked in shirts and colored things and you know, wing tip shoes and I don't know, there's all sorts of dumb rules. Anyway, talking on someone's backswing is a big no-no. So as I was driving by the very first tee box and Alex was teeing up right in the middle of the back s swing, just screamed four as loud as I could. And man, that ball did not go far, . It was great. It was so good. It was so good. Bobby and I,
Speaker 3: And look, Alex looks over it. He looks fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he definitely, definitely seems like, definitely seems like he's over it. Um, so, so one of the, one of the guys on my team was Rob Wickens. And, uh, article, uh, we tracked down the only, um, like cart for paraplegics in, uh, Indiana, I think. And had it dropped off and like, I'd seen Robbie play on these things online or whatever. Dude, it's, it's super cool. Like, like I've seen him do it on Instagram, but like he's like, he can, he can whack the ball pretty good. Like it's pretty impressive how to do it. And he has to do it left-handed, which he was not left-handed before. He's not naturally a left-handed guy. And it was very cool. So props to Zionsville Golf course who lent us, uh, his, uh, cart because that was awesome and that he got to come and play. Um, the trophies were pretty badass. You didn't stay for the trophy part, you had to go.
Speaker 2: I did have to go, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Um, the, the custom bourbon bottles with the tournament logo and then all gas, no breaks written on the side and etched into the bottle was pretty fun. Mm-hmm . And then the, uh, the trophies that were made by Tom from Cold Hard Art, who is friend of the show, um, were awesome. And he did those like super short time. So that was greatly appreciated. Yeah. Look, it was a great event, man. And we raised a bunch of money and I'm really excited. Um, so yeah, can't wait to do it again next year. Hopefully in better weather, hopefully on a weekend or a weekday that doesn't clash so closely to a race weekend and we don't have to deal with that stuff. Got it,
Speaker 2: Got it. Good. All right. Um, well done, James. Last week. Cars were on track at IMS, which is, uh, a very welcome site and sound, I think for everyone. Uh, so we talked last week about how it was gonna be a pretty unique test because for the first time, like ever outside of Fast Friday and very specific manufacture tests, we were getting the qualifying boost, um, before the month of May. So kind of getting somewhat of a preview of, of what's to come along with another day and a half of testing, which has your normal kind of guys, you know, starting off trying to do some, you know, SS single car stuff to, to try and get a understanding of what this their current car for the year is gonna do by itself. And, you know, building the confidence to start getting into groups. And the groups start very small and then by the end of day two it's like a mini practice race and, and that sort of thing. So, um, I, I wanna first start off by saying I was pleasantly surprised with the speeds. Um, I was really expecting the cars to be a good chunk slower, um, with the hybrid, not because of the weight, um, just because of the, the parasitic drag that exists in the gearbox. 'cause the power is having to go through another essentially input shaft and, you know, it's, it's more moving parts that is pulling power from the crankshaft to the wheels. And that being said, um, the, the fastest no to speed of, of the, the two days was Kuma and it was a 2 3, 2 7. Um, which I'm sure that wasn't even all of the juice and everything that either Raha had or Honda had. So I think it's gonna be just as quick dude,
Speaker 1: It's not like, dear God, it's like a real shame that he bought that thing up because that is an insanely fast no to time. Yes. For, I mean, that was like, it wasn't a, it wasn't a four lap run or anything, so I don't think what the fall off would've been, but like, God, that's a big lap for that, that stage. Um, okay, so pleasantly surprise, the speeds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. To, to everyone. Um, the, the balance and the feel of the car is a different conversation is kind of exactly what we all expected, but in terms of the actual just pure speed, which is very important in my mind for the fan experience and for the people that aren't qualifying weekend, you do not expect anything less than potentially still, you know, being the fastest field in Indy 500 history. So that's really, really cool.
Speaker 1: Talking about the, so, you know, talking about the race side, um, you know, we obviously had some conversations about the, the concerns of the extra weight and whatever in race trim. Um, we had a very fortuitous two days in that it, it was probably the most representative, uh, conditions that we've seen at the open test maybe ever, in terms of what it's gonna be like or what it usually is like during practice week before, uh, qualifying weekend. So given that it wasn't like super, you know, cool with nice cool track temps and whatever, I thought the racing quote unquote, when guys were kind of mixing it up in a group didn't look too dissimilar from what we've seen the last, you know, basically since the arrow screen. So from your seat, how different was it in traffic when you're, it looked like, you know, first and second could still swap from third back. It was harder and you know, from fifth back it was impossible, but that's not new. So in that scenario, how different was it compared to the last couple years
Speaker 2: On paper? What you're saying, uh, is no different, um, what you're having to do when, when was the last time, I know this was both during Qims, so take it with a grain of salt, but when was the last time in a test you saw two cars write, write themselves off?
