Speaker 1: This is off track. Well, guys, um, this is Tuesday episode. This is gonna be a short Tuesday episode because James, uh, has to jump on a flight to Europe. I am still in California and have to jump on a flight back to California, or sorry, back to Indiana. See, I don't even know where I am or what I'm, where I'm going. Um, so, but we wanted to do a Tuesday episode and I felt obligated 'cause I haven't done many of these lately. Um, so here we are. It's me and, uh, your favorite producer, Tim. So, basically the worst two people on this podcast decided to, uh, entertain you on your Tuesday. So, hello.
Speaker 2: I'm, I'm curious where the comma fell in that sentence. Was it me and your favorite comma producer? Tim. Your favorite producer, comma Tim. Favorite
Speaker 1: Producer comma. Tim
Speaker 2: Noa. Your favorite producer? Tim. As in like your favorite producer who's also named Tim?
Speaker 1: No, no. Favorite producer, comma Tim.
Speaker 2: Got it. Okay. Yeah, I'll take it. I'll take it . Okay.
Speaker 1: Because that Speaker 2: Could have been worse. I mean, it was dripping with sarcasm in, in lives.
Speaker 2: Look man, I'm gonna take whatever compliments I can get.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, looking like you do what,
Speaker 2: What is that hat by the way? You've worn that the last couple episodes? I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Um, you know, it's, it's, uh, it's just a big hat backing American Eagle and Sydney Sweeney. 'cause you know, okay. That seems to be the, the topic of the day. No, this is, uh, this a hat I got in Hawaii. Um, it has to do with the Maui something or another.
Speaker 2: I like it. Yeah. So did I tell you what I did for my hat
Speaker 1: Fires? No, you don't wear hats.
Speaker 2: See, okay. I can never find hats big enough for my head. I found one hat big enough for my head. I left it somewhere, which is why I can't get it right now. It's at a friend's house. Sure. I found one hat big enough for my head, but it's just black. It has nothing on it. They don't make it with anything else. So I got that hat and then I bought an iron on wing and wheel from IMS and I ironed on the wing and wheel onto the hat. So now I have my own IMS hat that actually fits my head.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you haven't 3D printed your own hat yet.
Speaker 2: Oh my God. That's a dad. That's not a good idea. That's, that would be the least comfortable hat in the world. But I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: You, you could get some of like the sticky padding put on the inside of
it. Speaker 2: . I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Um, so we, uh, we didn't really have an idea for an episode. So Tim decided to consult the robots. Yeah. Um, robots.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm gonna chat. GPT for it.
Speaker 1: The, the robots. Uh, do you pay for the premium? Chad, GPT By the way,
Speaker 2: There's like two levels of it. There's like the $200 a month one, which no, uh, I don't, but then there's like the $20 month one, which I think I signed up for a while ago. Yeah. And I just still do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm, I'm the same. Yeah. Um, we
Speaker 2: Should split a subscription.
Speaker 1: It, it knows no bounds and we should split a subscription . Uh, so one of the ideas that it came up with, and I think it's actually quite good, is, um, a draft style game that, uh, Tim and I are gonna play. And if it was cool and Tim, you know, was good at his job, you know, he could put on some graphics overlying, like, as we announce our picks like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, each of us. Like they could pop up. Yeah,
Speaker 2: I can do that.
Speaker 1: It could populate. So, um, essentially the premise of said game is, let's say there's a, there's a crisis, global crisis, and you are stuck inside a racetrack. You're in a, you're in a bus lot. What, five individuals from the paddock. It does not have to be a driver. Um, what five individuals from It doesn't
Speaker 2: Have to be a driver. Okay. I thought, I thought we were going driver on this.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, do you want it to be driver?
Speaker 2: No, no. Let's do, let's do paddock, because now I got one in mind, but I'm worried you're gonna snag 'em. First
Speaker 1: Five individuals from the paddock. This is your top five people that you want to be there. Um, you got
Speaker 2: Four, eight hours Speaker 1: Throughout the experience. So, uh, it could be for a variety of reasons. Entertainment, their cooking skills, um, I don't know what other skills you would need in the 48 hours. Uh, Somebody to hang with. You're gonna be, you're gonna be stuck. And it's specifically 48
Speaker 1: Hours in bus. Isn't isn't that amount of that much of a time. Let's
Speaker 2: Bump it. It's a week.
Speaker 1: It's a week. It's a week. Okay. And it's not in a bus.
