Speaker 1: This is off track. It's pretty, pretty ridiculous that we're having to fight against a Canadian team in baseball to win the World Series, which is super America's game . I think it's revenge for all of the times that American NHL teams have smoked Canadian teams in the Stanley finals. That's,
Speaker 2: That's fair. Maybe they'll do another, uh, 38 rounds tonight. Or, uh, innings, I should say.
Speaker 1: Lot of innings, lot of innings. Um,
Speaker 2: Anyways, Speaker 1: Yeah, I was Dodgers. I was just at a, uh, I was just at a cross country meet for Hazel and everything was kind of running behind. And, and then like one of the girls that
Speaker 1: Why you're, is that why you're late?
Speaker 2: That is why I'm late. One of the girls was, uh, having a little bit of a rough time after her race. See, that's, it's like 85, 90 degrees here today. 'cause October in LA for some reason. And uh, and then her dad was like, okay, yeah, yeah. I mean, I get it. You tried your best, but Dodgers are about to play, so like, we need to go . And it was just
Speaker 1: Like, I gets it. Like I get it. It was,
Speaker 2: It was a bad day to, to host a, a kid sporting event in la.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Speaker 2: Well, um, That sounds horrible. Yeah. I'm gonna be honest with
you, Speaker 2: . Which part? All of it. .
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. All right. Um, uh, hit me, hit me out. What are we gonna do? Are we gonna do today, pal?
Speaker 2: You put out the, uh, the ask on Twitter, uh, for, for q and as. So I got some Qs You got some As
Speaker 1: I did do that. Let's rapid fire this. Let's, let's, okay, let's get the show on the road. The
Speaker 2: First one I saw, and I'm kind of curious, any updates on Castle Run?
Speaker 1: Interesting. So, castle Run, um, has been shipped off from Kentucky, uh, to New Orleans actually. 'cause he's, you know, he's really into the French Quarter and Mardi Gras and Oh,
Speaker 2: That's like the winter thing Speaker 1: At two phase. Uh, no it's not. It's um, it is, uh, hmm. How do I put this, how do I put this? Is it, is it the glue factory?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no. . Um, let's just say it. It's, it's, it's the difference between Miami and New Orleans. It's
Speaker 2: Oh, got it.
Speaker 1: Like, there's, there's a, there's a certain, there's a certain, um, level of horse that vacations and winters in Miami, and there's a certain level of horse that vacations and winters in New Orleans. So, okay, listen, he is, he hasn't fulfilled expectations. That being said, um, the fairgrounds in New Orleans is where the three of the top five horses in this year's, Kentucky Oaks, which is the, um, the lady version of the Kentucky Derby, three of the top five horses came from the New Orleans fairgrounds. So it is still a stepping stone, um, arena. Uh, they still host grade one races there, so it's not like he's, when I say fairgrounds, it's not like he's going to like the state fair or Got it. Some, some county in, in West Texas. Like he's, he's still in a, in a very, he's still at the same trainer, Sherry Devo, he's still in, in a very good stable. He's just been downgraded slightly, but otherwise he's healthy and hopefully, here's the thing, he should be a really good horse. He just has a massive attitude problem. So maybe New Orleans will, will give him the mental reset that he needs.
Speaker 2: So as somebody asked not to, not to get too off track on this, 'cause I know we have a lot of questions, but somebody asked me this and I realized I didn't know the answer. What happens with your deal with these guys when Castle run retires?
Speaker 1: Get a new horse, bro. Speaker 2: All right, so that, okay. Anyways, speaking of horses, before we get into the rest of this, we're going, you and I are going to the Breeder's Cup, uh, in Del Mar this weekend, which is gonna be awesome. I'm so excited. Can, we can talk about that on the main episode, but I think, uh, I think this is gonna be quite a experience for you because listen, this is like, this is the World Cup of horse races. So you've got horses flown in from Japan, from England. It's the best horses in the world going for, um, the highest prize monetarily in horse racing. Not the most prestigious, obviously with the Derby, but monetarily it's the, it's the, it's the race you wanna win.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty pumped. I've never been to a horse race before. All right, there you go. So now to the other questions. Do you have a favorite racing story that has nothing to do with racing on track?
