Speaker 1: This is off track.
Speaker 2: Alright, James, what is your, what is your favorite movie? Candy. And then what movie Candy do you associate? Almost exclusively with a movie theater. And I guess, Tim, you're in movie, so you can, you can ask, answer this question too. We started
Speaker 1: Are we recording?
Speaker 2: We are recording. We are recording.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. What a, what A Tuesday question to ask on a Thursday
episode. Speaker 2: . Um, we really, it's the off, off season that we would on our Thursday episode on Tuesday already. So this is gonna be, we're gonna,
Speaker 1: It's not true to some stuff. Um, that's a great question. And very topical. 'cause I've actually seen two movies in the last like, week in the theater. Okay. Which is pretty rare in 2020. In the 2020s. In the twenties, okay. Um, so what is my favorite? Like today or growing up? Because growing up no, it doesn't, whatever. Growing up it was Sour Patch Kids. Okay. Like I would smash a bag of Sour Patch kids every time I went to the movies. That was great. Okay. I don't do that today for a lot of reasons. Um,
Speaker 2: What reasons? Yeah,
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Are you concerned about Red 40 now in your old age, you bitch,
Speaker 3: Do you feel bad for the bears? Little sour bears?
Speaker 2: What? Do you not like sour anymore? Are you just soft? Like, why, why don't you
Speaker 3: Like, did you don't grow sour?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't understand. What's your problem?
Speaker 1: It's just, it's a, it's a big, it's a, a pound of sugar hits different in your forties. You don't need to
Speaker 3: Get the pound back. You can get That's the normal box thing. That's
Speaker 1: Stupid. That's a waste. Yeah, that's yeah. Dumb. Why are you even showing up if you're just gonna have it? I'm not.
Speaker 3: This is why I'm not saying I'm going to do that. I'm saying you have the option to, 'cause you're complaining about the quantity
Speaker 2: Of it. No. So, okay. I'm sorry. So you, I'm mad about this. You found a, a diet friendly candy? No,
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 2: Okay. Um, so what? You don't eat candy in a movie theater?
Speaker 1: I mean, a lot less now than I used to Do you know what nibs are?
Speaker 2: You are so lame. Yes. I know what nibs are.
Speaker 1: I love nibs. Nibs was also a big, I love,
Speaker 2: I love, I love how you're taking your nutrition more seriously now that you are retired from being a professional athlete.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I was, I said when I was a kid, I didn't say I was smashing pound bags of Sour patch kids when I was,
Speaker 2: You used to have, you used to have the most elite candy set up in your basement? Aw dude. It so good. One, one that I tried to replicate but couldn't because I could never get enough candy. So I love now I love now that you are like, Hmm, I'm too good for it. It's not good for my health and fitness journey.
Speaker 3: I also love that he's, that Alex seems personally offended by you not liking Sour Patch kids. Yeah. Because I am also personally offended by you not liking Sour Patch Patch
Speaker 2: Health. Hang on.
Speaker 1: Hey, I back the truck up. I do You
Speaker 2: Have some underlying condition?
Speaker 1: I hope so. Speaker 2: Are you, are you sick? Do you need help? Don't ask a question for help And then just <inaudible> on the answer. Like, answer
Speaker 4: No. We're doing this stupid cable new style. We're gonna ask you a question and then attack you before you can answer it. And then we're gonna make a straw man out of it. This is an
Speaker 1: Insane Speaker 2: Answer. Okay. All right. Moving on the No,
Speaker 4: No, absolutely not. we're
Speaker 1: Not, what do you want me to say? Nibs? I'm just nibs. Yeah. Nibs are great. Nibs are incredible. You can, you can shut your dirt mouth if you don't love Nibs. Um, I love Sour Patch Kids. I just, if I eat an entire bag of them now. 'cause here's the thing, Tim, um, as, as you well know, self-control is hard. And I
Speaker 3: Don't, I don't understand what that was supposed to mean. ,
Speaker 1: You can take that however you want, fella. And
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna have my whiskey and think about
it Speaker 1: . And so I, and, and I don't half as it with the small little box. 'cause I'm not a little bitch. I'm, I do things a hundred percent or not at all. . And if I eat
Speaker 4: Entire except for marathons,
Speaker 1: , I do an entire half marathon. Calm down. Um, yeah. I just, I I just don't feel good after an entire pound of Sour Patch kids. I just can't do it. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love housing. Sour Patch Kids, nibs Peanut m and ms. I also eat a lot of, but the thing, to answer your second question, the thing that I associate almost exclusively with a movie theater, because I eat Sour Patch Kids other places like Your house and like my house, nibs Peanut, m and ms, all those things everywhere. The thing that I only ever have, or have only ever had to my knowledge at a movie theater is an icy slushie.