Speaker 2: Let's make it, let's make it a bus.
Speaker 1: Oh. So forget the robots. We're just gonna do our own, we're gonna do our own track. I, I saw
Speaker 2: It said in the motor home.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Speaker 2: Uh, to be stuck with one. Okay. Trying it. Yeah, you're right. It did say track. I misread. It's okay. Anyways, but
Speaker 2: The, the, the, he, the subline said stuck in the, stuck in a motor home with
Speaker 1: Whatever, whatever, just, uh, you're, you're the guest for today, let's call it. Um, so you get to go first. So I go first and why? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to go first. See, you know, these guys better than I do. I'm gonna go Brian Herda though. Okay. I feel like whatever situation we're gonna be in, he's gonna be able to like, think of ways to
Speaker 1: Strategize. Yeah. He's gonna
Speaker 2: Strategize our way out. Or at least strategize like, he'll, he'll be the guy to like make the plans for how we're gonna get through everything.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting. Okay. Um, I'm gonna go Ed Carpenter. Um, okay. Not because I'm obligated to by any means, um, but because I've spent a lot of time with that guy, we've traveled a lot, um, via small airplane. Uh, we've dealt with some pretty intense situations here and there. Um, and he's, he is one of those guys that always comes up with solutions, pretty calm, under pressure, know you can trust him. Um, so
Speaker 2: He's, and I feel like you guys have very sens similar senses of humor too, because
Speaker 1: Like Oh yes. Oh yes. Because
Speaker 2: He kind of need that. I mean,
Speaker 1: He's, I would say he's even weirder than me in terms of the sense of humor, if I'm honest with you. Um, so yeah. But yes, a absolutely, we we, we get each other. So, so Ed's gonna be, uh, he's gonna come in. I'm not gonna rank these in an order that he's just gonna be my first pick, but that doesn't mean he's okay. The number one.
Speaker 2: And I'm assuming, you know, we're, we're not ele like you can't pick me 'cause I'm barely in the paddock and I can't pick you 'cause you're in that motor
Speaker 1: Home. I mean, I also would never
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's, I mean I would like to say that it's because you're not
allowed Speaker 1: .
Speaker 2: First of all, I'd be a great hang. I'd bring an Nintendo 64.
Speaker 1: You would obviously be on the list. Um, alright, you're
Speaker 2: Up. Uh hmm. See, I'm tempted to go hinch 'cause I feel like it would steal it from you, but I actually don't know if I'd want to be stuck with Hinch for a week. Hmm. I think I'll go, I'll go Hinch. I'll go Hinch. Just, just for having somebody kind of fun to be around
Speaker 1: If you're, I Speaker 2: Dunno what survival skills he brings. Sure. I mean, I don't know, but he, he, he's a problem solver. He's a go-getter. Um,
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of Pizza Hut points, right. So I feel like he gets a set of a jam food wise.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's Papa John's. Papa John's,
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: So if you're gonna take James, then I gotta take Connor. Um, Connor for literally, I don't think he'll be of any help. No. In he'll
Speaker 2: Be a detriment Speaker 1: In any situation, but he will be fun. Um, so long as he has enough insulin. I think that's the only, the asterisk next to Connor is Connor plus insula. Yeah. This came up in that movie. Uh, this is the end. Yeah. Mm. . Oh shoot. Okay. This is harder. This is harder than I thought it would be.
Speaker 1: Sure. Speaker 2: Um, I'm gonna go Patto. Okay. Speaker 2: I feel like Interesting. Do you know Patto
Speaker 2: Not well. Okay. But all my interactions with him have been pretty good.
Speaker 1: Is this 'cause you need someone that speaks another language
Speaker 2: Just in case. Okay. That would, that's part of it. But you got a few Spanish speaking guys in the grid. I feel like he knows his way around food. The guy's a foodie.
Speaker 1: He knows how to purchase it.
Speaker 2: He, he's got good taste, I'll say. So
Speaker 1: I don't think you're gonna be able to go to Nobu when you're stuck.
Speaker 2: That's fair. He'll have good, he'll have a good supply of pajamas, so we'll be comfortable.
