Speaker 1: This is, is off track. What's up everybody? Hello And welcome to Off Track with Vincent Rossi.
Speaker 2: I thought you were home. Where are you now?
Speaker 1: No, I left. I was home, uh, for 18 hours after a 31 hour travel day. Why
Speaker 2: Were you home so long?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it, I just, because I had three loads of laundry to do and not just the typical one. So extended the trip a little bit.
Speaker 3: I, I texted James today and I was like, Hey man, since you're back, do you wanna go play some rackets porch, maybe some golf. Enjoy the nice weather. And he was like, ah, I'm on a plane. And I was confused because we had a whole conversation yesterday about him flying home from Minneapolis and getting confused that Minneapolis is not Indianapolis or Annapolis or any of the,
Speaker 1: Or Annapolis Speaker 3: Metropolitan
Speaker 2: That place.
Speaker 3: This Speaker 1: Is Annapolis. Annapolis is Definitely a thing.
Speaker 2: Is Annapolis a place where Speaker 3: Yeah, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: North Carolina. Speaker 2: I've never heard
Speaker 3: Of know this.
Speaker 2: Annapolis? Speaker 1: Yes. KN Annapolis. I've never heard of that. I feel like you guys are both just messing with me right now.
Speaker 1: No, I would love, I would love you to, to find us on this. No, don't. I bet you a thousand dollars. I bet you a thousand dollars by typing it in. You're agreeing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not agreeing. Um, I'm now, I'm just curious if we have any listeners in Kannapolis.
Speaker 1: I'm actually Alex, I gotta be honest, man. I'm impressed. Well, first of all, I was gonna piss Tim off, but I was late hitting record on my side. So the audio file's gonna be like really annoying at the beginning and then, uh, if it cut in into good stuff, but I'm used
Speaker 2: To you being awful. It's all right.
Speaker 1: I, I am genuinely impressed with us that we know something that Tim doesn't and like fairly normal st not like some super obscure thing. This is like
Speaker 2: A, I have never heard of that. I've never heard of that, that place.
Speaker 1: I, we, we understand that. You sure? You sure haven't.
Speaker 3: There's another one in Pennsylvania, and I forget what it is, but I know that, you know, when you're watching the election and it pops up, cities, like that was always one. I was like, oh, that's another poli that I didn't know of
Speaker 1: Another apples.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that makes senseis, like there's a lot of polis. It means city, but I've just never heard of, there's not,
Speaker 3: I think there's like six.
Speaker 1: Well guys, if you live in a polis or Annapolis, um, that we haven't mentioned, make sure to flood Tim's inbox and social media channels and let us know what you're in. But yes, that all stemmed from the fact that I was sitting like two gates away from my gate to avoid people. And you know, I was supposed to be boarding. I get you, bro. Like, yeah, exactly. You're rubbing off on me. Yeah. And this was like, this was like 22 hours, I think, into my travel day. So I was just a little over everything. And um, and, and I heard over the thing from Annapolis final boarding, and I was like, I thought we didn't start boarding for five minutes. And I like jumped out from my chair and panicked mad dash to the thing just to realize that right next to us was Minneapolis. I'm like,
Speaker 3: Got it. And they're, sir, is this your first time traveling? And you were like, in fact, it is
Speaker 1: In my first time traveling this hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Speaker 1: But then dude, so I got, yeah, so I got home for 18 hours, which was wonderful. Slept in my own bed. Alex, you and I had this conversation. Mm-hmm. Well, I'm sorry, the rest of the world, but North American beds, they just, they're so much better than everywhere else in the world. Everywhere on earth has totally missed Beds. Mm.
Speaker 1: Okay. Mm-hmm. Except Speaker 3: Sweden. Really? Yeah. That's funny. 'cause I've slept in a couple Ikea beds and they were pretty
Speaker 3: <inaudible>. Okay. So I just came back from England.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you haven't been to Sweden lately. Doesn't
Speaker 3: Mean that I feel like he's definitely been to Sweden. I have not ever been to Sweden. What?
Speaker 1: Man, that's recent. Speaker 3: What Is going on today? He sucked on today. You're so dumb today. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're an idiot as I'm Speaker 1: Go. See you next week, . But, uh, but, uh, Sweden does make, uh, mattresses and, um,
Speaker 1: Oh, okay. Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're talking about this super duper, like no, sorry, carry on. This one that like cools you from the inside, one that you got. Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Oh, okay. Sorry,
Speaker 3: Karen. That's an American Silicon Valley for
Speaker 1: Intervention. Okay, got it. Got
it. Speaker 3: , , no, no, no. Uh, so was in England and went to Herod. Right. And her is a, is a tourist, uh, attraction if, if you are into that kind of thing. Um, but also it's fun to just meander around. And we ended up in the, uh, the home section of Herod's and Okay. Uh, walking through patio furniture and everything. And we get to beds and we're like, oh, these, that's, that duvet is beautiful. Like, wow. I is it double stuffed? Because you know, when you go to like, restoration Hardware or whatever, , like, and they give you Oreos. Find
Speaker 1: Oreos or Duvets. Yeah,
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. When you go to Restoration Hardware, they give you the tray of Oreos. Right. They're always the thin ones. 'cause they're watching. No. Anyways. So, um, RH usually double stuffs the duvets to make it look more appealing and presentable. Right.