Speaker 2: You've never gotten a slushie at a gas station.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's not icy. I feel like I've, every time, if I've ever gotten at a gas station, it was something else. It was like a, you know, seven 11 kind of knockoff thing. Sure. Actual icy brand drinks, I feel like I've only had in movie theaters and I love that about them.
Speaker 3: I will say the, the two like candies I only associate with movie theaters are snow caps. I don't have snow caps, but I've never seen them anywhere else. Snow caps are great and Reese's Pieces, and that's just because of ET And I feel like, like they're okay. I don't mind them, but like, I associate that with a movie theater. Yeah. Mm-hmm . Best theaters next obviously Sour Patch Kids. And James is a <inaudible> monster.
Speaker 1: I said that was the best. I said that was my favorite. Eh,
Speaker 3: That's not how I remember it. Well,
Speaker 2: Anyways, Speaker 1: That's Not how I interpreted it either.
Um, Speaker 1: . Okay. Alex, what are your perfect
Speaker 2: Answers? No. So, so I, I asked this question because for me, my favorite movie theater Candy is obviously going to either be Sour Patch Kids or Red Vines Gross. We've already had this licorice conversation.
Speaker 1: Discussion. What,
Speaker 2: What I associate with movies more than any other candy is junior mitts. And I discovered over the holidays, the Junior Mints came out with a Peppermint Crunch version, which is the same junior mint candy, just with some crunchy bits added to our rich crunchy bits. That's a weird thing to say. to a rich, dark chocolate shell. And well, in the time it took you to log on, James, which you were late, but you weren't that late. Um, I was a little late. I'm sorry. I would say you were like three minutes late. Yeah, two to three minutes I inadvertently consumed an entire box .
Speaker 1: So, Speaker 2: So that's, That's Speaker 3: Also not that surprising. You eat very Quickly. That's another like, inherent difference between us is like you, you consume at a rate that is just, and like at the game we were watching you consume things, it's just a phenomenal rate of speed that you can get things into your mouth and down into your stomach.
Speaker 2: Hmm. I have, I have lately started choking, um, a lot to the point where
Speaker 1: Now he's Speaker 2: Getting old to the point where I've, I've considered slowing down because a couple of times I've been in a real tough, tough spot with like a not being able to breathe and b not being able to swallow anything else. Mm. Um, and it takes several minutes, or in the case of a trip that James and I took to short show downs, I Was just gonna bring, bring that up
Speaker 2: To resolve the situation. Um, so anyways, I I don't know why this became a judgment thing about Alex. This is clearly 'cause
Speaker 1: You made it a judgment thing about me.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but you're the one in the wrong here, not me.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, subjectively he's right. You are the wrong one here, James.
Speaker 1: Not eating James
Speaker 3: Many. So patch kids, James, he's never had a sour patch kid. His life
Speaker 1: Because he hates Speaker 3: Children is what he said. Right. That is if you, if
Speaker 2: You rewind Speaker 3: That is what
Speaker 1: He said. Children and colors. I don't like either of those things. And thus I hate Sour Patch kids. Me not eating as many sour patch kids as I did as a child seems less bad than Alex potentially dying from his chewing habits.
Speaker 4: I just love amateur pilot and professional race car driver. Alexander Rossey has most recently almost died from eating.
Speaker 1: He, uh, he pulled a Mama Cass and he nearly die dies of a ham sandwich. You know, that's what's gonna take you down. It's not all the other things. And,
Speaker 2: But, but it, it only happens. I'm trying to figure it out. It only happens when I'm really hungry. So it's either because my throat isn't like ready or no, it's chew because I get, get so excited to eat that I, I just don't chew and I'm excited for the next
bite. Speaker 1: , like Alex with a plate of food when he is hungry is like, when you like dangle a bone in front of a dog, well, you know, they just cannot keep it together. , they're just sewing, they're jumping around and they just try to like swallow the thing hole. Oh man. I like, I wonder how they say you're supposed to chew. What is it like 30 times before you swallow? Which I don't think I no sane person does.
Speaker 2: I have chewed 30 times in the past three meals. This,
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I don't think this week combined, I don't think you've, you've chewed 30 times. Like I will watch him take down, so when we were at the game or on the way to the game, we had like a, a box of Jimmy John's, our buddy had bought a box of like, those pre-cut Jimmy John's things, right? So they're short, they're like, like four inches maybe of sandwich kind of thing. And we just watched Alex holding the entire platter, right? So this was a platter for everybody. Alex just was holding it like a plate and was just five bites, maybe knocking down a sub and then just grabbing another one and continuing to go. And by the time we like thought to ask, Hey Alex, are you going to share those? And he passed it around. I was like, how many did you have? And as he's got one bite in his mouth and one left in his hand, he goes,
Speaker 2: Shit, that's, that's two feet of sandwiches. That's fine.
