Speaker 1: This is off track. God, I wish I was eating something right now. Just to make Tim mad. Tim, is that like a sweater that says indie, but in like NASA font?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it from the, uh, Speaker 3: Eclipse moon thing. Yeah, The eclipse at IMS. Yeah,
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. I remember. I remember that. Yeah. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: It's, it's frigid here. It's uh, it's like 59 degrees, so
Speaker 1: It's hilarious. I'm not gonna
Speaker 2: Do anything crazy like shut my windows, but I am gonna wear a hoodie.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious you say that. 'cause I was literally about to say how I'm wearing like a sweater right now, even though it's so obnoxiously warm and indie for the time of year. And it's cooler than
that. Speaker 3: .
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaker 3: It's been a lot of ob rain though. Obnoxious.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be this warm this time of year. This is like, this is like mid spring. Does that,
Speaker 3: And why is that a bad thing? Why is that affecting your life in a negative way?
Speaker 1: Because you have to have winter, proper winter for a winter amount of time. Or else you don't appreciate spring, summer and fall.
Speaker 3: You weren't here when it wintered. Like, no,
Speaker 1: Dude. I was So when it was like minus 10 your temperature, Uhhuh . I was absolutely here. Oh. Although I'm pretty sure it's doing it again this weekend
Speaker 3: And like, no, no.
Speaker 1: Next week we're, Speaker 3: We're above our snowfall totals of like the past four decades already. Well, no, no. That can't be right. Four decades.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm . Speaker 1: The last couple years have been weak sauce though, when it comes to like snowfall. It's been pretty sad, pretty pathetic. I'm telling you, it's like since the sixties we haven't had this amount of snow by January, whatever. Yeah. But
Speaker 1: I don't want to be Speaker 3: Done like for the year. I'm just saying, my mom
Speaker 2: Always talks about the blizzard of 72. Does
Speaker 1: She She always talk about
Speaker 2: It's, that's a big, that's a yes it off. What I'm saying is that's like a big thing in Indianapolis history
Speaker 3: Was the blizzard of 72 before January 6th. You <inaudible>. All I'm saying is from this point, look it up in the season, we are ahead of snowfall totals of the past four decades.
Speaker 1: Why was that plural? I didn't say it. I'm not agreeing with him. That should have been a singular. And anyway,
Speaker 2: It was Blizzard of 78. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Way off. Speaker 3: Okay. Way off. Whatever. For something that comes up a lot. Anyway, guys, this is not a Thur. This is really starting off like a Thursday show, but this is not a Thursday show. This is a Tuesday show. I
Speaker 3: Mean, this could be a Thursday show and then we could just record the Tuesday show later. Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Good point. Just cut that part Tim, just cut me saying that because this is a good start to a Thursday show.
Speaker 2: Okay. Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm gonna leave it in. Speaker 1: Well, man,
escape Speaker 3: . I'm gonna be wrong. About
Speaker 2: 72, 78. This is, this is what you get.
Speaker 1: Oh God. Yeah. Happy New Year guys. I guess. Um, it's, you, you know what? You brought up your mom. I just wanna reiterate how much I love her.
Speaker 2: Don't about that. Speaker 1: Um, , no. Becky and I watched a movie last night and the, the two main characters names were Joan and Larry. Huh? What movie? Uh, eternity with, uh, miles Teller and, and Elizabeth Olson and Du LEAP's boyfriend. Huh? That's how he was introduced To me, knows who that is.
Speaker 1: Nobody does. Other than it's
Speaker 3: The guy that probably Dua Lipa
Speaker 1: Dating Dua Lipa. Yeah. I feel bad for him.
Speaker 3: She probably knows, but Speaker 1: He's an accomplished actor in his own right. But that's just how everybody knows him, I guess. Bryce of Dayton Famous, I suppose Patto Patto wants slid into DPA's dms.
Speaker 2: Did Speaker 1: She Slide back? That's a least surprising thing I've ever heard. Mm-hmm .
Speaker 1: Mm. Yeah. Speaker 2: What is, what does Pat's DM sliding game consist of? Does he like, do the ball emoji I and be like that? Oh, sorry. Wouldn't I can't tell. No, Can't tell you that. I I've, I've seen, I've seen some of it. It's uh, it's bold. He's bold. He's, he's got, he's, you know, he's not a shy guy.
Speaker 3: Let's just say, um, there's no, there's no confusion about the end goal.
Speaker 1: the intention. Speaker 2: Okay. Okay. So he's aggressive on and off the track. All right. . It's just his nature, man. It's just his nature. Yeah. Well, that's probably not something we should dive into in any capacity.
Speaker 2: No, no. I think we should go at length into this
Speaker 1: Whatsoever. Um,
Speaker 2: Let's have him back on, let's talk about his dm. This
Speaker 1: Is, we can have him back on. I don't think he's going . He's, he want No, he wants a relationship guys. He's, he's, uh, he's telling me he really wants to settle down. He wants to find somebody. You know, you
Speaker 2: Remember when Connor Daley did that thing on the radio with Smiley, where it was like the Bachelor on the radio. We should, we should get, uh, we should get Patto to do that.
Speaker 1: Weird start to the show, guys. Happy New Year, as we said, first show of 2026.
Speaker 3: Six six. Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah. I Mean, it'll actually be the second show. 'cause this is our Thursday episode.