Speaker 1: Um, yeah, it's been a minute, right? It's been like the manufacture Kid air was probably the last time I saw that. Right.
Speaker 2: Long time. Um, and the reason for that is what you're having to do now because again, the, the biggest ever since the arrow screen you, you nailed it. Um, the, the car and the components that exist in the Speedway configuration, IE the front wing, the Speedway Tire, um, a couple other things are overloaded and overworked and they are not robust enough to handle the amount of weight that is on the car. I, I don't care about location at this point. I don't care about CAG, I don't care about anything. All I care about is just pure mass. Um, and as you know, James, like the, the, the changes in the way that you had to approach the setup was all towards kind of reducing this exit under steering traffic and just the only reason you couldn't run close was 'cause just the front would give up and there was just nothing you could do. Like, you'd feel fine and you'd have the run and then the front would just take off up the track. You have to lift not the crash. Well, as the years have progressed with the Arrow screen, like teams have, like, you just are accepting that you just have to get more and more and more aggressive and way more free and neutral to just be able to have a chance to be close to the cars in front of you. So 2025 hybrid, I don't care where it's placed, I don't care what it's doing to the weight distribution, it is just more weight on the car, which these components, which have been unchanged, can't tolerate. So the only way around it is you just have to get so aggressive with how you're setting the car up. And it's, it's just, it's a, it's, it's a piece of like, it doesn't feel nice to drive anymore. It's a handful. Like I, my, I had some of the best teachers ever when I came over to IndyCar in 2016 from an oval standpoint, and that was Brian Herda, Michael Andretti, Ryan Hunter, Ray, Marco, Carlos Munoz, like guys that were hooked up, right? And everything that they taught me in the beginning was, you know, when the rear of the car starts to move, when you start to have moments like you need to pit and change something because you'll always catch it once. It's the second, it's the second catch you're not gonna get Right. And has stuck with me forever on all ovals, not just indie and like, it's benefited me pretty well, I think throughout my oval career. Now that doesn't exist. Like you have to just drive through snaps. Yeah. And you just have to drive through a super neutral, like weird feeling in the middle of the corner and just live with it. And that's, it's, um, it's not enjoyable. It's like you're tense, it's frustrating. Um, but that's the only way that you're gonna follow cars. So to answer your question, no, but the guys behind and, and this is what sucks about motorsports, the effort that's being expended already in April, just to do practice group running is already at a level that I feel like you were at in the race last year. Like, you're just having to try so hard and take chances to get a run on someone and to stay in, in touch with someone that, you know, you were doing in a race situation last year and you're doing in April this year. So I think the race is gonna be intense. It's gonna be, there's gonna be a lot of mistakes that happen. Um, but yeah, the only way that you're gonna survive 2, 3, 4 cars back is just to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and hold on, and, and just suffer through it. Make it work.
Speaker 3: Dumb question on that. Um, if, if, if it's that much harder to just stay in the toe, does that mean there's gonna be like more discrepancy between the talent of drivers and make things more racy? Or is that just gonna make it that much harder to pass and make it more of a possession?
Speaker 2: No, because everyone is good at this point. So it's not like the talent separation is not, and like what you're gonna see is it's the same that we've had the past couple years. If a guy makes a mistake, you'll get a run. So it's gonna be who makes the least amount of mistakes and who has played the chess game, right? To be in the top two, two cars in the last eight laps. Like that's really all it comes down to. Um, so no, I don't think that it's gonna make a separation any bigger than what we've seen.