Speaker 1: Eco-friendly bamboo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And, and as you've said, they're very comfortable pajamas and he ships those himself. So I gotta assume he just has like a trailer full of them. Mm. So I'm, I'm guessing there's at least one pair in my size. Um, and you know, if we need to go steal some supplies from you, I feel like he would be the guy to do it. I think he would be the one to step up to, to go steal your stuff.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting. Okay. Well here's the thing. Like, you have taken two of my picks. Okay. , which is, which is a little frustrating 'cause Pat is gonna be next, uh, on my list. Um, and here's the reason and and I'm gonna choose, I'm gonna choose someone I wouldn't necessarily have chosen off the top of my head, but do you agree that ultimately your best friends in life are the people that you send reels to the most on Instagram? Okay.
Speaker 2: I'd I'd say that. Yeah. Speaker 1: Right. Which those are your, those are your closest people, right? Yeah. So it is, I mean, aside from Kelly, it is Tim, James, Connor, our friend Steven and Depu, right? Mm-hmm . And then it is. So those are, those are people, like those are people that you would expect if you had to guess who I would be sending reels to. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. It would, it would. Right. Who would you think is next? Patto. Patto. Patto is one of 'em. Okay. I'm gonna bet somebody you've been a teammate with Rosenquist.
Speaker 1: Dude, Felix and I talk, we don't, we don't talk . The amount, the amount of communication that we have per day is borderline insane. Like he is, he is the second most person that I send things to next to my wife.
Speaker 2: what type of, what's the genre of real
Speaker 1: Not gonna tell you that.
Speaker 2: Okay. Speaker 1: I'm not gonna tell you that What I assumed
Speaker 1: , but, but the, and, and Felix and I will, every once in a while we'll cross each other in the paddock or like sit next to each other in a driver's me and whatever. And we solely just communicate based on, Hey, how about that one I sent on Tuesday or whatever, . And it's just like, then we laugh in person. That
Speaker 2: Is wild to me. Yeah. I would never have thought that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Felix, Felix and I are pretty tight in a very small segment of reality. Um, so yeah, so my list so far is Ed Connor. Felix.
Speaker 2: All right. I was, I was gonna go towards Dixon 'cause I feel like there needs to be like the dad of the group, but I feel like I already have that with Brian. You already have that with Ed
Speaker 1: And you have that with yourself.
Speaker 2: I know, but I meant like, not like an actual father. I meant that like, like the group's dad. Um, so I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go outta left field here. I don't know why I am picking this guy. Uh, Lucas, I feel like he just brings a certain level of chaos that I want. I don't have like a good reason beyond that. I just think it'd be funny . Like
Speaker 1: Just the meme Lord, huh? Yeah,
Speaker 2: I just, he'd keep us entertained. He's kinda light. I, I feel like he might not be like the best at problem solving, but I also don't think he's gonna get overwhelmed and panic. Like he's just gonna be a good hang.
Speaker 1: Weird. Okay. Um, I, uh, I don't, I like the guy, the kid, I, I don't understand the pick. Um, number four for me, Brian Simpson, um, he is the, uh, okay. Bus
Speaker 2: Kill Brian.
Speaker 1: He's the owner of Stillhouse Media. Um, great videographer, photographer, all of those things. Um, but also, uh, is kind of in a lot of ways my, uh, my guy at the track. Um, so he does a huge amount for me on and off track and, and helps a lot. So gotta keep him around. Otherwise I feel incomplete.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You're not gonna be able to do a runoff Adam there, right? . Right.
Speaker 1: That'd be pretty bad. And he's, uh, he's, he is pretty in tune with what's going on. Highs and lows. So, uh, buzzkill Brian, number four.
Speaker 2: Okay. Okay. Buzz kill's a good one. This is tough 'cause like I have a lot more of a limited reach of people in the paddock that I interact with than you. Oh.
Speaker 1: So you better make number five a good one, obviously.
Speaker 2: Ucci kidding? Mm kidding. Uh, shoot. This is, this is hard. Okay, let me think about this. Dude, I have no idea. Tony Canon.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you need to bring the average height down or the average nose size up. Like what is, I
Speaker 2: Feel like he's got a nose for it. Uh,
okay. Speaker 1: .
Speaker 2: I don't know man. I, I, uh,
Speaker 1: If so you chose, so you're, you're choosing Patto, David, tk. So at one point all drivers of Tony's. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yep. I didn't, I hadn't even thought of that. Right.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Who else did you choose James? I have also, also in a way, kind of a driver of, so you basically chose pass and present Errol McLaren.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, HERDA was he
Speaker 1: No, but aside from Brian. Yeah. Which is the only non-driver on the list.