Speaker 1: Is no, it's fine. It's just the fact you did it four and a half minutes. That's
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, um, so shout out Junior Mintz. Shout out, uh, to my mom for sending these to me because I, uh, got on Amazon and ordered them in bulk and it's a good thing. 'cause apparently I eat a box in three minutes. So yeah,
Speaker 1: When I think Junior Mints, I also think Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Okay. I don't know that I get the connection.
Speaker 1: I feel like Tim will know that reference. I
Speaker 3: Did, I'm trying to think of this specific episode. I recently did a full rewatch of Seinfeld like a year and a half ago, but I
Speaker 2: Don't, and you Speaker 1: Don't remember, I haven't seen this episode in probably a decade. It's when, when Kramer's watching like a surgery in the gallery and he's got junior, He Speaker 3: Drops it, he dropped
Speaker 1: One into the dude that's getting surgery. Um, anyway, that's, that's neither here nor there nor anywhere. Um, so yeah, I mean, racing news, I guess
Speaker 3: Kind Speaker 2: Of racing news. Yes. There has been a, um, let me read it. Is this what you're talking about, James? Yeah. Cool. Um, let me read the headline. Uh, all time Low to kick off Good Ranchers concert series at Job House Grand Prix, weekend of Arlington. All right. Mm-hmm . Number one. Cool. That there's a concert series number two. Great. The Good ranchers are our friends of good ranchers are still involved in the series. 'cause I know they have gone through some changes and are not gonna be on a PE car anymore. Number three, um, who of the two of you knows who all time Low is?
Speaker 1: So I, when I read that, I, it wasn't, it wasn't triggering anything. I wasn't, uh, I wasn't remembering that name. I was confused. Okay. And then I had to look them up. And with your help, I did recognize one of the songs, which is a great song. Um, but I can't say I'm like, uh, intimately knowledgeable of their discography. Well,
Speaker 2: It's 'cause you would've been, I mean, very out of high school when they were
Speaker 3: Relevant. Yeah, he was probably 45. Yeah, exactly. When they first started
Speaker 1: Roundabout . Right. I lo I just threw a brace. The fact that I'm the new hunter Ray in on this show, um,
Speaker 2: That's because Hunter Ray is nearing the end. So we gotta
Speaker 1: Find someone we don't wanna Yeah. Yeah. I mean, I know he listens. There's no way he remembers what we say about him because I mean, he's clearly in that stage of, you know,
Speaker 2: I'm sure Speaker 3: I was happy that he got that new job protecting the cup of Christ until Indiana Jones shows up to grab it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was, uh, it was, it was getting bored. It was good for him. Um, yeah, so, so Alex, I take it you're a, you're a big all time lower. I,
Speaker 2: So I went through a, a, a phase where I was very aggressively into like punk rock or alternative rock. I don't know. Same would classify them. I would say that as that's punky.
Speaker 3: Um, you had an emo phase,
Speaker 2: Not an emo phase, but like, I loved bullying to
Speaker 3: Wear the Speaker 2: Eyeliner link 180 2. And yeah,
Speaker 1: I like a, I like a skater kind of punk phase at some point in high
Speaker 2: School. And, and like all American rejects, I mean Connor's, Connor's boys, um, who else? Like fallout boy, red Jumpsuit apparatus, that sort of thing. So that was like a big part of like my teenage years. So it's, it, it's funny because we've, again, we've talked about this on the show, but we are now the demographic that
Speaker 3: Span to appealing
Speaker 2: To, I mean, poor David Lucas is gonna be like, I'm sorry, was color television around when these guys were out. Um, which is very much how I felt when Janet Jackson was performing the halftime show at the Super Bowl, because it was like, who the hell is this lady? Um, but no, we are now, we are now middle aged and the concerts are meant directly for us. So I'm pretty excited about that. And you can definitely count me in Maria. I will be there.
Speaker 1: I get it. So see what you did there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay. It's the Java House race, right. In Arlington. So like how soon after that was announced, or how soon after you found out, were you making some calls to be like, Hey, I, I count me in, I'm going Well, or is it just assume that
Speaker 2: You're going me in Maria? Um, well, uh, weirdly enough I found out via James when the press release came out. So my own people didn't even tell me this was happening. Mm.
Speaker 1: So the other, the other are,
Speaker 3: Are you sure? Or have you just not opened your texts?