Speaker 1: It's funny, I I was rewatching last year's race a couple weeks ago, a month ago, whatever it was. And what you're describing, I think is beautifully kind of personified in, uh, a beautifully captured with paddles onboard of the last like 15, 20 laps. Mm. He was just having to drive that thing like so on the right rear and was just catching it four times a lap for the last 10 laps. And it looked awful. It looked, it's, it looked so unfun. Like you say, 10 tense is the best way to describe it to somebody because when your car's doing that, right, if your car's handling well, you're, you're turning into the corner. You, you've got confidence in the rear, right? As soon as it loads up the front's responsive, you're, you're, you're making, you know, minute corrections and adjustments the whole way through the corner. You're unwinding the wheel and driving the car off to the wall and everything feels very in control when it's doing that. Your grip on the wheel just gets so tight and you are like, you're hesitant with every move you do, you're almost fighting yourself. If you put a little more lock in, it's like you're left hand's almost like how much though? Like, let's not, you're pushing up with the right, but you're also kind of pushing up with the left and you're just waiting till you're at the wall to try to let yourself let your hands go and, and, and catch your breath and relax. And it is exhausting when you're doing that for, you know, over a hundred laps in a, in a place like this. Um, the, the thing I was really wondering was, I know we kind of talked about hybrid strategy for qualifying runs, but how did you know, how did you find the hybrid as a tool to use in traffic? Was it it
Speaker 2: Isn't on, Speaker 1: It's not, it's, it's Not a tool, Speaker 1: It's just not Okay. I I, I, most, the majority of the passes that I completed, I was passing cars while Ning, because the goal is, so you use the hybrid to like help finish the little last bit of suck up. And you have, you have the run already with the toe and you pop out and the run is so big with the toe anyways that you can regen because you're trying, it's, it's futile. But you're trying to do something to make sure that on the exit of two you have something.
Speaker 1: Right. Right. But so but only, but you're saying that you are using it to help that run and then once you pop out you've got enough momentum you can reach it.
Speaker 2: No, you're using, you can, you would get the run either way. The run's coming not because the hybrid is being deployed.
Speaker 1: It's Speaker 2: Not, But, but, but surely the run's better because you're deploying the hybrid. Like it's four seconds of 50 horsepower, 60 horsepower, whatever. It's surely that's better than just a good runoff of
Speaker 2: Four. The cars also using
Speaker 1: Great point.
Speaker 2: Like it's no, it's not, it's not
Speaker 1: Okay. But if you catch a guy, let's say the guy used it on the back straight,
Speaker 2: They would have it by four.
Speaker 1: They would just regen by four.
Speaker 2: Well no, they would just regen themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But like you can, that's like, you can get it done that quickly, right? Like if you're
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. You can go from zero to full from entry of one to the short shoot between. Yeah. I mean it's a corner.
Speaker 3: Well I think this is good though to talk about the testing. 'cause this will come out on the first day of May. But before we go too far, there is racing this weekend too. I feel like we should maybe there
Speaker 2: Cover that one. There's one thing I wanted to say. Also, don't end our, it's may Tim don't end our Indy 500 chat. Yeah. For before talk Barbara for 20 minutes. Like can we,
Speaker 1: I have 20 minutes left.
Speaker 3: Okay. Two things. I was just trying to save people from having to listen to more really in-depth conversation on the hybrid and regen and if it's gonna help at the indie lab or not and all that. And two, I wasn't talking about Barbara, I was talking about my race.
Speaker 1: What race? Speaker 3: Doing the half marathon on Saturday. What's that? Speaker 3: Fair enough. All right. Back to Indy. Good. So you were, you were saying Alex,
Speaker 2: I was saying, uh, I was gonna say something and then Tim was such a, um,
Speaker 1: Okay, you keep thinking Speaker 3: I learned it from watching
you Speaker 1: . You keep thinking on that in the meantime, while you're figuring that out. Tim, how's your half marathon training coming in? Oh
Speaker 3: No, I, I didn't actually wanna talk about it. I was talking about Barbara.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no. Now I, now I wanna know. I'm
Speaker 3: Still really slow. You
Speaker 1: Did a 12 mile run the other day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was terrible. Speaker 1: That's almost, you should have just kept going for another 1.1 miles then be like, now I don't have to do the mini, The 12 about did me in. 'cause uh, we don't have have humidity out here in LA or not much of it. And I did that 12 miles back in Indianapolis when it was like 86% humidity. Didn't
Speaker 1: You do it in the rain?
Speaker 3: Rain thought it was gonna die. It was also a little rainy at first, but then the rain died.
Speaker 1: But was that just sweat when you sent that photo afterwards?