Speaker 1: You idiot. That's true. But we're talking about it. We're gonna, that other episode could be filmed at any time before the new year. After the new year. So nobody really knows when it was filmed. You're
Speaker 3: Right. You're right. 'cause we won't be wearing the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna turn my hat around and you're gonna turn your hat around and Tim's gonna take off at toupee. And then, uh, nobody will be able to tell that we're doing this on the same day. So how is everybody's holiday break in Christmas and New Year's and all that stuff? Wait, we talked about Christmas, didn't we? Mm-hmm .
Speaker 2: I think covered. So we haven't talked about New Year's.
Speaker 1: No, we haven't talked Speaker 2: About New Year's. Um, I actually have a bit of a funny story about New Year's Eve. So also You Hazel's birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. As you guys know, it's Hazel's birthday. Mm-hmm . Um, so I rented out a room at Speedway indoor carting. Mm. And had a bunch of the cousins and, and Hazel's uncles and aunts and, and just like people that she knows in Indianapolis over, and we went go-karting. And one of the guys who works there, I think his name was Andrew, was like, really cool. But he was like, oh, what's up? I
Speaker 1: Have a question.
Speaker 2: Okay. Speaker 1: Whose idea was it to go go-karting? It Was Hazel's Speaker 1: Follow up question. Um, how is it that your daughter keeps getting cooler and yet you are still you? Unclear. Unclear. Yeah. I, yeah, I maybe it's like a reverse Dorian Gray thing where there's just like a painting in an attic somewhere where I look awesome. It's like all the cool goes to the painting. Please see, the painting version of me wouldn't have made that reference.
Speaker 1: Everybody listening that gets that reference, please send Tim a direct message. And Tim, I'd like you to reply back, uh, report back next week on how nobody replied to this .
Speaker 2: Uh, so anyways, we went, we went go-karting. And one of the guys who works there was, was really cool about it. He, he like, uh, he's like, Hey Tim, are you from the podcast? I was like, yeah. He is like, can I get a picture? Uh, like, by the way, if you, if you guys ever see me and, and recognize me and you're like, oh, I don't wanna bother him, it's not bothering me. I love it. Inject that straight into my veins.
Speaker 1: Like, oh Speaker 2: No. Oh no. Speaker 2: It's, it's awesome. I love every moment of with the, when it, it very rarely happens, but when it does, it's, it's cool. I love it. Especially like in front of your daughter, because that probably makes you feel extra cool. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. My nephews thought I was awesome with Yeah, yeah, yeah,
Speaker 1: Yeah, Speaker 2: Yeah. Um, but what I didn't love is that, like right after that I immediately wrecked in my first race, like pretty big. And he had to come like, help turn me around . So I was like, oh, there, that, that goes there. That moment was, it's gone. . You should ask him to send you a copy of the picture so you can remember a time before you embarrassed yourself
Speaker 2: Publicly. Yeah, it was pretty, it was pretty rough. Um, that's all right. But anyways, the rest of the, where,
Speaker 3: Where, where, uh, did you wreck? I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Uh, at the, the top of the hill, it was like a three person thing. How
Speaker 1: Did you start it?
Speaker 2: Unclear. I was trying to get around somebody and somebody was trying to get around me. I didn't know they were behind me. So it was just, we went three wide and I was in the middle of it. And it's
Speaker 3: A fast corner. That's
Speaker 1: A really, it's a risky corner to go three wide. Whoever was the third person in line there probably should have been scolded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll talk to Hazel about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should, you should.
Speaker 2: you talked to her about that. Uh, but yeah, it was cool. I got to, uh, I got to look important in front of my, uh, in front of my daughter and my nephews. So that was, uh, that was pretty neat also. So great time. Like it was, this isn't an ad. They didn't give me any, like bene like I paid full price for everything, but yeah, it was, it was a great time. You had pizza and breadsticks and,
Speaker 3: Um, who was faster? You or your daughter?
Speaker 2: Well, they, she raced in the junior cards. Ira raced in the grownup cards. I will say I did use my brother Alex.
Speaker 3: My question, my question, Speaker 2: I was, I was faster. I was faster, but I did beat my brother and that was all that really mattered to me. So. Well that's not fair. If anybody knows Alex Durham, make sure you tell him that he is the slowest
Speaker 1: Y that's not entirely fair because you got to see videos from professional drivers giving advice.
Speaker 2: I did. I showed everybody. I showed everybody including him. The videos that you
Speaker 1: Guys, Alex Speaker 2: Did see that Marco sent. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Speaker 2: So no excuse. Thank you for doing that, by the way, guys. It didn't help. Hazel was not that fast. She can't be good at everything. And that's so far the only thing I found that she's not exceptional at. So we'll give her time. I'm not saying she can't or won't be. I'm just saying. We'll, we'll give her time. We'll help her out. She'll get there. I've got full fish. All right.
Speaker 2: How was your guys' New Year's,
Speaker 1: Alex, how's your New Year's? What'd you get up to?
Speaker 3: Well, we went up to Michigan, um, had a grand old time there. New Year's is different now. Uh, the, the why couple that we go with, um, also has a, uh, infant, um,
Speaker 1: Bebe Speaker 3: Couple months behind. Old Benny. Benny boy. Um, And so, uh, everyone went to bed at like nine 30. Um, but that's because we were up at five 30. So we, we definitely missed any sort of New Year's celebration. Um, we didn't pop champagne, we didn't do anything. New Year's Eve, we did it New Year's day. 'cause like, I don't know, at 7:00 AM we had already been up for two hours, so we were like mimosas. Yeah. Um, so celebration just is a little bit different. Yeah. It's, it, it, it shifted, but we had a very good time. We watched, we watched a huge amount of college football, which is very exciting to watch the Indiana Hoosiers go out to Pasadena and kick some Alabama ass, uh, rose Bowl. So that was, that was pretty cool. Go Here we are the first team.