Speaker 1: But like, that's not how they sell them. That's just how they show them. That's
Speaker 3: Not how they sell them. Yes. Got it. Yes. Um, and so Kelly was like, oh, this, this thing must be double stuffed. And it wasn't. And so we're like, man, this duvet is sick. And so we, we kind of walk and explore this brand a little bit. And, um, we get to the bed and it's this bed that's kind of in, in this, it's the center of the showroom, if you will. Okay. Um, imagine a car showroom. It's got the down lighting on it and everything. And it's, it's,
Speaker 1: It's, it's the number one. It's the, it's the big, big boy.
Speaker 3: It's the bed, it's the big boy bed. Right. And so you look at like the, the bed frame. Right. And it's kind of got some of those like rivets that you would see on like a Louis Vuitton trunk or whatever, but it's not leather, it's just, it's very nicely done. It's a very night beautiful bed. And Kelly sits on it and she's like, yeah, it's, it's nice. And, but like, I don't really get it. And so then we walked to the, the window sticker. Right. And, um, James, what would you think an astronomically ridiculous amount of money to spend on a bed. Keep in mind it comes with all the sheets, all
Speaker 1: All the pillows. So sheets, mattress, bed frame. Does everything do anything that you haven't, haven't revealed yet? Or like, is there a It doesn't,
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't. Its not like electronic head. It doesn't, no, we did walk by a headboard that had speakers built in and I'm just like, why?
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah. Yeah. But I mean, brain sounds you do like
Speaker 3: I do, but your sounds night. My phone is for, for the free. Right. Um, and like, if you really want to get advanced speakers are a couple hundred bucks. Yeah. An that's true. Astronomical number
Speaker 1: $23,000.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, we're inheritance. No, that's not, see, that's not right. Because I had this conversation with your wife. Yeah. And she kind of threw out a number like that. I'm like, all right. You can spend eight grand on a Tempur-Pedic mattress. Okay. Yeah. You can then spend 10 grand on the restoration hardware that frame. Right? Yeah. So you're already at tax at 23. So we're, oh, we're
Speaker 1: You la Okay.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying that's not a ridiculous amount. I'm just saying Yeah. That, that you can achieve without trying that hard, that
Speaker 1: Hard. Right. Okay.
Speaker 3: At home, this is Herod right. And everything's stupid.
Speaker 1: This $54,000 Speaker 3: You're getting there, but no, I honestly thought your reaction when he said 23 was you were like, okay, pick a certain number one more about it. Open that. Yeah. Yeah. I, same thing. So sorry. Am I still under at
Speaker 3: 53,517,000 pounds Speaker 1: ? What? Okay. Does it come with a house? No, it's, ah, the finest bed house included. Um, okay, so what, okay, so those rivets are 24 karat gold. Nope. And the duvet is stuffed with unicorn fur tail hair. Mm-hmm . And it's, I'm angry. 8,000 angry about that. It's eight pound sheets. What is a half a million K? So what is it? What are we doing? What is it? Um, well first of all, it's uh, it's made outta horse hair.
Speaker 1: Okay. Speaker 3: So the idea Bad bad Speaker 3: Is, I mean, clearly good. And so the idea is that like, it's a bed that'll last a lifetime, which you'd hope fucking Better. Speaker 3: . That's not enough lifetimes.
Speaker 3: Actually, actually, as I read more about it, is like a generational bed. Like you could pass it down, but
Speaker 1: That's just weird. Why would you wanna use that?
Speaker 3: It is. Nope. It comes Guy used a guy on this thing. . Yeah. A guy flies out from Europe every year to flip it and like, good. Make sure it's evenly like distributed and stuffed. Um, and really, that's it. Oh my God. That's really all you're all you're getting. Um, it's, it's fireproof. So like some people, uh, apparently put valuables underneath it instead of like a safe deposit box. They just put Oh yeah. Because they,
Speaker 2: They can't afford a safe for that amount of money. . And
Speaker 3: Like a couple people bought 'em, like Drake bought one. Um, and some like aristocrats, you could just,
Speaker 2: You could hire somebody at a hundred thousand American dollars a year to just watch your stuff for almost seven years
Speaker 3: Without having to buy that Van . Yeah. Um, so anyways, I just, I found that to be, um, pretty incredible. So I was blown away and I figured you would be too, considering you thought a ridiculous number is $23,000. No, no. Which I stand
Speaker 1: By. I stand by that
Speaker 3: 690,000 US dollars. Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna the by the fact that Kelly's reply or response as sitting on the bed was, yeah. It's nice. I'm just, I'm gonna stay by my claim that North American beds still just are the best value for money in terms of comfort. It doesn't matter, man. I've been to South America, Europe, Asia, you've been, you've been all these places too. The, the like baseline bed comfort level at like, let's say you just go to like a middle of the road hotel chain that if that is what we're calling like typical standard of bedding for that country, just there's nowhere close, there's nowhere close. I'm at a fair,
Speaker 3: I completely Speaker 1: Agree in suites. And I can tell you that this twin bed behind me is going to be infinitely more comfortable than anything I slept on Italy Or France. Couldn't agree more. Couldn't agree. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Why? Speaker 2: This is just upsetting me. Why don't Europeans like themselves, why don't they want to be more comfortable?