Speaker 3: It was a good amount of sweat. A lot of that was sweat. It looked
Speaker 1: Like you'd been through a hurricane.
Speaker 2: So how do you, all right tip. So like how do you, what what, what is your goal here?
Speaker 3: Finish. Speaker 2: And you don't have a time? No. Speaker 1: Do you have like a finish without having to walk at any time? Kind of goal? Yeah. No, I'm not gonna walk it. Speaker 1: Okay. No, not walk it. I'd like, I'd be happy like 10 to 11 minute miles.
Speaker 2: And what do you think, like what do you like what do you think you'll do?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Oh, what do I actually think? Prob hopefully closer to 10 and a half minutes than 11 minute miles. So that that,
Speaker 2: What, Speaker 1: What was your pace during your 12 miler?
Speaker 3: We don't need to go into that. We
Speaker 1: Do. It's important.
Speaker 3: It was really slow. It was really slow. How slow? Uh, I actually, I don't even remember, but I'm not gonna check. You
Speaker 1: Do remember.
Speaker 3: I don't, but I'm not gonna check.
Speaker 2: I remember, I remember you mentioning it and it was like in the 12 minute range.
Speaker 3: It was, it was pretty slow. It was pretty slow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay. That's fine. Um, what is the thing that has hurt the most during the training for said half marathon?
Speaker 3: It's just boring. It just sucks. Being out there running every step just sucks.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's horrible. But like physically, I haven't had like, shit splint or any,
Speaker 3: And my knees started to finally hurt this last weekend, but I got those like neat things that wrap up and that seemed to help. I regret starting this topic. It's a break. I was joking. I wanted to just talk about
Barber Speaker 2: . What do you wanna talk about Barber?
Speaker 3: I mean, we're going into it. It's gonna be, you know, any preview. How are you feeling with a new team going to attract that you love so much? Someone gonna, someone said how of the broadcast is going center around Georgina. You know, the questions that too much people wanna know too much. Way too much.
Speaker 2: Too much. They're already, they're already like previewing it every single day. Um, all right, well here we go guys. Uh, we're going to Barber, uh, we did test there, uh, two. I mean how long ago was St. Pete at this point? Two months ago? Um, and ECR R'S been strong at Barber historically. Um, and we were pretty good at the test. So I feel like none of that matters because it's IndyCar and it's probably a different tire. But, uh, yeah, I think that we are, listen, I've talked about it on the show. We knew street courses were gonna be hard. We knew the road courses were gonna be pretty decent for us. We're very excited about this stretch of the calendar being Barbara, indie GP and the 500. Yeah, so this is the first one of three where we think we can be really good and it's nice that we have the test, so we're kind of gonna be able to just get straight down to business and we've got most of our questions answered. So that'll be, that'll be nice.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I feel like statistically speaking, the three best tracks for ECR are barber, indie, GP and the 500.
Speaker 2: Without a doubt. Speaker 1: Yeah. So is it like, awesome to have them all back to back to back and hopefully just get on a really awesome momentum run? Or do you kind of wish they were a little bit more sprinkled? Not saying that you won't find pace other places, right, but like knowing that those three are like your really good odds going In. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would you rather do a little over the season or you're just like, bam, let's all, let's hit 'em all and just try to keep it rolling?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Hadn't thought about, I don't know. I hadn't thought about other options. Um, I'm just gonna, I'm not gonna think about that. It doesn't matter. I can't control it. I'm just gonna ride the momentum wave and let's see how far it can take us, you know?
Speaker 1: I love it. Mm-hmm. I love that For you. Um, does the fact that you hate Barbara temper the team's expectations at all going into the
Speaker 2: Weekend's? That boost to mean
Speaker 1: We just know it's not your favorite place.
Speaker 2: I've been on the front row of Barber James. I I can go fast at Barber.
Speaker 1: I didn't say you couldn't go fast.
Speaker 2: There's enjoy doing it, but I can do it. I
Speaker 1: Didn't say you couldn't do it. It was purely a, an enjoyment factor.
Speaker 2: No, it's funny 'cause like I think I've, I think I have qualified there. I'm not, I think this is my qualifying record of Barbara second eighth and then like 18th 21st, 21st 23rd, 23rd, 25th, 25th. So like, yeah, I see what you're saying. Um, hopefully it's, it's single digits. 'cause like Yeah, that'd be, that'd be nice. It's easier what it single ditches good. Unless you willpower and then you just magically turn 17th place qualifying into the top fives every weekend, but whatever.