Speaker 2: Okay. So here's, and I'm gonna re I'm gonna wreck con why
Speaker 1: I chose, do you just love papaya?
Speaker 2: I guess I'm, I'm learning some things about myself. So what's like, what's, what's the calamity that's forcing us here? Because I feel like if you're really in a disaster situation, having a guy who can survive on 45 minutes of sleep at night feels like a good thing. And like,
Speaker 1: He's really good on a bike in, he's
Speaker 2: Got, he's good on a bike. He's got energy. He's not gonna take up a lot of room. Uh, ,
Speaker 1: He's compact.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like his showers have gotta be shorter. What's, he doesn't have anything to shampoo. So like, we're conserving water. I feel like in, in a pinch. He's my guy.
Speaker 1: That's a really weird choice. Your last two were weird. I
Speaker 2: Wear HOAs. I wear HOAs.
Speaker 1: Your two could gimme a hookup. Your last two were weird. Alright. Um, number five for me. Greg Mosley. Um,
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one. Andrea Auto Sport or Andrea IndyCar. Just,
Speaker 1: Just 'cause I, uh, I mean he's just, he's just great. He, for the same reason I guess that you chose Mel Lucas. He's the guy that you wanna hang out with. Yeah. You wanna keep around? So, uh, knows Mo
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah. For, for people who don't know Greg Mosley, he works for Reti Indy. Um,
Speaker 1: Married Marissa.
Speaker 2: Married. Married. Our good friend Marissa became our good friend. Greg. Fred. Okay. Let's add, let's add an element to this. You get to stick me with somebody. I get to stick you with somebody. All right. Let's just say, because we both probably stick each other with Farci. That's off the table. No,
Speaker 1: No, I'm, I'm no Liz Smith.
Speaker 2: Oh, my ex-girlfriend. Nice. Thank you for that. Um, we're still good friends. We'd get along fine. Yeah. Oh, I know. It'd be great. Yep. Um, I don't know if my current girlfriend would love it. , but, uh, ? No, Liz, Liz I think would be, she's, she's organized. I think she'd be able to like stay on top of things. She, she love Liz. She works great with Brian. She would be
Speaker 1: Great in a, I've know Liz way more than you, or way longer than you have.
Speaker 2: That's, that's fair. Okay. But if we're gonna go, if we're going that route, Liza Markle
Speaker 1: Interesting. interesting. Yeah, that would be, uh, that would, that would, that would have an element to it. Um, your
Speaker 2: Former, former assistant. Yes. We'd both get along fine with them.
Speaker 1: Well, a hundred percent. So Liza, Liza, uh, actually this podcast was pretty much Liza's brainchild. Um, this was her idea way back in 2017 that, uh, me, James and Tim all thought was a complete joke and waste of time. And ultimately it is, but uh, it somehow survived the past eight years, . Um, so, so shout out Liza e Liza now works with, um, Sunday Media Group, which is the agency that kind of takes care of MSR. Um, so she's got a great rep with Felix. Um, and obviously like, man, I, I was, I was with her for six years, so,
Speaker 2: Yeah. Um,
Speaker 1: All good man.
Speaker 2: Let's hope there's no calamity that, uh, that forces us to do this. But I think we got good groups. Who, which group do you think wins in a fight?
Speaker 1: Mine, Speaker 2: Uh, you got, I don't know, man. I have Ed, Brian, uh, Greg,
Speaker 2: You don't think you know. Yeah. Greg's, Greg's a good ringer for you, Brian. I think I got the only, the only one I'd like in a fight is kan on mine. So Yeah, I think you probably do win that fight. Yeah, for for sure. I got lovers, not fighters over in.
Speaker 1: I think your net worth is higher. .
Speaker 2: Well that's just 'cause I'm in it.
Speaker 1: Sure. For sure. Sure. . Um, alright guys, well this has been a IndyCar edition of, uh, of weird draft day segment. Um, but listen, you got on Tuesday episode, we did the best we could. Hopefully next week's better. And, uh, I thought this was great. I had fun. All right, well I'm very excited to see, uh, the comments and also if any of those 12 people listen, um, I hope they're not mad or offended.
Speaker 2: Um, now that we picked ours thing, should I start recording?
Speaker 1: Okay. Goodbye. Speaker 3: This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi. Off Track is part of the Sirius XM Sports Podcast Network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Offtrack on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them, though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Offtrack is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean f.