Speaker 3: Well, some of the Swedish people do
Speaker 1: A little too much if you ask me. Right. A little too much.
Speaker 3: Right? Like, like like $650,000 too much.
Speaker 1: Roughly. I mean, right. Arguably more than that, but yeah. Sure. Um, wow. Okay. So you Wait, I do have one trouble related
Speaker 2: Story. I'm legitimately angry that this exists. Like I I I, this isn't even
Speaker 3: Like, well Speaker 2: Tim playing it up for the show, Like I'm angry at that. Yeah. I mean, here's the thing. The thing is, um, that's out of a lot of people's price range. , right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Understatement of the year.
Speaker 3: And, and, and so there was one on sale.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh, what as you can see Bargain City. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Um, Speaker 1: And this, how many balloons was This? This, sorry, I'll hold it up to the screen. This one was only 128,051 pounds.
Speaker 1: That Speaker 2: One better at least come with a condo. Somebody peed on that one. I think I would love to just, I feel like I know somebody, Becky knows somebody that knows Drake pretty well. I feel like we should ask them to ask Drake if it was worth it. Really?
Speaker 3: Do think he even knows how much it cost
Speaker 1: Person, I don't care if he knows how much it cost
Speaker 3: To be like, get the best,
Speaker 1: Whatever, the best bed. I just wanna know, how
Speaker 2: Do you advertise that? Like, you know, there was a story I heard years ago that they stopped trying to advertise or like have booths for Rolls Royces at car shows and instead they now like try to convince you to buy a Rolls Royce while you're buying a private jet. Right. Because they're just like, if you're dropping a couple million on a jet, it makes, you know, you'll drop a quarter of a million on a Rolls RoCE. Well that's,
Speaker 3: That's why you can't, why where they do that. They don't, they don't want to degrade the brand. So
Speaker 1: I had one annoying travel experience, which actually wasn't on my 31 hour trip back from Singapore. It was, uh, also a NA hell of an airline. Wow. Wow. Wow, wow. That was impressive.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, Europeans don't do mattresses, but they do airlines. Yeah. Well
Speaker 1: That one's Japanese.
Speaker 3: Well, sorry, but yes. Anyone but America does airlines.
Speaker 1: I know, man. American airline, international planes are lately have been pretty solid. Yes. And I've flown on a couple Lufthansa flights, which planes were a little old. Little, little dated, but this a and a Wow. What a, what an experience. What an interesting layout they had. Anyway, um, this morning flying to Atlanta, I it's just, this is, this is gonna go in the book, man. This is another one that goes in the book that we are gonna write about plane etiquette. Right? So we land, you have had to put your carry on baggage further back on the plane than your seat. It happens. Right? If you are in a rush of some kind to catch a flight, a connecting flight, I get it. You kinda have to do whatever you gotta do. And that's, that's fair play. But when you have absolutely nothing to rush to, here's what I, here's what I I don't love is once everybody stands up, this person didn't even like try to be quick on the draw. And like as soon as the belts went off, pop the belt and sprint back as far as they could. Right. Everybody was standing and then it was kind of the, oh hey, my bag's four, five rows back that way. And the guy in the aisle was kind of like, okay, sure. And so moved kind of outta the way and then this person had to like size their way through all the people to get to where their bag was.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know where this is going and I already hate them.
Speaker 1: Kind, kind of annoying, but like whatever the then side to carry the suitcase back through all said people to get back to their original row. Nope. Uhuh, arrestable offense. Arrestable offense. . You, you got back there against the grain, pissing people off, rubbing up against people, got your bag and then carried it almost overhead, but couldn't quite get it all the way overhead. So it was like almost dragging it across people's heads to get up there. <inaudible>, you absolutely not. And I then followed this person off the plane. No rush whatsoever. Not even remotely in a rush. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Inexcusable. There. You, I think every, everybody who hits a certain tier of frequent flyers, you should be able to designate one person for the no fly list. Like for every a hundred thousand miles you fly. I think you should get one where you, you just be like, you're not allowed to fly anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I just think they should hand out book. I think I feel like we should write this book and then we'll do a deal with all the airlines that every time once a year, if you book an airline ticket, you have to read this
manual Speaker 2: . It'll be like the
Speaker 1: Gideon by questionnaire. But for
Speaker 2: Planes . Right.