Speaker 3: So, uh, that was, Speaker 1: So basically, Yes, Speaker 1: Basically what you did or what you should do if this is, you know, I imagine that like next year, you know, Ben will be slightly older, but still a small child. Um, you just have to like get a VPN or something and hack a stream of like London's New Year's celebration. Sure. And then just count that down and then you can go to bed at eight and feel like you stayed up, you know, for the, for the whole thing. Or, or we're just, uh, not gonna give <inaudible> because it doesn't
Speaker 1: Matter. Yeah. But it's, it's fun to
Speaker 2: Pretend that was the most rossy answer that he could've given. Damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Speaker 2: Hell, my daughter stay October Doesn't, but it's her birthday. She can do whatever she wants. It's true too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Her birthday. So, so like, do you ever have to like, plan her party not on her actual birthday, just because it's basically a holiday for everybody and a lot of people have plans.
Speaker 3: Lemme tell you, Hazel's gonna love her birthday when she's like 20. Yeah. I'd
Speaker 1: Say yeah, Speaker 2: Maybe 35 when she first starts drinking. Mm. I would say 18 to 25. She's gonna have a blast on her birthday.
Speaker 3: A blast. I mean, probably like 17 to 35 actually. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay. Yeah. Alright, well that's, that's good. Glad that you had a, you didn't, you could have just stayed home and done that, but you just, or you went somewhere on a weekend, it had nothing to do with New Year's. You just had a nice little trip away with
Speaker 3: Listen your Speaker 1: Friends. We can't all be something we've done for the past. Yeah, yeah. I mean, we can't all be with, you know, Alex Earl and Tom Brady down in what seemed to be the hotspot of the globe. Um, yeah. Why, why was, is that a new, like, is that a new destination for the rich and famous?
Speaker 1: Not new. Not new. Um, yeah, I think, did they
Speaker 3: All just wanna go? 'cause you were there?
Speaker 1: No, no, I think, uh, I think it's, I think it's been a thing. I think New Year's at St. Barts has been a bit of a, a hotspot for that. Um, but I think you had a lot of, like a lot more people like TikTok about it. And so a lot more people knew about it. And I think it was largely due to the Alex Earl Tom Brady situation, which, you know, good for him. Oh, I, did you see the video though? I, I actually, I don't even wanna get into this. I don't want, this is not my place to, but yeah. Good for Tom can do every he wants. I love Tom fellow Fox Sports. Dude, Colin sports games. He's killing it. Life's good. Yeah, no dude. So I, I, yes. So I was down there. I was down in St. Barts, uh, with our good friends. Um, and wild scene down there. Just, I mean, it's a really cool place. I dunno, have you ever been in general Anytime really cool place? It's like the best part of an island, but built up like a little European city. So like without the worst parts of island stuff, minus like traffic, but really, really cool spot. And on New Year's it's like through the roof. Crazy. Lot of fun. Um, we went to this one place on New Year's Eve and all the, uh, all the servers were wearing these like super sick t-shirts that were like, that had the place's name and this cool logo on it or whatever. That's, so I said to our server, I was like, dude, do they, do you guys sell those t-shirts? 'cause I would absolutely love to buy one of those t-shirts. And he was like, yeah, yeah, we sell 'em in the gift shop. It, you know, it's open tomorrow if, if you wanna swing by. And I was like, ah, we actually leave pretty early tomorrow, so we're not gonna have a chance to come back here. No big deal. And he is like, I'll make you a deal if you stay until 2:00 AM I'll give you my shirt. I'm like, well, alright then. And so I'm the proud owner of a living edition shirt from, uh, Nick Beach in St. Parks. 'cause we, we we're heading out and the guy's like, all right. And he literally just peeled his shirt off in the middle, in the middle of the restaurant, which by that point it sort of transitioned over to nightclub status. And, um, yeah. Walked off with a shirt. It was pretty, pretty nice to get a little, little souvenir. So thanks to, uh, Rafael, it's,
Speaker 3: It's nice, it's nice that, um, you were on a yacht on an island, um, and you literally stole the shirt off of your server's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. What did, when you say it like that? It sounds bad. It sounds very bad.
Speaker 2: Is there a better way to say it? I'm trying to figure out a different way to word it. I mean, where it sounds good. I think,
Speaker 1: I think, I think the stole part I think is the rough part because
Speaker 2: You just him a shirt, your, I offered
Speaker 1: Him, I, hold on. Look Tim, let me finish. Uh, I offered him my shirt in exchange, which he refused. Mm-hmm . Uh, he offered me his shirt in the first place. 'cause I originally asked to buy another shirt and he was like, well, I tell you what. And, and thirdly, he gets those shirts for free. So it's not like he's out of pocket. He probably just went into the back storage room, got a new shirt and carried on until 6:00 AM 'cause that's what they do there. Um, but yes, no, when you word it the way you said it, it sounded so, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just, he paid a guy to take his clothes off. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, that's,
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how you No, that's not, that's not what happened. Um, is that,
Speaker 2: That's, that was your read of it, right, Alex?
Speaker 1: No, his read, I mean, was that I stole it. So this is a completely different, also false read.