Speaker 1: No, true. That's a valid question. . Um, weirdly we know it didn't come through by dm 'cause he would've seen that. Mm-hmm . Like some people in this conversation. Uh, the other part about that, uh, release Alex, was that there is another act that they announced. Now look, I'm, I'm not, I'm just Yeah,
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I was,
Speaker 1: I don't even, well, it's more, it's more so it's, it's, when you think of it, it says Texas Country Rock band. Right. And when you hear that it's a Texas country rock band, you're sort of expecting names like Lone Star or, you know, like that kind of, or like,
Speaker 2: Like Dustin and the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Uh, Florida, Georgia Line, you know, that kind. Well,
Speaker 3: That probably wouldn't make much sense with Texas one,
Speaker 2: Randy, Travis, you know?
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah. Or like, or like yeah, like a, like a name. Waylon Jenning. Like a naked country name, right? Yeah. Yeah. This country, this Texas country rock band is called Giovanni and the Hired Guns.
Speaker 3: Hmm. Don't know 'em, love them. Big fan sounds,
Speaker 1: Sounds more like a, like an east, a wedding
Speaker 2: Coast, Speaker 1: Uh, you know, New York City, maybe Boston, uh, kind of vibe. Mm-hmm. Um,
Speaker 3: Rock and Roll country grew from Texas. I I'm about to become a big fan of theirs. I don't know any of their songs, but I'm about to,
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Tim, I don't think you're alone in that.
Speaker 1: could be a huge sleeper. I'm excited to see what, what, Giovanni and the boys, I assume maybe girls, the Giovanni and the Hired Guns. I whatever their guns are. Huh. I I, I'm excited to, to learn more about them. Uh, so yeah, so there's, there's more cool stuff coming out of Arlington. Um,
Speaker 2: I mean, I just played a song and the first five words were, I've got a middle finger and a rooster tattoo, so you can consider me a fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You do like giving people the finger and you have many tattoos. So I'm
Speaker 2: Not many, but like, I just think that's a cool, that's a cool couple things to have in your arsenal. All right. It's better than having a tattoo. One more
Speaker 3: Fun things to do in Arlington. Hey, that's not my dumbest tattoo.
Speaker 1: What would you say is your dumbest tattoo? Which one would you vote your
Speaker 3: Dumbest? Oh, the number seven. I'd got it for no reason. Hmm.
Speaker 2: That's, Speaker 1: Wait, that's dumb. The same, the same one that Alex has?
Speaker 3: No, no. Just I have the number seven on my ankle.
Speaker 1: When did you do that? Speaker 3: Before anybody I knew was in the number seven. I got it the night before my brother's second wedding. Um, for no reason. Somebody just said, wouldn't it be funny if we all got tattoos that said seven? And I was like, why? And he goes, because it wouldn't make sense. And then we just have tattoos that don't make sense. And I was like, you know what, that would be funny. You are right . And so I did
Speaker 2: Back to Right. His self-control. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Um, Speaker 3: I was thinking about this 'cause I had a friend in high school, uh, she was the coxswain in the rowing team that I was on the crew. The what? And, uh, You just really wanted to say thatin nobody. What,
Speaker 2: What, what is the role of the coxswain?
Speaker 3: The coxswain is the, the shorter person who sits in the back of the boat and steers and yells at everybody. But they don't grow Southern. And
Speaker 2: That's the name. That's the name they gave that person
Speaker 1: Coxin. How do you spell that?
Speaker 3: C-O-X-S-W-A-I-N. Speaker 1: I always thought it was Coxin. It was
Speaker 2: W Speaker 3: It's Coxswain is how it's pronounced. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Cox Speaker 3: Swing would be worse. And I, she and I thought it would be funny in high school if we got each other's names tattooed on our <inaudible> because like, we were just friends. Right. And we were just like, how funny would it be for the rest of our lives to have to explain to ev like future partners that like, no, this isn't an ex-boyfriend, this isn't an ex-girlfriend. We just thought it'd be funny. She's now married with three kids. I have a kid. I arguably think it'd be way funnier if we did it right now. And I've told her that. So I think we might. So Tim, the last couple stories that you've told, you used a line often that was, I thought it'd be funny or we thought it'd be funny. Mm-hmm. Or wouldn't it be funny? And I'm now starting to understand why your standup career didn't
work. Speaker 3: , you're telling me that wouldn't objectively be funny if I just got like a friend I hadn't seated 20 years named Tattooed on my, that would be hilarious.
Speaker 1: Your version of Funny is, um, it's a very niche version of funny . Uh, not a lot of people are gonna laugh.
Speaker 2: Funny for one. Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe, maybe
Speaker 3: Two. Look, I'm just, I'm here for me. All right. I'm just trying to make me laugh clearly. ,
Speaker 1: Clearly. Um, wow.
Speaker 3: Sarah, if you're listening, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Definitely. You guys should super do . What you should do is you should just go do it and then show up to her place and show her and be like, well now you have to. 'cause I did it.