Speaker 1: And everybody should have to read it. And look, there are exceptions to the rule. To all rules. This was not one of 'em. And this person, oh man, really didn't love it. Didn't love it. How do
Speaker 2: You feel about like it asking somebody like, Hey, mine's like right there. It's a row behind. Like, could you grab it past
Speaker 3: Me? It be 75 years old
Speaker 1: If it's one row back and I can reach it from where I'm standing. I don't, that's fine. I don't care. That doesn't bother
Speaker 2: Me. So I feel like I've been asked a lot and I've never minded. I've just been like, no,
Speaker 1: That, that doesn't bother me. But like, again, that person didn't have to go against anybody. I didn't have to elbow anybody outta the way to get it. Nobody was really inconvenienced in that exchange. But like, wait until everybody was up going against the grain, going up river and then carrying the bag back. Just stand there. Just stay there. Just wait. It was full rows and you weren't going anywhere. What are we doing speaking of travel? You had a nice long flight back the other day from jolly old London.
Speaker 3: I did. Oh, you oh, your flight.
Speaker 1: I was a little Benny boy. Speaker 3: I, I don't have any, I don't have any travel stories guys. Everything was incredibly smooth. Ben was great. Saw some adorable pictures of him just sleeping on your chest while you were
Speaker 3: Watching every, everyone Speaker 2: It's very cute. Everyone, uh, loves him. I was rapped a lot of the flight, but that's okay. Nice. Enjoy, enjoy those moments. Well mm-hmm . I got 'em, um mm-hmm . And yet we got back Tuesday night and everything. Babies do get jet lag. I will say that. I will say that. Oh that makes sense. They do, they do understand time zones. Um, so he's a little, so was he,
Speaker 1: He's up early.
Speaker 3: It's not that he was up early. Um, 'cause he is always kind of up early. It's that at two o'clock he was like, put me to bed and we're like, oh,
Speaker 1: Interesting. No,
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Speaker 3: Sorry pal. We're gonna go for a walk. We're gonna play, we're gonna read books, we're gonna do everything but go to bed. Um, so that's been interesting. I don't know how that's gonna go the next couple days, but, uh, that's fine. Is it hard? Like, is he just get super cranky and you have to just find the ways to keep 'em. 'cause like don't baby just cry when they're tired or hungry or poopy or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yes. But you know,
Speaker 1: They're a lot like me in that regard. Oh, . Yes. I know. I wasn't gonna say it, but
Speaker 3: All babies have cues. Um, and you learn to, to read them. His, when he is tired is he rubs the <inaudible> outta his eyes and yawns. So it's pretty, I
Speaker 1: Feel like it's a pretty normal human response to being tired. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Pretty, pretty universal. So, um, it's
Speaker 1: Gonna be super cute when he does it though. Just
Speaker 3: Yes. And they're all red and bloodshot. You're like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. Bad poor guy. But no, we had a wonderful trip. Very glad we went. Um, and yeah, back, I'm kind of on your program a little bit, not to your extreme, but I leave tomorrow, go to Charlotte in the sim sim sim and then, uh, exciting. Get to drive a race car on Monday, actually. Hey, I'm getting to drive a race car a ton this winter, which is very weird considering testing was supposed to be, uh, less. Yeah. But
Speaker 1: It's, why do you get more? What, what else are you testing or why, why, when, where and how?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're doing a team test at, uh, indie Road course on Monday. And then the following week I'm doing a two day, uh, indie car, uh, series test at the Speedway. And then, um, first week in November I'm doing a two day Firestone test at Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Oh, cool. Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean it's awesome getting a lot of time in the car during this down period, which is great. Um, yeah, it's a very good problem to have. So pretty, pretty About that un expectancy time is always good. Um, yeah. On that, on that note, the Monday tests at IMS Road course, you also have, uh, a couple others joining you. Mm-hmm. So Christian's with you obviously mm-hmm . Uh, Andre Global's got Lockie Hughes driving the car, which is cool. Good for him. Happy to see that. Uh, Kos Hollinger has James Rowe. So a couple of the, uh, indie light guys getting an opportunity.
Speaker 3: Foyt has Colette again,
Speaker 1: Fo has Colette again. Dale's got Hauger again.