Speaker 3: But, but, but I, but I like your approach to it, Tim, because I guarantee someone tipped him. So Yeah, no, he
Speaker 1: Definitely did all right for himself that night. Oh, okay. Yeah. That's why I don't think he was too. So was that too worried?
Speaker 3: Was that in singles or how did you, how did you take
him? Speaker 1: , Let's just say I'm gonna have to, I'm gonna have a credit card transaction on the statement I'm gonna have to explain later. But, uh, you know, Uhhuh that's fine. It's fine. Becky was there. Becky was present, but yes, no, uh, hilariously awesome time. Um, the whole trip down there and then we bounced around to it was a, like, it was, we were so lucky we did that. And then we, the next couple days bounced around like the British Virgin Allens and got in the water and got some sun, which can't tell because it's still me. Uh, and then, yeah. And there and then you come back and like the world starts again, which
Speaker 2: Pretty aggressively you Speaker 1: Come back to like Yeah, that is true actually. 'cause certain world events meant that like there was a chance we weren't gonna be able to fly for, uh, Period time, period. Time. Oh, I just meant like in general like that we, everybody had to go back to work. I mean, I didn't, but like I heard people did.
Speaker 1: Yes. No, I we're aware that you didn't And Alex never really left. He just kind of stayed in his normal routine. So nothing really changed for him. Um, but yeah, there was some world events that that nearly got us stranded down there. That've been worse places to get stranded.
Speaker 2: I was that I, it would've been kind of hilarious if you got, if you were stuck in minute, like in the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, look, it, it's, it, I guess there's some,
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not something to joke about. I'm sure people really did get stuck and like, that sucks. It's funny. I I would've liked it had you been stuck.
Speaker 1: That's fair. That's fair. I agree. That would've been funny. I, uh, I did meet a guy, Alex, that uh, was a, was a pilot in a similar sense to you. It only kind of just got his license and bought himself a little plane and had flown down there for New Years to the bbis and um, was chatting with him and his buddy the next couple days over text and his, what should have been pretty short flight to Miami. Uh, ended up rerouting him like after 11 hours to Turks and Caicos where he had to stay for an extra day and then eventually fly to Miami. So that plan didn't work out. Super awesome for him. Um, but he made it home and probably still got home earlier than most people that were flying commercial. 'cause it was a bit of, a bit of a cluster down there I gather. Did uh, do you guys do like the whole resolution thing?
Speaker 3: Um, I do not. I have not done that since I was, I don't know, 14. Yeah, same. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If we had to, what would you guys pick
Speaker 1: Be better at finding Tuesday guests so that you guys don't have to listen to us? Do like we did on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good one's a good one. I echo that. I echo that. It, it, it'd be, it would just be, I don't know James, like, you know, if there was a person that, you know, we paid, you know, more money to, um, you know, if, if they would, you know, I don't know, take some initiative and
Speaker 2: I get paid to Speaker 3: There. Like hear some guess. Yeah. Would that not, would that not be something, you know, what else you think
Speaker 1: God would be so good to? I mean, just organizing live shows better, right? As a, as a group I think. Right. And by group I think
Speaker 3: One individual, but more as an individual. Yeah. Yeah. Think speaking
Speaker 2: Of which, considering I was gonna pitch a live show for
Speaker 3: As he just mentioned, Pete, Speaker 1: Right? Hmm. What was that? Sorry Tim. We should, I was,
Speaker 2: I was gonna pitch a live show for St. Pete, you know.
Speaker 3: So you're venue venue, your New Year's resolution is doing something.
Speaker 2: No, no. My New Year's resolution is gonna be spend less time on my cell phone. But like we could do a St. Pete show.
Speaker 1: Should we do a St. Pete show?
Speaker 3: Why don't you organize one?
Speaker 2: Okay. Are you free? A St. Pete show free
Speaker 1: Drink St. Pete guys. We're doing a St. Pete show. Come on out.
Speaker 3: No, but I'll, if we No, I can make the freedom.
Speaker 1: What's the best night for you to do a St. Pete show?
Speaker 3: Oh, probably Monday. . That
Speaker 1: Was a fun response than I was expecting. .
Speaker 3: Um, the best night to do a St. Pete show? I would, I would probably have to say Saturday just because Friday is, well, hmm, probably Friday unfortunately. Because if there's gonna be a sponsor dinner, it's probably gonna be Saturday most likely. I was gonna say usually qualifyings early Saturday, so that'd be nice. But I'm gonna have a sponsored dinner Saturday. So Friday.
Speaker 1: Alright, Tim, get Kraken. Uh, if you're listening and you're from the St. Pete area and happen to own an establishment or a facility that would be well suited for a live show, small affair somewhere in the, what are we thinking? 50 to 75 people range? Something like that.
Speaker 2: Just thinking stadium. 50 to 75,000.
Speaker 1: Well we could call George and see if we could use the Yankees training facility.
Speaker 3: I mean the Bucks are not playing football anymore. They're heading straight to Cancun. So we could probably just go there. .
Speaker 1: It's true. Straight to Cancun. Hmm. We got options potentially. Um, alright Tim, get on that. So wait, did you look, did you look, can you like look at your average screen time over a calendar year? Do you do, do you get like a, like a screen time wrapped like every app is doing now? 'cause I would, to set that goal, you have to have something to beat. Right? Well I was reading, I don't wanna look at my phone. Les,
Speaker 2: I was reading something the paper
Speaker 3: Today. Are you over under six hours? 'cause I bet
Speaker 2: I would say probably over.