Speaker 1: Or, or you just win, which he's done a fair amount there. Yeah. Um, or you just Scott Dixon and you just come second, which is also a good day
Speaker 2: In perpetuity. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah. I wonder if, yeah, I wonder if he can do it. Um, yeah. Alright. So have you guys, have you guys gotten into spring cleaning yet? Have you, do you do spring cleaning? Is that like a thing?
Speaker 2: Well, I cleaned a, uh, squirrel outta my house today.
Speaker 1: Another one? Yeah. Did he chew a water pipe again?
Speaker 2: So I think this, Hmm. I don't really, um, I don't really understand the situation of this girl. 'cause he didn't come from a wall. He was just in the house. So I feel like it was more a door.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Must have been Speaker 2: A door situation. Yeah. Um, but man, I tell ya, not understanding what was happening and hearing two dogs chasing a squirrel inside. Most comical thing you could ever imagine. Because for them, best day of their life, this is great. This is like finally it's inside. Nice Kid. Inside right now we have a chance.
Speaker 2: You're in our, Speaker 1: You're In our house now . And this poor little guy, um, evaded the dogs and then got into my office into a, like a media cabinet in one of the like holes in the back That would be for wires.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Speaker 2: And he was just in there and thankfully Brenner is determined. Um, and like refound him and then we finally Oh, like you lost track of him for a
Speaker 2: Second? Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Yeah. Like for a while we thought he was gone. And then Brenner was like, no he ain't Dad got him.
Speaker 1: I got one of these. And Speaker 2: So, and so I opened it thinking he was crazy and then he grabbed it and I had to like pull his neck away and I was like, you have to drop the squirrel.
Speaker 3: Best day for the dog. Worst day for that squirrel. Stop.
Speaker 2: It was such a cute little baby, little squirrel. So he goes, I got him in a Tupperware thing. Okay, check this out, get him out the door, the dogs are inside. I open it up, the little squirrel runs immediately across the street
Speaker 1: As far away from your house as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Don't Speaker 3: They have dogs across the street? Yep. So my dog who, uh, runner very good boy. Um, most of the time in terms of like, he doesn't leave
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm .
Speaker 2: Apparently he knows how to get out of the gated property. And so ran to his little secret place and the next thing I know Kelly and I are looking outside and he's on the street going to the neighbor's house, chasing the squirrel. And this is like a good two and a half minutes after he watched the squirrel go. And he is like, dad, I'm, I'll get it, I'll get it. I know you up and let it go. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I got it guys. Speaker 2: I know where he went. And so we finally got him back in the house. We were gonna take him for a walk. And so we like let him out. Took like we were gonna meet him at the garage and get their leashes on. We let him out the front door. Sure enough, look out the window again. He's out on the street, just nose to the ground, just sniff, like trying to track the squirrel down. I'm like, bro, you need to let you A impressed. B let it go. B. So did we figure Speaker 2: Out how's Cleaning? Did we figure out how he's getting out of the gate?
Speaker 2: Uh, no. Speaker 1: So he did, he did it twice. So we just don't know how he's doing it. No, it's like a little Houdini doodle.
Speaker 3: Honestly. No, he's earned it. He's earned it. That's his, he's
Speaker 1: A, he's a oodle Oodle oodle. Um, oh wow. Okay. I have
Speaker 3: A, I have a funny dog story. You guys already know part of this. So I was giving Teddy a bath today and I live in a very old apartment. This place, this place was built in the 1940s. The, so some stuff's just really old, including the bathroom door. So anyways, while I'm giving Teddy a bath, the door handle to my bathroom door just fell off. locking. Teddy and I in the bathroom. Luckily I had my phone, so I called maintenance. It took maintenance like 45 minutes to get me out. But in the meantime I was just bored locked in the bathroom with the dog. And when weird stuff happens to me, I call Marco Andretti on FaceTime and when he answers I say, you know how <inaudible> just kind of happens to me? And then he laughs and I launch into the story. So I called him, he answers, I tell that story. He goes, so you're locked in the bathroom? Yeah. I was like, yeah. He is like, you've been there for half an hour. Yeah. He goes, isn't that crazy? And he just turns the camera over to Mario and Michael sitting there too. . And it was like,
Speaker 1: I had called Speaker 3: Just to share that story with you, not the president of cars, not Mario. Andretti. . Like I would like, So I look, I gotta say man, occupational hazard of FaceTiming that's you did that. He did not ask to FaceTime you and trick you into it. You just kind of put it out there in the world. Just call him like a person or text him like you did us. I also
Speaker 3: Like that he was like in a, in a room with just his dad and grandpa and was like, hang on, Tim's FaceTiming me. Obviously I have to take this. No, won't step outside.