Speaker 3: I, yeah, I think your husband would find it funny.
Speaker 1: It's like the old helmet swap trick, right? You have these guys that would just give you a helmet being like, oh, so now we have to swap 'cause I gave you one. And you're like, I didn't wanna No . Good times. Okay. In others, somewhat racing news, uh, racing season has kind of officially started because Chili Bowl is happening. And Alex, have you ever been Chili Bowl?
Speaker 2: No. Speaker 1: Would you ever want to go see it? No. In person? Would you ever want to compete in it? No. Speaker 1: Any particular reason why or just No, I hate, I hate the fact it's indoors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair. Speaker 2: Like I just, I I don't like it. I don't like it. Like the smell and the fumes and the noise and the
Speaker 3: Chili bowl flew.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Speaker 2: Not even that. But like if the Chili bowl was an event that was like on an outdoor dirt track, then yeah, I'd be much more interested in going or still not participating, but certainly going, I don't have any interest in sitting inside a little tiny fairground stadium dome thing. That's fair. I mean, there's not many places I'd wanna sit outside of January, but I mean, I dunno, is it warm in Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. No. Speaker 1: I didn't think so. It makes sense Speaker 1: In January, What is it? Texas s Where
Speaker 1: Is Austin?
Speaker 2: Texas is cold as, it's on the top of Texas. Texas, I dunno, it's a high of 80 here today. So I, Austin, Texas is cold as in the winter. That's way further south than Oklahoma. I don't think I've ever been Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: I went once for a go-kart race a long time ago. I mean, I'm old. A long
Speaker 2: Time ago you went to the Chili Bowl for a go-kart race? No. No,
Speaker 1: Sorry. Or you went
Speaker 2: To Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Oh, I went to uh, uh, Norman. Norman.
Speaker 2: No, it was back when it was a territory back when. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes. Before Columbus landed, um, in that general region of Oklahoma. Right. We did some racing. Our, uh, our colleague Santino Ucci is doing it again this year. Uh, Connor Daley is not, and very publicly said that he was retired from Chili Bowl racing. 'cause Tony Stewart, our other buddy is Grand Marshall of the event this year, which is pretty cool. Mm-hmm . Mm-hmm . Um, he's a guy with a big history in that world, obviously, and big presence in that world. Um, and I, and I mean, I'm curious to see how Ferucci does, because one of the things enjoy
Speaker 2: It should be year three perhaps?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think so. That would've been my guess. Uh, and yeah, and like every year you're gonna get a little better, right. Because it's not like he's got, I don't think he does a bunch of testing beforehand. I'm not actually sure. But he, you know, when you get there, one of the tough things about Chili Bowl is you get like four laps of practice before qualifying and then you start getting into the races so you don't get a lot of laps. And, uh, if you knew at the beginning of the weekend what, you know, at the end, you'd be in much better shape. And obviously he's now had a couple under his belt. So we'll see how that goes. Fun to, uh, keep track of saw that Scott McLaughlin was, uh, watching and paying attention. So he's obviously a Chili Bowl fan. Uh, and then this weekend, uh, s Acar are on track at Daytona as we prepare for the Rolex 24 by doing the roar before the 24
Speaker 2: Subtle flex there, James. We, we as
Speaker 1: It'll be there, the collective. We, I meant like the Motorsports fan base. We, but yes. Also me. No, you met you.
Speaker 2: I will be there. You met you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I will be there amongst others. Mm-hmm .
Speaker 2: Enjoy your four laps in nine days.
Speaker 1: . Well, it's funny because I actually, so the roars three days, right? It's Friday, Saturday, Sunday. And I actually have to, oh, I was
Speaker 2: Including the race Speaker 1: . Well, yeah, we got to the race week practice next week, but yeah, roar practice Friday, Saturday, Sunday. And I actually have to miss Friday because we have some meetings with Fox out in la Um, so I'll fly in Friday night after those meetings. And so then I was texting Steve, my team manager. Um, he was just sort of like, yeah, no worries. Like, not ideal, but we'll just make up for it with more track time on Saturday and Sunday. And part of, it's almost like this may actually be a better way to do it because then on Friday, that's one less driver. They're worried about, you know, cycling through the car. So everybody gets a little bit more track time. And that way when I get in the car on Saturday, they'll probably just give me a little bit more conci, not consistent, continuous, uh, track time. So I don't know, it's maybe not a terrible way to do it. It's not like you need a ton of laps. Luckily it's the same car as last year, first time for the last couple years that we're showing up with the same car. So hopefully that's not too bad. But Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what is, what's different for you guys about that? Because like you said, you haven't been able to go into a Daytona weekend with the same car that you had the year prior for a while now. So like, what has that changed about your guys' preparation for it?