Speaker 3: And RL and then Speaker 1: RLL arguably with the headline grabbing one, it's got old Mick Schumacher making a return to high powered open wheel race cars, which is kind of cool. What do we think about, uh, old Mick giving it a run? I am I'm curious to know what the purpose is. Like is he, is he evaluating IndyCar as an option because that's pretty cool? Um, or is this more, you know, there's been a couple European guys that have come over just to do the test because I think they were sought out by teams. You know, holgenburg came over. Um, there's another one that I'm forgetting that there was really no interest in racing the championship. It was just like, oh, they're really asking me to do this and they want me to do this, and why the hell not, why wouldn't I? So I'm curious if it's that situation or if this is like Mick scene, if it goes well, if it's something that he would consider pursuing in 2026. So I don't know. But it'd be nice to find
Speaker 1: Out. It'd be cool. I mean, you should ask them while you're there. I will
Speaker 3: In my best. Maybe he's,
Speaker 1: Wait, it's on Speaker 3: Monday. Deutsche? Yes. Um, might swing by Michael. Say hi. Hmm. Okay. Well, interesting. Again, it's a, it's, it's, it's a crafty move on the RAHA team part because F1 slash two slash three drivers always kill it at IMS Road course. So like, and so does that team. So he is gonna go over and be like, oh my God, I'm, he won by Mile IndyCar's. Awesome. I'm definitely in . That's not always how it goes, but, uh, I mean, like, they took Holcomb convert to Barber and he needed one test and he was like, absolutely not. We're not, I'm not doing that . That's, that's really hard. I'm not doing this. They, taking a barber is great. It's, it's really fun. It is really fun when you get it. That's funny. I, so yeah. I'm, I'm going to, I'm gonna try to swing by 'cause that'd be fun to see how that all goes. Lucas had his first test in the Penske car at Gateway. Gateway. Must be nice that Penske's allowed to run their driver. I don't know if you've been keeping up with, uh, Xfinity racing at all, uh, before. We'll, we'll touch on F1 in a sec, but yeah, Connor Village is pretty good at driving stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't, I've never watched an Xfinity race. That's not true. The only Xfinity race series I've ever watched, or the ones that Connor seen Connor Sage. Um, but I, I don't know anything about it other than every Monday it seems, I read the headline that Connor Zilla wins again. And I'm just like, is he that good or is he just that good? He's the
Speaker 1: Who fell off the car, right? Yeah. Yes. And he's come back, didn't won his first race back, I'm pretty sure and has won everything. He's won 10 races in Xfinity. Like it's, that's from a guy who didn't race ovals until like two years ago, bro. He didn't come up. Like
Speaker 3: He, he might be the best race car driver in North America.
Speaker 1: Like he's on the list, man. Like, it's free. I mean, I'm right here free. Fascinating. We know Tim, we know. And how is he a Mario Kart? He's one in prototypes. He's, he's like unstoppable and this is gonna sound stupid, but just bear with me here. MX five Cup, he would drop in and like that type of racing, like the Racecraft require is so specific and so unique and he would just drop in and beat the regulars. Very good racer, went into Ovals, was good in trucks, was good in Xfinity, obviously he is already been told he is going up to Cup next year, like kid's killing it. And then, and he is a track house development driver. And then I'm pretty sure SVG won the Cup race for Track House. So they're having a pretty good run. Justin Marks is good at stuff, man. He's pretty, he's a pretty switched on dude. I like his, I like the cut of his jib. Mm. I like the way he's gone about that. No. Anyway, I,
Speaker 3: It's, it's, uh, it's pretty incredible. Like I do, we do know that in Xfinity there is, there's a lot of differentiation in equipment right there. Good equipment,
Speaker 1: Bad equipment for sure.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of manufacturer supported engines that are tiered and certain ones with certain amount of horsepower kept for certain individuals. But even so Motorsports as we know, is a very fickle and there's a lot of variables. And so the fact that he is good enough with the equipment to over because
Speaker 1: He not the one with the equipment, the variables,
Speaker 3: Right? No, but I I I he's not, you're absolutely right
Speaker 1: Because like when he's not, when when Cup guys were allowed to go run as many Xfinity races as they want. Right. And guys like Kyle Bush would go run the entire series. Mm-hmm . Like Kyle Bush might not even win 10 of those a year or like maybe he did. Yeah, he would. But you've gotta be, you gotta be Kyle Busch good. Like in that's a good sign in
Speaker 3: In right, Speaker 1: In Good equipment, but also yes, in Gibb's equipment. Like
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. But I'm saying like, this is a kid I, who does not have cup championships under his belt coming back and playing with the kids anyway, dude, I know. Really impressive. I know. I wanna see him run the Indy 500. I would love to see Zi run the 500. I wanna see what he can do in an Indy car because there's literally nothing put him in that he can . Yeah. Fair. I mean, not, yeah. Maybe, maybe not for you, but, uh, for the entertainment value and my job, it would be great. Um, so let's, let's make that happen. Uh, let's come on everybody, you know, uh, he's a Red Bull athlete. Let's go Red Bull and let's go Chevrolet. And let's get him into an IndyCar from bro. Well Alex, this Red Bull and
Speaker 3: R used to have a relationship. Did they? Yeah, ed was a Red Bull driver in IndyCar.
Speaker 1: I had forgot that actually. So you go, you've got Chevy power team with a Red Bull relationship that a really good speedway sounds pretty quick. Go.
Speaker 3: Let's see what he, he does. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'll, uh, make some calls. So
Speaker 3: This weekend, F1 I, I'm sorry, I watched not a single lap.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Really? I did the, the old F1 TV, 30 minute recap. Always, always a, always a money way to do it. It's a, it's a banger way to catch a race. Um, well let me fill you in then.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know what, I know the results and I know
Speaker 1: Qualifying results, Speaker 3: So I'm pretty sure I know what happened. Yeah, you do. You do. Uh, except if you don't know what happened in turn one and it's something that I really wish you had seen a clip of. 'cause I'd love your opinion on Do we wanna just pause
Speaker 3: Real quick and he can watch it.