Speaker 1: Well no, because he assumes it's gonna be something embarrassing and he wants to share that with, you know, Michael and Mario. To
Speaker 3: Be clear, I would've FaceTimed you guys with the story, but I knew you wouldn't answer. I just know Marco's a better friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's not because we were on the golf course. Uh, I mean I took several calls on the golf course today. Uh, yeah. Yours I would not have answered. That's fair. Alright,
Speaker 2: James, spring cleaning. We know, we know Tim's friend with Andrettis. It's cool. Yeah. James,
Speaker 1: Subtle name drop. Um, yeah, so we decided to do it this spring and, uh, I gotta, I gotta tell you, we, it's, it was a lot of, it was a lot of stuff that we have extricated from our lives. Well, we haven't yet procured. It's no opposite. We're
Speaker 2: No, but throughout your life you have procured a lot of,
Speaker 1: A lot of garbage, a lot of trash. And, and we have like a, like one of our garages is now just full of stuff and we're just waiting for like the, the 1-800-GOT-JUNK or whatever to come by and pick it up. But in and amongst all the boxes that I found in my attic, I found myself this nice nifty mug, which I do think we should make more of.
Speaker 2: What are you drinking out of that? Like tap water?
Speaker 1: Uh, it's tea. I'm Speaker 3: In a bed. Bourbon, but Tea. Well, no. Well, no, it's tea. I also found these handy dandy off track coasters. Oh,
Speaker 3: I thought that's what that was. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is pretty, pretty neat. Uh, we have cool stuff guys. I, I, I like what we've done in this world, although we didn't, we don't sell these. Somebody else made these for us and I forget who, but I appreciate
Speaker 3: It. I think I commissioned those.
Speaker 1: Did you? Speaker 2: I think so. Back when you used it, it was worth for this show, I
Speaker 3: Mean, well, let's go back to being mad at James. He was the late one. I don't wanna be on that. He, I don't wanna be on the bad side of this Alex in a bad mood. I don't wanna to be catching flag
Speaker 1: Ever since you just ended our indie talk. Mm-hmm. And then name dropped the whole Renny clan. Yeah. Yeah. Like you're, you're on thin ice, my friend. All right. Just calm down.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a five minute episode after I cut all this .
Speaker 2: Anyways. Um, barbers this weekend. Someone once said, uh, IndyCar viewership optional. Let's not make it optional. Let's make it mandatory. . Let's, uh,
Speaker 1: I gotta say I got, first of all, please. Who said that? Nobody said that. That's not a thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who said it was very funny? damn thing. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. I don't like it at all. I'll tell you what I do like though. I do like the number of people that like, after your call to Arms, pre Long Beach about just watching on multiple televisions, how many tweets we got of people like taking pictures of multiple TVs in their home. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just had it. Well, imagine what it would've been if we didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think we, we really helped boost that number. Mm-hmm . Mm-hmm . Uh, which is, which is terrific. Yes. Barbara this weekend. Uh, excited to see what happens. Golf is still not my thing. What else? I think that's it.
Speaker 2: Hybrids are way quicker than we thought they were
Speaker 1: Gonna be. Hybrids are quicker than we thought they were gonna be, but the racing is exactly what we thought it was gonna be the same so far, so not worse. Which is the same. Worse. Yeah. Not worse. Yep. Yep. And I think we just recapped the episode in 30 seconds. So if you were smart, you skipped to the end. Got the recap. Oh, and Tim thinks he knows how to run
Speaker 2: And Tim thinks he's the andretti's best friend.
Speaker 1: And Tim got locked in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Just be mean to me day, I guess.
Speaker 1: Bye guys. Thanks for, thanks for watching, listening. Whatever you did on your Apple Watch or ew, just gross. This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi. Off Track is part of the SiriusXM Sports Podcast network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Offtrack on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Offtrack is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean f.