Speaker 1: Ooh, what's, Speaker 2: I was reading something in the paper today that was talking about like somebody adjusted their phone to get rid of the color on their phone, on the screen and it made like the impulses to check their phone all the time. Go away. I'm just gonna try that. Oh, like the black and white thing? Yeah. So there's a, Evan does that, there's
Speaker 3: A pretty cool thing. So everyone talks about all blue lights bad and whatever and well that may be true. I doubt it's, it's that true. Um, but there is a new screen, um, you know, like the film that you can put on, uh, that changes the blue light into red light. So like red light's good for your skin and for your body. So the more time you look at your phone,
Speaker 1: Like red light therapy, that's almost like getting pe that's getting people thinking that it's just good to be staring at their phone more.
Speaker 3: Well, no, it's more, it's more like
Speaker 1: For the time you're using it, it's a benefit, not a detriment. Correct. So I just, I just open yours right now. I just opened mine up to see daily average. I mean it does it, you know, from the start of the week. So I've only got Sunday, Monday, Tuesday on here.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah. But I, I was very lazy and was on my phone almost all of yesterday. So I feel like my average is, I'm, I'm
Speaker 1: Gonna need you to look it up.
Speaker 2: Seven hour average. Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Alex. Speaker 3: Five hour, one minute. Three 11. Oof.
Speaker 3: That's better. That's now. Okay. Uh, feeling
Speaker 2: Pretty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should know. You should. That's
Speaker 3: Terrific. I have, I have to say that I am using my phone a lot in the middle of the night these days. When That's,
Speaker 1: That's a good point. That's a fair play. Yeah. And I will say a contributing factor to mine is like the last couple days I've just been working from home and so I've been on my lap, on my, my laptop or my iPad, which I'll often use to like reply to text messages, which normally I do from my phone or emails. So we've done this before. That's probably,
Speaker 3: But what is your most used app?
Speaker 1: Mine's pretty close between Instagram and messages.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Mine's or Twitter. Mine is,
Speaker 3: Oh, I think it's TikTok. No, TikTok.
Second. Speaker 1: . So first is Twitter and second is
Speaker 3: TikTok. I, yeah, mine is Safari. Mm. Um, Instagram, Google Maps, Spotify.
Speaker 1: Oh, interesting. Mm. You know, its message is Instagram, outlook and Safari.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My message is is way down there. 'cause
Speaker 1: Screw that. Yes. 'cause you don't answer any messages ever. We
Speaker 3: Know. Listen Linda, we know I text, I text you back
Speaker 1: Sometimes. Sometimes.
Speaker 3: Well, more than most
Speaker 1: More. Well that's, I I appreciate that. I appreciate that. I did have a, uh, a whole lot. Let me see if I could fight it. Thursday at 1:34 AM Happy New Year buddy. No reply till yesterday. , which was Monday on a completely unrelated topic.
Speaker 3: Whatever James, happy New Year, whatever. Like who gives
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Alright, fine. I don't respond to messages. Nice.
Speaker 1: Um, um, well speaking of, speaking of messages and social media and dms and Insta stuffs and what have you, uh, Alex you got a pretty cool one the other day that's setting us up for an interesting weekend.
Speaker 3: I did get a very cool one. Um, you know, we've, we've mentioned many times how surprised slash honored we are of the listeners of this show. Um, and usually we're, we're reminded of that a lot during the season, right? When we're going to different tracks and, and all this sort of thing. Um, and, and getting to cross paths with, with fellow indie car fans and race goers and, and that sort of thing. Um, but I did not realize that our reach extended a little bit outside of, um, the indie car world into the college football world. So the wonderful people down at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, um, reached out to uh, well really James, Tim and I, um, and asked just James and I, uh, to go down to, I
Speaker 1: Was gonna say nobody reached Speaker 3: Out to me. . I mean it was the, it was the Ask Offtrack account. So, um, and, uh, invited. So, so Tim, wait, wait. Hold on. So before you even finish this story, Tim, have you not seen this message from the Offtrack account? Alright, we're gonna need you to do a much better job managing that account. Yeah. 'cause we could have potentially missed an incredible opportunity that Alex is about to Was this
Speaker 3: On Instagram or T or Twitter? Yes, sure was.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Alex talk about what the opportunity is that Tim nearly cost us.
Speaker 3: Uh, well would you be surprised by that? I'm sure he is cost us many opportunities. Yeah, almost. Anyways, almost assuredly I talk about how I don't check our videos. Indianapolis, Indianapolis Hoosiers, as we alluded to early in the show, won the Rose Bowl. They're headed to the Peach Bowl, which is the semi-final in the college football playoffs. And they're playing the, uh, Oregon Ducks. Um, the people at the Peach Bowl down in Atlanta invited James and I to go. And so we're gonna go, we're gonna go Friday afternoon, come back Friday night and we're gonna have a grand old time. And I'm very excited because I was debating going to the game anyways. And that just made my decision that much easier. And the fact that my pal Jimmy's gonna come, it's gonna be a, a fun couple hours. You know what? Now that
Speaker 4: I found this message, I'm gonna be like, what about
me Speaker 3: ? No.
Speaker 1: And Alex will reply, what about you, , which hopefully admin does as well. Um, yeah, dude, awesome. Amazing. Cannot thank everybody at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl enough for reaching out and for offering us this crazy access. You guys will see, um, follow along over, over the day on, uh, on Friday to see what they, what they have us doing and where they have us going. But like for me, this is only the second college football game I will have ever attended one and the big one first for a school that like, I actually kind of, because we don't do college sports, I didn't go to school here, right? So like obviously I adopt the local sports teams as my go-to teams. So, uh, so yeah, getting to go down, see a, see a Hoosiers game in the semifinals, dude. How, how cool would it be if they win this game and they get to go to college Football championship, I mean duck
Speaker 3: To go to Miami.