Speaker 1: So Russell was on pole. Max was second. Very, very interesting. Qualifying. So impressive man. Like, kudos to you for racing an F1 car around that place. Like I, I said this to you after I did the test in the car, I was like, I don't know how anybody drives those things around a track like Singapore and you did that. So good for you because that's a handful of the race car to run around that place. Georgia's lap was great President qualifying fine, whatever. Lando was up until like basically the second to last corner and ended up fifth and Oscar was third. So championship implications, right? Lap won. Lando gets a awesome start, goes past Oscar on the inside of turn three as he fires it up the inside, which, you know, he got around the outside of two, he had the lines for three brushes, the back overshoots a tiny bit, brushes into the back of Max, which causes an oversteer. So he bumps wheels with Oscar and goes by Oscar doesn't hit anything. Oscar doesn't have any damage. Oscar does not lose more than just that one position, which he had every right to lose because he left the door open and ano got, he then got on the radio and was saying, oh, so we can just run into our teammates now. Like, should we not swap those back? This isn't fair. And all these sorts of comments, which did not seem like very Oscar esque comments because normally he like will make one comment for the sake of like making fun of the papaya rules and then get on with his day job. But he like kept leaning into this one. And if you watch it, it's not really that egregious, a maneuver like teammate to teammate, maybe it makes it one degree more egregious, but like, it wasn't that bad at all. It was just
Speaker 3: Racing. I get it from the viewpoint that Oscar would've had in that moment, having
Speaker 1: Not been able to see the replay
Speaker 3: In, in his mind in that moment. Right. You know, it's, it's tight quarters. He leaves the door open for his teammate, the next thing he knows he's being hit and has to avoid hitting the outside wall, loses a spot. And he's like, what the <inaudible>, why are we doing that? And he's pissed. So I I don't have a problem with it, I guess,
Speaker 1: But why, what did he want? Did he want them to swap positions? Like, did he think that that was actually something that the team was gonna entertain?
Speaker 3: Well, there's been a lot of discussion and a lot of things made about these papaya rules, whether there are any rules or not. Who knows If there is a rule that if you hit your teammate and gain a spot from it, you have to give that back. I mean that very well could be rule six.
Speaker 1: or rule one. Yeah, I guess. Yeah. Right. Maybe
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just such a, it's just, I feel like even if you want to bitch about what he did, it seems like a, a futile battle to try to make anything change in the right. Like if the stewards didn't see an issue with it, which man heard rules in F1? There was nothing with it. I
Speaker 3: Think McLaren has made such a, had, they've created such a situation for themselves. Right.
Speaker 1: Um, I'm not saying this is their bed now, not
Speaker 3: Rightly or wrongly, but like Yeah, yeah. They're switching positions all the time, so why wouldn't he expect that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I, yeah, I don't know. I was surprised. I thought, uh, yeah, you asked once and kind of assumed that nothing's gonna happen and then just go
Speaker 3: On. What I like, what I like is he, he wasn't the, he didn't take the George or the Alban approach and just like scream and stories out. Yeah. He's off the red limiter. No, he was just like, man, that doesn't seem right man. That's kinda <inaudible> up man. Yeah. Really. And not
Speaker 1: Like very, very calm.
Speaker 3: Yes. So like yeah, I feel like he had a right to express that. I think that's
Speaker 2: Fine. And I feel like you guys even flagged this as an issue with McLaren doing this kind of swapping spots that this was gonna cause trouble down the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, there's a precedent for sure.
Speaker 2: Like, because if there's one team that might be like, yeah, you're right, all right. Swap positions back, like it could be
them Speaker 1: .
Speaker 2: So, you know, so Speaker 1: I wonder, kudos to You guys for predicting this. Well,
Speaker 1: I mean it was, look, it's a lot of people did. It is easy to see 'cause it's just, it's a bit of an unprecedented situation. And I wonder though, like, is la is Oscar just kind of being crafty enough that he's thinking like, is he thinking long-term enough? Is he playing chess, not checkers, and thinking if I make a big enough deal out of this, it might buy me some favor in a different situation moving forward. Because if he feels really wronged or like the perception is he feels really wrong within the team, the way they've tried so hard to keep everything fair and balanced. Like maybe he's just filling up his, his sympathy tank for the team for so that next time they're like, uh, I remember in Singapore though, like we didn't help him out and maybe this time we like, maybe he's like actually like a stone cold killer and thinking this could help me three races down the line.