Speaker 1: Well, the last couple years it's, the deals have come together kind of late. And so faf was supplied with the car kind of late and for the last two years, kind of the last three years, but last three years, new cars, the last two years, new cars and new manufacturers. So the guys would get the car in, I don't know, November, early December. And you've gotta rip the thing apart, totally rebuild it, prep it, learn it, trying to figure out how to do things, practice doing certain setup changes, things like that. Really basic stuff just to make sure that you're capable of going out and running the car when you have all that time in the off season now with, I mean, we knew what the car was, we had the car right from end of Petit Lamont, like nothing was changing. So you have time to really refine and work on the details on the small things. The last two years it's been thrashing just to get the thing on track and the thing to run. Now it's okay, we can again, hone in on little areas of improvement. And I know it's a 24 hour race, it's an endurance race. But, you know, everybody's been saying for years that this race really now is like a 24 hour sprint race. Like, you gotta be fast, you gotta be pushing, you can't just nurse at home and every little detail, every little bit of lap time that you can find outta the car over 24 hours, that adds up. So if it's a hundred, two hundreds of lap over however many hundreds of laps we've run of that race, that's a good amount of lap time. So it's just given the team a lot more time to prepare and, and hopefully make the thing even better. And last year honestly was pretty good. So fingers crossed
Speaker 2: And fingers crossed that, um, it just, nothing stupid happens. You know, that race is very rarely. Well, I, I don't wanna say very rarely, I have never competed in a Daytona where I had a minor problem. I have only competed in a Daytona where I have had zero problems, where I've had catastrophic,
Speaker 1: Catastrophic failures.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's like, why? Where's the middle ground in this good point. Um, isn't that strange?
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Speaker 2: Hmm. Anyways, I'm trying to think. Hopefully you have zero problems and you can just go pound a mini rock Yes. Until the last many a rock two hours and you get yourself a fancy nice little Rolex and then you can stop Fancy little time. Then I can just, I can officially retire and give up. See you. Yeah. Um, that, yeah, that would be lovely. That would be wonderful. So
Speaker 3: Would you, if if you guys did win, would that be like, all right, yeah, I've done it, I'm gonna step away. Or is it like now I wanna do it twice in a row?
Speaker 1: Well, no, um, yeah, I think you'd wanna do it again. I think that's the, the sad thing at the very least. One more time. I think at the very, if you, if I wanted this year at the very very least, I would do it one once more next year and like make it known that was the last one. Like I could go into it with the mindset like, okay, I wanna enjoy this as my last one, you know? Mm-hmm. Um, that would be a fun thing to be able to do to like have that freedom to make that decision and enjoy it in that way. So there'll be a good indie car contingent at the 24 this year. Uh, I know that Dixon and Polo are running. I know that Erickson's running, I don't know if it's been announced yet, but somebody else I think accidentally said it. So even if it hasn't, I know that's running. Sorry if I just ruined that for you, Scotty, who you uh, Nolan Siegel's running. You
Speaker 3: Cut out right then. Scotty Mack. Is that who you said?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's, did I cut out weird? Yeah. Um, yeah, Scotty Mack's running, uh, Nolan Siegel's running, um,
Speaker 2: Christian Rasmussen is running,
Speaker 1: Christian Rasmussen is running. Yuri Colin
Speaker 2: Herda is running, is no longer a part of IndyCar, but he's running
Speaker 1: But he is running. Yeah. IndyCar. I mean, I'm no longer a part of IndyCar either, technically. So, um, so yeah, a lot of your, a lot of your favorites guys are gonna be there. So make sure you watch, um, Marco's gonna be there. What's that?
Speaker 3: Marco's gonna be there. Marco
Speaker 1: Should be there. Come, come on out. Who you said my
Speaker 2: Favorite guys? Who's no one running with?
Speaker 1: I said some of your favorite guys . He's running with an LMP two team. Huh? Euro Sport or something like that. Inter, inter euro sport game team racing extravaganza. I know, I'm not sure. Yeah. Um, what was I gonna say? Oh yeah, no. So I had to fly to Charlotte, uh, this week
and Speaker 2: , do you wanna a violin
Speaker 1: As this is a ? It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many, do you know how many times I have to fly to Charlotte?