Speaker 1: You can't name something that Ducks, that is the Mighty Ducks. There's only one Duck Sports League franchise whenever you can't have another one.
Speaker 3: What about the Anaheim Ducks? That's, that's I'm talking about's. The duck. That's the ducks. Yeah. Are are they the Mighty Ducks?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Kind of. They're like that's how the Mighty Ducks were based off of 'em. Like no, I mean like I know it's a kids' team and a pro team. I think it's like a they were actually
Speaker 3: Wanted to, I did not know there was any relation.
Speaker 1: I think the logo was like the same for a while. Was it not? Or did I just make, is that one of those like dude
Speaker 3: Hockey hockey's not my forte. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: That's fair. I do have to, um, shamefully, not shamefully. I do have to begrudgingly give, uh, Marcus Erickson and Felix Rosenquist really more Marcus 'cause he's a hockey guy. Props on Sweden winning the World Juniors Hockey tournament. It's a big deal this time of year for hockey fans, which I know you're not. Canada and Sweden are often two of the contenders. Marcus and I have been beating each other up over this for years. Unfortunately. Sweden beat Canada this year. Gotta be the bigger man and admit that it is what it is, is what it is. Good for them. Go Sweden. Good job to Canada. Strong effort. But
Speaker 3: Is it, is it what it is?
Speaker 1: It is what it is. Well that's all I have to say about that.
Speaker 3: Okay. Okay. Speaker 1: Another New Year's tradition, Tim. So now that you've missed that DM of an incredible opportunity, um, have you been, well we've been talking scrolling through maybe some of the other dms from our fans that we're not getting because of you Dunno know, like getting invited on like air aircraft carriers and, I don't know, to the Super Bowl and just, just random things. Taylor Swift
Speaker 2: Concerts. You know what I I I should do a better job on checking these. I kind of figure if somebody's reaching out to you guys for stuff, they're gonna know to go through you directly. Like if they listen to us at all, they have to know that I don't check our dms. So what else is there though,
Speaker 1: Tim? I listen. It
Speaker 2: Seems to us like there's a lot
Speaker 1: I listen to us as we record, admittedly not after the fact, but I didn't realize that you don't check our dms. I kind of assumed that was one of the very, very few responsibilities that you had on this show.
Speaker 2: I'm, I'm looking at them now. It does not look like, it does not look like I've missed any other invites. You guys have the, you guys have the login. You can get on that account. Do we?
Speaker 1: I have no idea what the login is. Never knew that we had that.
Speaker 2: I'll, I'll send it to you.
Speaker 1: Or, or you could just do your
Speaker 2: And check it. I got Roger Penske. James, do you wanna drive the 12? Uh,
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Ed Carpenter. Tell Alex he's fired. Yeah, nothing big.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, I think the 12 might be open. Oh no, we missed that. Thanks Tim. . Unreal.
Speaker 2: Well, so let's, let's go into what else we have coming up this month. Um, we got Daytona.
Speaker 1: We got Daytona coming
Speaker 2: Up. That's that next month. That's this month, right?
Speaker 1: No, that's this month. That's this month.
Speaker 2: All right. So what's, uh, what's prep for that looking like?
Speaker 1: Well, Timbo, good question. Um, for us in the number nine, faf Motorsport, Heron TT, three Ebo, um, it's actually been a really nice kind of off season because we're not changing cars for the first time in three years. So the, uh, teams had a lot more time to like actually rest and relax and get ready for the race. But at the same time they've been focusing on some of the details and working on stuff to really make us better and not just make us, you know, there, which is what the last couple years have been like. So that part's been really exciting. Um, and then we head to, uh, the roar before the 24, the sort of traditional annual stop the weekend before the race where everybody goes down. It's three days of testing Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Uh, then you kind of, you know, take a day or two off before things sort of kick off for the weekend. Uh, the following Wednesday, really I will be actually missing the first day of the roar, which sucks, but it's for a good cause. Uh, Fox is doing their annual preseason seminar for IndyCar and nascar. So all of us Fox folks, uh, will be going out to LA for a couple days and seeing kind of what we've been working on over the off season, uh, just kind of reconnecting with everybody again, we sort of do it in conjunction with the, the NASCAR side of the family from Fox Sports, which is cool. And um, we'll
Speaker 2: Get some for that Speaker 1: Fun. We'll definitely get some din ty fun. Um, and yeah, it'll, it'll be great. I'm, I'm, again, I'm really excited to see everybody and get going. I, it's like, even though I've been busy and other stuff, yeah, I just, I'm so excited to get the IndyCar season going again. It has been so insanely long. Um, luckily I've had other things that keep me busy. Luckily Alex has had like more testing than anybody's had since like 2012, which is neat. So we've been able to stay somewhat sane. But I know that you guys listening are jonesing for some Mindy cars on the racetrack and life for what? I'm excited.
Speaker 3: It's, it, it is, it is pretty wild. I mean we are, we are 50 something days out, which is, it's not that far away. So no, It, it's time to start getting serious about, I mean really everyone as, as mechanics are coming back from the holidays and engineers are coming back and vacation times are over. Like it's, it's crunch time now. Like whatever you need to sort out and get ready it's needs to be now. Um, and on that topic, I don't know if you saw call IOT's Instagram story, um, from today, but it was him at Prema. So I guess, I guess if ships are moving in the correct direction there, question mark. 'cause why else would he be there? Unless he's getting a <inaudible>, but I doubt he would post . I doubt he would post that on Instagram.