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting question. I, I hope these aren't all racing questions. Uh, favorite racing story that doesn't have to do with racing on track. Um, I have a few, a lot that cannot be shared, um, but a lot that involve our dear pal, uh, Marco Andretti. So I'm gonna get at that. Okay. I'm sure you know some of those stories.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think so, yeah. All right. Uh, Naomi Packard eight wants to know what's your go-to snack?
Speaker 1: Beef sticks next. Beef sticks,
Speaker 2: Okay. But I feel like I've never seen beef sticks at your house and I see like a closet full of like candy.
Speaker 1: I not a snack this dessert.
Speaker 2: Okay. All right. All right. Uh, if Ben decided he want, or if Ben decides he wants to race, how much will you support him if he does race? Just like, would you want to do like an endurance race co-driving with him as he got older? That's a
Speaker 1: Horrible question because obviously you're gonna support your child in whatever they wanna do, but, um, he has already been purchased golf clubs. He's going to get thrown into a pool here. I mean, pretty much tomorrow, um, he's going to be introduced to every single sport that is not Motors sports. And lemme tell you one thing. He's not getting dressed up in mini race suits and prd around the Indy 500 during the month of May. Like maybe he'll go, maybe not. Maybe he'll stay at home. Maybe. Maybe I watch. All
Speaker 2: Right. Tell me the, but like
Speaker 1: The spelling bee you,
Speaker 2: You get, you get, I don't think it was that dumb of a question because you get to like, it's not a your kid into things. It's not a, it's
Speaker 1: A horrible question because Speaker 2: Got it. Got it. If he wants to race, then I can't say no, but I desperately don't want him to race.
Speaker 2: If you could take one thing from F1 and put it into IndyCar, what would it be and
Speaker 1: Why? Money Marketing . Self-explanatory. . Next.
Speaker 2: What is one thing about being a father that has surprised even you?
Speaker 1: Um, I think the biggest thing is your, uh, well, I think so when you get married, obviously, um, you're making choices with another person, um, and you lose your selfishness from that standpoint. Like, it's like, oh, if I wanna go somewhere and do something this weekend, but the my other half doesn't, then that doesn't necessarily mean I'm gonna go do that. So you, you adapt to that when you have a kid, you realize that all of the decisions that you are currently making here on out will have some impact on that child. And so I think you go from, okay, I need to, I need to be a little bit selfless to make sure that my partner's happy to, oh, I need to make sure that I don't make any wrong decisions here that could potentially impact my child. Which is a, a wild thing that you just, that just comes, I mean, you can speak to this being a dad. Oh,
Speaker 2: A hundred percent Viol fault would be, when did that click for you?
Speaker 1: Oh, immediately Speaker 2: Because for me, like I realized well after the fact that I was doing that, but it, it hadn't like clicked that I was consciously doing that, if that makes sense. Like I was like a few months in and I was like, oh yeah, okay, now I get it like, I've been doing this the whole time, I just didn't know it. Yeah. Yeah. I mean I think it's, it's human nature, right? I don't think you have to think about it that much, but that realization is like, wow, this, this means some.
Speaker 2: Um, and now to go to one that's equally as serious. And my favorite question we've gotten so far, would you rather, for the rest of your life, fart confetti or sneeze glitter ,
Speaker 1: What's the difference between confetti and glitter? They're one just smaller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess like glitter would be smaller confetti's more paper based, right?
Speaker 1: Versus what, Speaker 2: Like glitter's like plastic based, isn't it? I guess Speaker 2: I feel like my answer would be, I would rather sneeze glitter. I think it'd be more uncomfortable, but it, like the frequency with which it would happen would be a lot less. Well, you're a big farter, huh?
Speaker 2: Significantly more than I'm a sneezer. I don't think anybody sneezes more than they fart .
Speaker 1: Like I know I sneeze a lot. .
Speaker 2: Okay. Well then I guess you're going, you're just going built in toilet paper.