Speaker 2: Okay. If that is the case. So not saying it is or isn't, but if that is the case, do you respect a driver for playing that game? If it is part of the game,
Speaker 1: Of course. Anything that helps. There's you win
Speaker 2: Trophy, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anything that helps you win a championship, gotta do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Gotta do it. Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: But I, but I, I hesitate to think that's the case. I think if anything he was a little embarrassed that he got done
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By his teammate Yeah. In that situation and was probably trying to rectify it so he didn't Yeah. Have to look back on it and be like, man, I'm an idiot for giving up that spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It would be cool if in like 15 years he writes a biography and that's like in it, that, that was a conscious thing because you hear stuff like that man. Like some of the mind games these guys play and like back through history, some of the, some of the stories that you've heard and that's not just in the sport any athlete. Right? Uh, so anyway, that was, that was kinda the one drama. Um, some really good drives. I mean mean science got, you know, bill Williams got disqualified in qualifying and had to start at the back, which as you know, there sucks. And science did like a 50 laps stint and then pit with 10 to go and with fresh tires just cut through the field into points. Very impressive. Bearman got points. It was very impressive. Alonzo got good points, which was good. There was one kind of frequent complaint though I saw after the fact. And I do wanna touch
Speaker 3: On it. I saw this, I saw this,
Speaker 1: The complaint was twofold. The complaint was that there were some big misses from the director laying the race in terms of OnTrack action mm-hmm . Which they then parlayed into, which I think is a completely separate thing. But the internet is dumb. And so they, they kind of put these two together. That too often the camera shows shots of celebrities and driver partners during the broadcast when there's racing happening on track. I wanna address the, the second one first. Well, wait, do you have, what's, what's, okay do you, do you agree that these are separate issues and that in this particular situation it was, it was a confluence because people were just wanting to be mad.
Speaker 3: Um, Speaker 1: I know you didn't, you didn't watch the race, but like Yeah, No, I, I agree. It's separate. They are separate. I don't think they're separate issues because I don't think it's an issue. The celebrity better half situation. I think it's an issue. You don not
Speaker 1: Think it's an issue.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's right. It's an issue. Not issues an unfair word because um, no human being can see everything that's happening all at once. But I do often think that there are a lot of good battles that are missed. Not necessarily because people are focusing on pretty people, but because they're focusing on the leader or Right. Okay. They're focusing on Yes. The championship cars.
Speaker 1: Yes. So, okay. So I I wanna address the, the partners thing first and celebrities thing first. Okay. All the people that complain about those people getting any airtime, I think are ignoring two facts. One, that there are a factor faction of the fans that do enjoy seeing that. So to ask the broadcast to never show it because you don't like it, that's, that's a little bit shortsighted. The second point is simply that guys, 90% of 90% of these races are actually quite dull and they're just driving around in a line flashing away to other things every once in a while is not a problem. You're not missing anything. Now, I understand in Singapore there were some concerns about late in the race you missed some of Carlos's passes. You missed some of, uh, the Fernando Alonzo Lewis Hamilton thing 'cause Lewis's brake were failing there. There are two things again I wanna bring up on this. Everybody, every single person that complained about this has never directed a race from a television broadcast standpoint. You don't know that? I No, I'm confident. I'm con I don't know that Alex, you're right. But I'm fairly confident the reason that's difficult is, is 'cause like, because someone, what triggered me was someone was like, oh, well this never happens in other sports. Yeah dude, in other sports there's one thing happening. There's one ball, there's one player in possession of said ball or puck or whatever. And you just have to follow it around. In a confined space, motor racing is not the same. And it is impossible, even with multiple people watching multiple screens to catch every battle all the time. This is a unique situation because all of the things that were being claimed to have been missed were happening right at the end of the race. What everybody that I saw complaining seems to completely miss, fails to realize was that at the front two of the championship contenders were less than a second apart. And there was a battle for second place happening. So Carlos passing from 12th to 10th probably wasn't gonna be enough to draw the attention away, lest you miss Lando firing up the inside of Max somewhere. So had this all happened earlier in the race, they would've had time to find these replays and get them through. If you watched any of the post-race, we covered all that. But to sit there and on the director or the decisions of the gallery because your guy made a couple sick passes that didn't make it on screen. You have to understand there's a bigger picture here. Also, it kind of speaks to the state of F1 that just because four passes were missed, the whole world's up in arms. 'cause that's like 80% of the passes that happened at a track like that. But I just, I'm just, I'm throwing out a, a, a bit of love to anybody that has a direct motor sports. 'cause it's very, very hard to do. And that was a, that was a, again, a unique set of circumstances where it was all happening at the end of the race. There was something important potentially happening at the front of the field. The field. So breaking away, at no point in the last 10 laps were they cut into shots of, well I shouldn't say that 'cause I don't remember necessarily. I don't think cutting to any shot of a celebrity or a partner cost them missing any passes. Right. Did some passes not make on the broadcast. Yeah. Man. Do you have any idea how often that happens in every other form of motorsports? Alex, how many sick passes have you made for six that nobody saw on the broadcast? How many sick passes have you made? Point 13th. That's what it's, it happens all the time. Yeah. Yeah. So you guys just have to like, people just have to accept that it's not an easy thing to do. And motorsports is really, really different man. And if you wanna just watch your guy buy F1 TV Pro, throw on his onboard and just watch him. If you wanna watch the actual broadcast, you're gonna miss some stuff. Well done.
Speaker 2: Well done. Turning that into commercial podcast. Not brought to you by F1 TV Pro but shows tv. I hope tv You're like, you plugging us as hard as you plug F1 TV on here.
Speaker 1: I want you to know that you actually plugged it first by saying you watched the half hour recap. .