Speaker 1: That'd be a weird post to make. Yeah. Uh, yeah. That's, that's huge man. That's good. I also saw one of, uh, of Mick Schumacher back at the Ray Hall shop, you know, prep underway. So Alex, let's, let's get into that a little bit. Let's actually talk a little bit racing in like the remaining five minutes that we have in this show where we've talked about almost no racing whatsoever. I know that as a driver you kind of maintain your fitness all season long, all off season. You're always training even when it's downtime. But you know, as you say, we're now into the new year, we're past the holidays. It is crunch time to use your words. Does anything change for you? Do you ramp certain things up from a physicality standpoint and a training standpoint?
Speaker 3: You probably go the other way actually. 'cause you spend, you spend the, the first part of the off season kind of putting a bunch of the, the, the mass and the strength that you lost during the season. 'cause you just can't train as much. Uh, with the schedule you put, you try and put a lot of that back on. Um, and so you gain a chunk of weight, um, you're obviously stronger and it's a bit less focus. So, so yes and no. So you're, you probably ramp down the, the actual strength side of things and you ramp up the cardio side of things. Um, just because you wanna start losing a little bit of that weight, um, or excess weight if you will, that you don't really need in the car. Um, and make sure that you know, your threshold, uh, trainees in the right spot, your vo two training's in the right spot, your zone two training's in the right spot, that sort of thing. So it's an adjustment really that comes after January one. But I would say the amount of hours and time in the gym is the same. It's just a different program.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The focus changes. Yeah. So strength training, obviously you just lift more weights when you transition over to kind of your cardio capacity training and stuff like that. What is your, what is your preferred exercise type to do that sort of workout? Or do you have
Speaker 3: It's all, it's all bar running. Okay.
Speaker 1: Not run everything except running.
Speaker 3: I will not run the, I run twice a year once for my VO O2 test before the season and once for my VO O2 test at the end of the season. That is it. That
Speaker 1: Is so funny. Mm. That is so funny. I, uh, speaking of
Speaker 2: Running James, you wanna do the mini with me this year? Yeah,
Speaker 1: If I'm here for it, I'll do it. Alright.
Speaker 3: Are you doing that again Tim? I,
Speaker 2: I did sign up again. I haven't done anything to train for it yet, but I did sign
Speaker 3: Up again. Oh good. You got heaps
Speaker 1: Of time.
Speaker 3: That should be, that should go well then.
Speaker 1: So Ska McLaughlin did a half marathon over the winter and like had a pretty sporty time and I was like, oh, okay. That's kind of cool. And it got me wanting to do one because I've run a couple half distances, but never like in a race, just like around my neighborhood or I've actually done one on a treadmill when I was bored in the winter one year. And, um, and it was like a, it was pretty sporty time, so I was like, ah, dude, did you train pretty hard for that? And he kind of, he's like, yeah, yeah. I was like, oh, I gotta look into that. 'cause like I might, I might want to do one of those. And he just like copy and pasted whatever trainer gave him whatever thing over like a six week period. I'm like, oh, damn. Easy. All right, cool. Thanks. So
Speaker 3: Question you could send me that too, too be I don't mean to, I don't mean to insult anyone because I'm, I I couldn't do it. Why would you want to do half of something draw? I don't wanna do a full the draw. No, but like, I don't understand like a, like it didn't start with a half marathon. It started with a marathon was this was this test of physical endurance and willpower and all this sort of things. And some of the biggest race. I just thought it was fitness races in the world. Flex Boston Marathon. Marathon. Oh, stop. So why would you, if you're gonna go to the effort of preparing and training for something, why would you only do the half? The
Speaker 1: Mini isn't a full, it's not an option. No,
Speaker 3: No, no. I'm saying, I'm saying why would anyone, why would you just go sign up and do your local half marathon
Speaker 1: Maybe for the same, and I'm just, I'm just thinking out loud. Is it the same reason that people sign up for ultra marathons because the original distance wasn't 50, but some people do 50 mile races because that's just something to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But that's double of something, not half of something.
Speaker 1: It's not quite double of
Speaker 3: Something. Okay, well why would you, why does anyone wanna do half of something? I just, I've never understood. I've never understood why
Speaker 1: That's, it's a very interesting way to look at it. Right, okay. Because you could look at it as a full half marathon. Sure.
Speaker 3: Right. Speaker 1: Like it's, it's, it's just a, it's a dis I mean a marathon's a bit of an arbitrary distance too. So I completely see like the logic of the wording. Like why would you wanna do something half, um, you don't wanna watch half a movie, you don't wanna read half a book. It's Like, do you get half a ribbon when you finish? Like, I don't
understand Speaker 1: , they just give you half a medal. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, congrats you won half of it. Like, that's
Speaker 1: So funny. I quite like that. Um, yeah, and again, it's, I never thought like that I'm
Speaker 3: On anyone that does half marathon. 'cause again, I I couldn't do it. My point is just where's the motivation to do that? Because it's, it is a lot of training. You just mentioned Scott, who's an athlete. It was six weeks of dedicated training. Why would you not do 10 weeks or 11 weeks of training to do the full? Like I just, where
Speaker 1: Is the separation? So I have, I have nothing against doing a full other than the fact that like I'm somewhat busy and I'm not gonna go travel to do a full marathon. So the fact that there's a half in my backyard at a time of the year where I know I'm home,
Speaker 3: That is an argument that I'll accept. Yep. Yeah, that
Speaker 1: Is fine. That's fine. That is my argument. I don't know why the rest of you half milers are doing
Speaker 2: It, but that's why I would do, oh, I can't do a full why
Speaker 3: Like Speaker 1: Legally or . Like
Speaker 2: I just don't you, I feel like it took me a lot to train to do the half and I was pretty worn out.