Speaker 1: No, no, I know. No, no. I'm not complaining about the flight to Charlotte. The flight Charlotte's great. I actually, I I'm nice airport to connect in. No problems flying to Charlotte. Had a good time there. But the flight back, one of the things I I am, I am floored that stuff like this still happens in the twenties. I'm really embracing saying the twenties, by the way. Um, so obviously you can get wifi now on planes and it seems like pretty common sense that if you're gonna get wifi, you should probably silence your phone. I mean, you should silence your phone on an airplane regardless. And, uh, the guy, so I was like trying to, trying to get a nap in and I have my, my AirPods in with the noise canceling on and I keep hearing this dinging. 'cause somebody's got their phone on and they're texting or they're emailing or whatever, and the volume is so loud and it's just, everyone's so just ding ding, ding. And I'm like, I wanted to wake up and like scream at the person. I eventually wake up and realize it's the dude sitting next to me. And what really, what really set it off was, do you, do you have a ring camera? Mm-hmm . You know, like that chime sound. Mm-hmm. That a ring alert. Mm-hmm . Those started
Speaker 2: Off going off the dogs off.
Speaker 1: Yes. Those started going off on the <inaudible> plane. And the guy wasn't like, did not seem fused, not seem embarrassed, was not like trying to correct the, he wasn't like grabbing like, oh my God, I gotta shut the thing went off so many times and I just wish I was more confrontational. 'cause I really wanted to just be like, dude, come on. What are we, what are we doing here? Do we need to do this? Is this not common sense? This
Speaker 2: Is, this is, this is an interesting complaint coming from you
Speaker 1: On an airplane, Alex. No, absolutely not. You cannot
Speaker 2: At any other, at any other function on earth. So I've actually, where there are other individuals, you just let your Chewbacca tone just rip and you have zero problem with it. It can be a road trip, it can be, uh, a dinner, it can be a, a hangout session, it could be watching a football game. You are just mooing along for hours.
Speaker 1: First of all, I want you to know that I did cha So Chewbacca is just what rings when Becky texts, right? Uh, that's my, that's my wife's ringtone. Yeah. I
Speaker 3: Would say usual one is from the, from 24, like the office sound.
Speaker 1: No, exactly. So that one pissed off everybody, mainly Alex, but a lot of other people too. But Alex was the most vocal about being angry at that sound. So I have changed it to a much more subtle, simple kinda doja
Speaker 2: Sound. You, you just let it rip still because you were I'm gonna miss your phone on silent.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on. Well, Tim, you can be, you can, you can relax and be happy that you're gonna hear it once in a while because somehow by accident that stayed on as Connor's text tone. So now when Connor texts me, I still get a fix of it, which is nice. But Alex, you'll be happy to know that because of your continued complaints, even after my change of tone, I, I went through the efforts, which I realize is not a big one. So don't go like, oh, you went through the effort. I, I finally, it's get Alex impression switched my phone so that when it's on silent, it still vibrates. So now I can have it on silent and have it in my pocket and I'll still know when it rings. And now you won't have to deal with my, my tones as much and
Speaker 2: The world is happier. I think,
Speaker 3: I think the last time my phone wasn't on vibrate was probably 2011. I don't even, I couldn't even tell you what my text tone is.
Speaker 1: So at some point, I don't even have a, don't even turn your volume on.
Speaker 2: I don't have, why Speaker 3: Would I, why would I be off vibrate? I don't even use vibrate. Dude. It's annoying. I
Speaker 1: I know you, I know you dos why you're most frustrating person to text.
Speaker 3: No, your wife is, is the most frustrating person to text. Alex is a very close second.
Speaker 1: Right? 'cause with Becky, you know, she read it and just didn't reply or like Alex, you know, he probably didn't read it, so you can't get
Speaker 2: It. Well, if I don't read it, it didn't come.
Speaker 1: No, it, no, it came, it's there.
Speaker 2: Nope. . Yep.
Speaker 1: Mm-hmm Speaker 2: . Mm-hmm Not in my mind. I this is hundred 72 examples of it not coming. No, but those 372 are examples of it arriving. Mm. At its chosen. I only,
Speaker 3: I only have 2 58.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go. Speaker 1: Unread text Messages. Yeah. Tim gets it. He gets it. See and now you're in the minority, James, you are the one with the loud phone and the zero text idiot.
Speaker 3: He might, maybe James is honest. I think maybe you need the ringtone to answer text.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe that, yeah.
Speaker 1: I, I I may be in the minority of this very small sample size, but I know I, outside of this virtual room, you guys are freaks and, and, and it's not good. You, you, you should seek help. You guys need to
Speaker 3: See somebody. Mine is mine's different than Alex. I don't, I don't not answer them to ignore them. I don't answer them because then I, I will go back to them eventually is my mentality. Doesn't
Speaker 1: Don't work. If practice, you have 200 but 70 in
Speaker 3: Do, Speaker 1: You're not going back. No. Uhuh. Nope. Wow. Wow. Tim, this is the guy we put in charge of doing stuff for us.