Speaker 1: I Speaker 2: You have the white. What a Question. What a question. I don't know. There
Speaker 2: Was a follow up question to that tweet where they just asked why would you ask this ?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. That is fair. That is
fair. Speaker 2: . Okay. Um, back to Ben stuff. What show or movie are you looking forward to showing Ben when he gets older?
Speaker 1: What show or movie am I? Look, I haven't, I don't know that I've thought about that. Um, about,
Speaker 2: For me it was Harry, Harry Potter, like right away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Um, yeah, I don't have that any connection. I don't have a deep connection to shows or movies. Um, I have thought many times how excited I am to take him to, uh, Disneyland or Disney World for the first time.
Speaker 2: Like Speaker 1: That. That's very exciting to me. Um, but shows, movies, I don't know. Probably just the, the classics you grew up with, you know, your, your Lion King, your Monsters Inc. Lady in the Tramp, that sort of thing. Number one, Dalmatians. I just saw, like, I just saw an ad for Zootopia too, and just like non ironically, it was like, oh hell yeah.
Yeah. Speaker 1: , I mean, Zootopia forgetting Sarah Marshall, Mr. And Mrs. Smith, black Hawk down, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can't forget Deliverance all the kid classics. Right?
Speaker 1: Right. it.
Speaker 2: I've told you that story about deliverance with my mom, right?
Speaker 1: No. Speaker 2: So we were driving to go whitewater rafting when I was a kid and she pulled over to ask for directions because it was like pre MapQuest and all that. And she couldn't understand the guy in North Carolina at the gas station. She was like, oh, it's just like deliverance. Which shockingly went over the heads of all four of us in the backseat of the car. Me and my three brothers we're, we're young. She goes, oh yeah, you guys haven't seen that. So she just went and rented deliverance and showed it to us, which was messed up for a couple reasons. One, we were about to go whitewater rafting. Two, I was six years old. Hmm. So Speaker 2: That's the story of how I saw deliverance. Okay. Sorry, Speaker 2: I off track. Did You remember it?
Speaker 2: Uh, I, I remember squeal like a piggy.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Okay. Speaker 2: On a seven hour road trip with all the IndyCar drivers, who are you not letting have the ox cord and why? Seven hour road trip with all the IndyCar drivers.
Speaker 2: I feel like you would just am steer that bus into the wall.
Speaker 1: Who am I not letting, I mean probably someone French. .
Speaker 2: Okay. . Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And I feel like that Speaker 1: Also covers the why . Yeah. Yeah. I don't know. I feel like I would be scared of letting you have it 'cause it should be big booty mix the whole time. Yeah. Well those are bangers. Um, alright. I have a lot of questions Tim. So I don't know what list you're reading from, but I'm gonna, I'm gonna rapid fire some of these I have. Okay. We must be a hundred of them. Um, is being a pilot rewarding or is it just means to a way for you, oh, this is, okay. Interesting. Well, I see what you're doing. Uh, what is the most interesting documentary you have seen lately? Ooh. Well, I mean it's not really a documentary, but that whole Ed Geen story. Oh yeah. Monster stuff. Wild. I haven't seen that yet. Okay. Very disturbing. Um, back to the pilot question. It's a, it's a means to a end. Not really way, I guess way It makes sense, but, um, it's, it's enjoyable but meh. Um, amazing. Congratulations to seven on getting her first podium of the weekend. That is awesome. Oh yeah, I'm saving that one. That's good one. How many times have you gone to the Cracker Barrel next to Daytona? Well, I've raced Daytona won two, six times. You're there for roughly two weeks each. So that's 12. Well, no, that's 14 times six. I mean, what is that? 84 days? So, uh, probably 50 times . Um, if you could add any tracks, I'm not answering that. What motivates you? Um, trying to be better every day. Would you rather fight? I'm not answering that. If you could play one song through the radio on the opening lap of the 500 to get you hyped up, which song would you choose and why? Oh, um hmm. Uh, something by Creed. By Creed. Yeah. Um, another Indy 500 win or an ECR IndyCar Championship. Ooh, that's tough. Uh, well definitely not by Christian. So, uh, let's go 500 . Um, if you could fly any plane for a day, what would it be? And YF 35 obviously favorite Disneyland ride would be Splash Mountain. Are cold brews meant to be served warm or hot? Whatever your little heart desires. I'm not talking about Watkins Glen, would you do Dancing With the Stars and do you think Hinch was robbed the wind? No, I don't think Hinch was robbed the wind. He got beat by a child and would I do it? No. . Um, if you could design the upcoming regulations, what would you create? Well, I would create a car that was significantly lighter than the current one with probably 200 more horsepower. If you could swap lives with any animal for 24 hours, which one would you pick? And what's the first thing you do? Dolphin. Fight a whale. Do you like apple Sauce? I would say any of Ryan Hunter Ray's dogs.