Speaker 2: That's fair. That's fair. Speaker 1: I thought this was what We were doing. Did you account him? Are you supporting James in paycheck?
Yeah. Speaker 1: . I like how you use account's account and Alex didn't even use his account to watch.
Speaker 2: Somebody had Speaker 3: To use it. I've never used that account. I'm Just account making sure you get bang for your buck. Alex, do
Speaker 3: You wanna know what pissed me off actually? Do you wanna know what was done? Everything really rubbed me the wrong way. Tell me is I made an effort. Um, because my, I was in England, right? So I was on the correct time zone. Oh
Speaker 1: For Yeah, Speaker 3: Set events. G Geo blocked in England and
Speaker 3: Oh, <inaudible> so pissed. I was like, oh, I'm actually gonna use, 'cause it was Saturday afternoon and I had missed it and I was like, oh, I'm gonna watch it back. Kelly's getting ready for dinner or whatever. I go to my F1 TV app, put in all my credentials, log in, can't watch it, can't do it. And I was like, this noise,
Speaker 1: I was hoping that you were gonna say that you logged in and it said too many devices logged in because Tim used it and you weren't allowed to use it. .
Speaker 3: No, just Speaker 1: That would've been funny. Just Geo blocked.
Speaker 1: Well, look, it was a, it was not a super exciting race, but George Russell did an amazing job and won Max did an amazing job in the finished second. Lando did a good job to get on the podium and close the gap a little bit. And, and I dunno if I, I don't think we mentioned this or I talked about it James, but I seen didn't anyone
Speaker 3: Do a really job?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the INE were pretty bad. Hmm. LP were pretty bad. Um, Kinberg crashed I think because of one of the Alpines, but yeah, there was a couple, the Ferrari weren't particularly strong, you know, that's all relative. It's all relative and yeah, I did, I did my first weekend leading the, the pre and post show stuff. Oh yeah. Which was a very cha very big change. Yeah. So our regular lead presenter, Laura Winter, uh, was not able to make this race. And our other presenter, Nikki Shields, had a conflict and they basically ran out of options. And so they gave me the big microphone and I had to lead all the pre and post-race shows
Speaker 3: Because Tim couldn't make it from LA to s that
Speaker 1: Quick. 'cause Tim couldn't make it. Tim was unavailable. Right. Dude, unrelated the video that you posted from the Tuesday episode, I've seen so many comments about people, uh, and your hair. Your hair just got so much. Yeah. Flack this week. Hey,
Speaker 3: Weird. Looked like easy.
Speaker 2: Okay. Speaker 1: I was, yeah, I was just gonna say comments, engagement around your hair. I'm not gonna No, I understood what you meant. I understood. You didn't need to
Speaker 3: Clarify oh's also what I meant,
Speaker 2: But he said it in an nicer way also.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well I'm a nicer guy.
Speaker 2: I I do have two things I need to bring up just 'cause before we wrap up, uh, we, we all got sick in the, in the Durham household. Um, so I unfortunately had to miss DJ Clark's bachelor party. Uh oh no, because you don't know. DJ is usually doing the, the podium announcements at IndyCar race and he does a lot of the stuff like on the, on the big boards for IndyCar. So dj, sorry, I missed that. Um, excited for the wedding though. And more importantly, Taylor Swift made a song about Travis Kelsey's being huge and I feel like we need to like that just, we need to
Speaker 1: Not really talk about it again.
Speaker 2: Mention that it's, it's a, I mean, would be playing's a nonstop if I were him. Yeah, it's a redwood. Um,
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's, it's, it's a funny
Speaker 2: Because weird way to describe it.
Speaker 1: When I, I watched part of the podcast, part of his podcast when she came on and announced the album and all that stuff and
Speaker 2: Was favorite songs.
Speaker 1: He was like, some of their songs, he is like there, some of these are bangers. They're bangers, real bangers. I'm like, I know which one he's talking about now. .
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't have anything to add to the discourse. I just thought it was important to mention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's, that's why we don't let you, um, think very much. Well, uh, on that bombshell, thanks for listening. Um, next week we'll hear about Alex testing IndyCar at the Speedway, which will be fun.
Speaker 2: And then we'll cover Nashville.
Speaker 1: Oh and no. Yeah, and I'm at Petit la Ma I'm racing Petit La Mall this weekend. I forgot where I was. I forgot what I was doing. So we've got some racing and some testing to cover. Oh, you actually get to drive. Thank God. Yeah, I get to go drive. Yeah, it's gonna be fun. I'm excited. Well, good luck. Luck Anne. I hope. Thanks dude. I hope you remember how it works since March. I just sit in the car today and like relearn all the buttons. I was like, what we do again. Yeah. And if I have to do this, I push that one, right? Yeah. Okay, cool. Yeah, so I think we're good. Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine. It'll be fine. Should be fine. Yeah, it'll be fine. It'll be great. Nashville next week.
Speaker 4: This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi Off Track is part of the Sirius XM Sports Podcast Network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Off Track on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Offtrack is produced by Tim Durham and by that we mean them.