Speaker 2: Do you wake up in the morning then like clock where you're at? So then, you know, if it gets like 3 74, you have two. Absolutely. Absolutely. Same. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I have three new ones today.
Speaker 1: Know the best way to, well, it's a way to do it without having to do math guys. And uh, that's just by reading them.
Speaker 2: No. Speaker 1: How many emails, how many unread emails do you have?
Speaker 3: 2,711.
Speaker 2: 8,747 .
Speaker 5: These guys doing this. Jesus. Eight thousands of .
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaker 3: So anyway, um, I got something kind of cool if you guys don't mind a, a quick little story. Uh, friend of the podcast, uh, drew Fo still and his wife and Dira invited Hazel and I
Speaker 1: How would you know? How did you get the message?
Speaker 3: Well, she sent it on WhatsApp. I only have like 18 unread on there. They invited me to Vast, which is where Drew Drew Foy still now works. Uh, after having retired from nasa, if you guys dunno who Drew is, we had him on the show from the International Space Station when he was the commander there. Great. He now works to the show. Yeah. He now works for a company called Vast, which is based outta Long Beach. And they building, is
Speaker 2: It 'cause space is large?
Speaker 3: I assume that would make sense. I didn't ask. I should have. They're building the, like, next generation of space stations because, um, the International Space Station is going to be decommissioned the next, you know, I think it's 2032 is when it's supposed to crash on into the ocean. Um, so this is a private company. They've hired Drew as their, I think lead astronaut and they're building the next generation of, of Space Station. So he in, they invited, uh, Hazel and I down for a tour and it was incredible. Uh, like the whole facility is is really cool. They do it all there. So they're building the spacecraft there. They have mission control there. Uh, they do everything but launch from there. They have like one satellite norbit right now, but they, they use SpaceX Dragon to launch their stuff. But, um, yeah, it was just, it was just really cool. So if you guys are interested in, uh, space and what the next generation's gonna look at, uh, look into Vast. So
Speaker 2: I I I have a space comment.
Speaker 3: Okay. Speaker 2: Do you think the reason that there aren't aliens or that aliens have not made contact with us?
Speaker 1: Okay, a couple bold
Speaker 3: Assumptions. I'm decided to see where this goes, but let's go
Speaker 2: Is because let's say an alien civilization is 65 million light years away.
Mm-hmm Speaker 3: . Okay.
Speaker 2: And they had the ability to see us, they would be delayed by 65 million years
mm-hmm Speaker 3: . Mm-hmm .
Speaker 2: So why would they reach out to communicate to a rock?
Speaker 3: The other part of it is even if, even if they were there, even if they somehow knew we were there, because like you said, it takes light 65 million years to get there. They're gonna be seeing Earth 65 million years ago. Um, probably not gonna be able to get to us. So I think the reality is there's probably a lot of life out there and we're just never as a species going to interact with it.
Speaker 1: What's cool to me is the thought of
Speaker 2: Some, but even 5,000 light years away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's, I mean, Speaker 3: They would see
Speaker 2: Some's being built. No, I know, but like, or did they build pyramids? They're not gonna like, yeah, we want that. Well, they definitely did and they gave us the internet. So it's a, it is a moot point. But anyways, um, yeah,
Speaker 1: I like the thought that there's some intelligent life planet 65 million year light years away that found Earth and is like, man, these dinosaurs are
cool Speaker 2: .
Speaker 3: And then they get here and it's just us. It's just us. Like, wait, the monkeys
Speaker 1: Made it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Um, and we talk now. I do think it's cool that, and they didn't even get to the moon , God, I hate you . Um, I do think it's cool that, uh, then the Voyager, you know, our, the farthest, uh, manmade objects to leave Earth, you know, we, we have the gold record, um, on there that we wanna, we have instructions on there to build a record player and a record to have sounds from earth. So we have like children saying hello in various languages. We have whale songs, but one of the things that we included was Johnny B. Good by Chuck Berry on there. Incredible song. And I just think like, yeah, if I had to choose like one song to represent like 20th Century Earth, I think that would be it. Well,
Speaker 2: Mine would be, uh, dear Maria, count me in my all time
loan Speaker 3: .
Speaker 1: That's a terrific place to end.
Speaker 3: Is it? Speaker 1: This has been off track with Hinch and Rossi Offtrack is part of the SiriusXM Sports Podcast network. If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear more, please give a five star rating and leave a review. Subscribe today, wherever you stream your podcasts. We are at Ask Offtrack on Twitter and Instagram. And if you wanna follow us on Twitter, we're at Hinch Town and at Alexander Rossi. If you wanna follow them though, we have no idea why you would. He's at the Tim Durham on Twitter. Find us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel for exclusive video content. Off Track is produced by Tim Durham, and by that we mean thi.