Speaker 1: Do you like apple sauce? Yes. What was your favorite part of the amazing race? Going
home. Speaker 2: .
Speaker 1: Um, what was your favorite and or the hardest clue you've had to solve in an escape room? Man, Tim, you'd have to help me with this.
Speaker 2: Okay. There was one escape room where we went where it was just like constantly they would hide the little key boxes that were magnetized that we always had problems with. Hmm. Does that count as hardest?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Speaker 2: So I just felt like we would get caught up on those. We always did really well on the ones where like we had to be on opposite ends of a wall and like one person had to do the action, the other had to describe what to do. Yeah. I felt like we had good teamwork on those. Yeah, I agree. What do you think the largest animal is that you could beat an MMA style match? Uh, parrot. .
Speaker 2: Did you say a parakeet? Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you could do a little better than a parakeet.
Speaker 1: Okay. A parrot, uh, strand on an island. What five things besides wife and Hinch could you not live without? I
Speaker 2: Think we have to add Ben in that. Just to be obvious.
Speaker 1: Mm-hmm. Yeah, that's fair. Could Well, I mean honestly nothing
Speaker 2: Air conditioner, but good.
Speaker 1: Ooh, good shout. , air conditioner. . I don't know. Yeah, you bugs Spray. I feel like you would
Speaker 2: Make work with pretty much anything else?
Speaker 1: Air conditioner, bug spray, , I mean electricity. I guess running water. If you were simply a racing fan, who of the current IndyCar field would be your favorite driver And why would it be Patto? Well, it would be Patto and we know why because he's the best
Speaker 2: And he very rarely s in a race car. Not never, very rarely.
Mm-hmm Speaker 1: . Mm-hmm . Mm-hmm What is your go-to drink of choice when not driving? Of course, I would say a Negroni. I'm big on Negronis lately. What is your opinion on the theory that the moon is a mass hallucination? True kidding. ? It's not true. I mean, we never went there, but it's not true. Oh, okay. . I mean it's a projection, but I'm kidding. Kidding? I'm kidding. The moon is real. Look at it. It's so big and pretty. You know what,
Speaker 2: Actually we should just start. Let's lean into it. 'cause I feel like all these conspiracy podcasts make way more money than we do, so let's just, it's true.
Speaker 1: I feel like we'd need to find a new conspiracy though. Like that one's been done.
Speaker 2: I've seen the one online going around that birds aren't real. I wanna buy into that one.
Speaker 1: Birds aren't real. Birds Speaker 2: Aren't Real. What are they?
Speaker 2: Unclear. , Speaker 1: But other flying animals are like owls. I haven't done a lot of digging on it, but I promise I will by Thursday's episode.
Speaker 1: Okay. Alright. Well guys, that's 20 minutes of, that was a rapid fire q and a with Alex and Tim, so thank you for your last minute questions. We appreciate it. We are sorry that James was not able to make it. We are sorry that we don't have a guest. That being said, we have three guests lined up. Not altogether, but we have three guests lined up for the next couple, few Tuesday episodes. So tune into those if you are interested. If not, that's also fine and we will see you on Thursday.
Speaker 3: This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi. Off Track is part of the Sirius XM Sports Podcast Network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Off Track on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Off Track is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean f.