Speaker 3: There's people to do full marathons in like 12 hours and they walk in. I feel like I was, you can,
Speaker 2: It's, I'm gonna build up to a full is my goal. Did
Speaker 1: I tell you guys about the book that I read where the guy did a hundred consecutive Iron Man? Like triathlons?
Speaker 3: Yeah. . Speaker 1: Unbelievable man. Also, I like the stories from that Book also stupid. The
Speaker 1: Stories from that book are so messed. The what's so like there's all the obvious physical stuff that's just completely insane, right? Like the damage that it, it like does to your body, whatever. But there was two points that I found really fascinating. One is he was like, after a certain point, and I forget what that point was, 15, 25, something like that. Your body in the same way that like, if you've never done a pushup before, right? And somebody makes you do a hundred pushups in a day, everything is gonna hurt up here. Right? And for the first week it's just gonna be the worst thing ever. And by the second week it's still gonna hurt, but it's not gonna be quite as painful anymore by the third week and by the fourth week you can do a hundred and not feel anything the next day. He's like the, your body kind of got used to it. They're like, oh, your body just learns to like, okay, this is what a day is now. And it sort of slowly recalibrates and it just adapts to doing this every day, which I thought was kind of fascinating because like that's pushing your body to such an extreme level. And he obviously had a ton of help. Like he was being fed properly, he got treated every night. I don't care. You know, whatever, I don't care. I agree. That's not what a body's built for, right? Yeah. But the other part that was, that was messed up about it. Spoiler alert, if you were gonna read the book, is it totally messed with his brain? And he didn't realize it for like a year because for that a hundred days his you're, when you're pushing your body to that limit, it's in like fight or flight, right? You're in that like emergency mode of your brain the entire time. Huge
Speaker 3: Amount of cortisol and Yeah. Oh,
Speaker 1: A hundred percent. So like for for a hundred straight days, his brain was just being flooded with all these like yeah, these cortisol and all these chemicals that like keep you in this state. And for months, like over a year afterwards, like he couldn't sleep well his, his brain was kind of foggy and all this stuff. Like did some inadvertent and unexpected like damage to his brain. I think he found ways to fix it, but it was just kind of an interesting part of the raid. No one else on earth probably ever gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Well you're also not doing a full marathon. It would seem so, um,
Speaker 1: Dude, I I would love you to run the mini with us.
Speaker 3: You couldn't't pay me couldn't I think that pay me Well
Speaker 2: Good. Because we weren't going to
Speaker 1: Yeah, we weren't gonna, we were just gonna like shame not shame you into it, but like, like take your competitiveness and use it against you. Like don't care.
Speaker 3: You won't, I won't. I don't think
Speaker 2: That'll work on him. You're
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It definitely won't. I bet
Speaker 3: You won't. You're absolute dude. I couldn't, it's very rare that I agree with you completely with my whole heart and being, but you are right.
Speaker 1: Hey, how about this? How about this? I will ride a hundred mile bike ride with you if you come run 13.1 miles with me. Doesn't have to be the mini, we'll just go out one day and do a run and I will do a day of a hundred miles on. Oh my god. I don't wanna do that. I so badly. Don't wanna do that.
Speaker 3: Okay. Maybe Speaker 1: 50 miles. Nope, you said it. I heard it.
Speaker 1: How long Long's a hundred miles take? That's a long or maybe a hundred kilometers. Twice
Speaker 2: As long as Speaker 3: 50 miles. Mm mm-hmm . Half, 20 miles. It's half a 200 though, which is kind of your thing. So it's true. . Yeah, just think of this. You're doing a half, half a 200 .
Speaker 1: I'm doing twice A 50. Yeah. All
Speaker 3: Right, well Speaker 2: You guys, Everybody milkshake after.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Everybody Speaker 2: Heard it here first. What was your, like what's your, your normal ride's like 50, right? Like that's a pretty typical day on the bike for you, right?
Speaker 3: I mean, it depends on what I'm doing. I mean, I've done anywhere from 30 to 130, so, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you've done a hundred mild days before.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Like you, you don't do it like you stop for lunch, like Yeah, yeah,
Speaker 1: Yeah, Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. You need some food, but yeah. Right. Yeah. Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay. I have a hundred mile loop in Indie. It's nice. Really? Mm-hmm . Alright. I'll tune the bike up. You buy a new pair of shoes,
Speaker 3: Fine. I'm not training.
Speaker 1: I'm, I'm also not gonna train.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be horrible for your ass and terrible for my shins. .
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Uh, let's do it like the week before Memorial
Day Speaker 1: . You're such an idiot.
Speaker 3: Here's Speaker 1: The thing, when you say stuff, here's the thing. Here's the thing. Untrained and having only run, uh, let's see, you'll still beat me. Yes. 20 times in 10 years, I'll beat Tim.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt that. Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. For sure. Yeah,
Speaker 3: For sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi Off Track is part of the Sirius XM Sports Podcast Network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Offtrack on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Off Track is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean fi.